Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

10 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I was off over evaluating Petry thinking we could a first a second and a prospect 

I really wish they could send him to Pittsburg for P-O Joseph their 1st and one of their goalies (DeSmith?)

I would package Petry to make it work. DeSmith would fit well as backup for the CH (he has done it before) and Olivier is a solid prospect 

Wonder what a package of Byron and Petry could land us. Both guys would add depth to any playoff run 

21 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I was off over evaluating Petry thinking we could a first a second and a prospect 

I really wish they could send him to Pittsburg for P-O Joseph their 1st and one of their goalies (DeSmith?)

I would package Petry to make it work. DeSmith would fit well as backup for the CH (he has done it before) and Olivier is a solid prospect 

You arent overvaluing petry... you are just looking for too many picks.  We have a ton of picks in this draft and in 2021 too.

I want the value to be in a top end prospect rather than adding more picks.  

With a high end prospect weve had more time to evaluate them after their draft year and they are also closer to NHL ready than someone drafted in the 20s.  Its like taking suzuki and the 2nd round pick for pacioretty... or the sens taking brannstrom for stone... instead of getting a pick in the 20s.

I want a guy like Krebs from vegas... or a prospect who is high value from whatever team we are dealing with.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Commandant said:

You arent overvaluing petry... you are just looking for too many picks.  We have a ton of picks in this draft and in 2021 too.

With a high end prospect weve had more time to evaluate them after their draft year and they are also closer to NHL ready than someone drafted in the 20s.  Its like taking suzuki and the 2nd round pick for pacioretty... or the sens taking brannstrom for stone... instead of getting a pick in the 20s.

I want a guy like Krebs from vegas... or a prospect who is high value from whatever team we are dealing with.

Yep. Any strategy that maximizes the chance of adding an impact prospect to a talent pool that needs 1-2 more impact prospects, is what we should be doing.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Thanks! That clarification helps

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yep. Any strategy that maximizes the chance of adding an impact prospect to a talent pool that needs 1-2 more impact prospects, is what we should be doing.

This is why I have been saying we should be trying to be a lottery pick team this year and not trying for a playoff spot. But once our players come back from injury, this team will end up picking 15th again instead of in the top 5.

12 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

This is why I have been saying we should be trying to be a lottery pick team this year and not trying for a playoff spot. But once our players come back from injury, this team will end up picking 15th again instead of in the top 5.

Yes, I sucks to root for a team that doesn’t quit... if you are not the Sabres

A perfect example of why tanking gets you nowhere. 

The Sabres tanked for Ekblad, lost the lottery and got Reichel
The Sabres tanked for McDavid, lost the lottery and got Eichel. 
A bad team got an 8th overall pick and took Alex Nylander

Another bad team got an 8th overall pick and took Casey Mittlestadt. 
They tanked again and got Dahlin. 
Another bad team and they got the 7th overall pick and took Cozens. 

Where are they after all of this. 

Tanking guarantees nothing.

27 minutes ago, Commandant said:

It gets you an elite player that if you do it properly can build a championship team around. But one player doesn't win you championships, which a lot of gm's don't understand including ours.

55 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I got the point

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Been saying this forever. All tanking guarantees is that your team is absolutely appallingly terrible for an indefinite number of years. No, no, no. The key is to have elite drafting and development. Teams like Boston, San Jose, and Tampa Bay show you can contend for years without tanking, just as teams like Buffalo and EDM show that tanking can be completely futile.

16 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Been saying this forever. All tanking guarantees is that your team is absolutely appallingly terrible for an indefinite number of years. No, no, no. The key is to have elite drafting and development. Teams like Boston, San Jose, and Tampa Bay show you can contend for years without tanking, just as teams like Buffalo and EDM show that tanking can be completely futile.

There are examples on both sides when it comes to tanking. No question Edmonton and Buffalo have been abysmal. But Chicago (Kane and Toews) and Pittsburgh (Malkin and Crosby) did pretty well after they tanked. The  key is not having it go on so long that you develop a losing culture. Of course you need to draft and develop well so you can surround the stars you get from tanking with  good players,.

If we have another two year of zero prospects becoming impactful NHL players, Weber , Petry and Price will be too old and the Habs will need to do a tank job like PITT and CHI did

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

If we have another two year of zero prospects becoming impactful NHL players, Weber , Petry and Price will be too old and the Habs will need to do a tank job like PITT and CHI did

Don't go there with some of these guys, just don't go there .................

1 hour ago, Habsfan89 said:

Ah you and your one liner post

Legit question, how has the Habs GM shown he thinks 1 player will win a championship? I dont get it.

2 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

I know he wanted out, but Trouba only cost  Pionk + 1st.

Mete + 1st for a LD like Trouba,  realistic ?

2 hours ago, Chris said:

Trouba is a RD

Habs need LD

:huh:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

I know he wanted out, but Trouba only cost  Pionk + 1st.

Mete + 1st for a LD like Trouba,  realistic ?

I'd say yes, but in all honesty, trading away a 1st before we are sure about turning the corner as a team is very risky and ill advised. So while i'd say, to the right team in the right circumstance this could certainly be possible, I don't think we have reached a point yet as a roster to chuck away any 1st rounders, therefore we can't get a Trouba for that offer because we shouldn't be making it yet 😎

• 2 weeks later...