Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Lindy Ruff to be named NJD head coach ... they need defence ... wonder what Habs could get for Shea Weber ... what would you reasonably want (i.e., Jack Hughes going nowhere)?

Seems like a Ruff kind of player ... ***NOT*** saying to dump Weber's contract ... exploit a new GM wanting to make a splash ... 

10 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I don't think Montreal has any interest at all in moving Weber though it would be funny if New Jersey targeted him as an upgrade on Subban.

Agree ... it was a "should do" not "would do" type of question

Given that NJD were rumoured to want to dispose of Subban I would even consider taking him back as a small/secondary element of a deal ... would be very popular with some parts of the fanbase and (if rumours were true) add to the return ... returning to Montreal might rejuvenate/re-motivate his career for the last two years of the deal MB gave him (allegedly at molson's behest) ... BUT it is very, very, very unlikely MB would do that

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

BUT it is very, very, very unlikely MB would do that

No its, very very very very very unlikely...OK simply not a chance in hell of that happening.

3 year ago Subban had 16goals, in last 2 years Subban has had 16g...is he washed up at 31,  just doesn't like NJ, or was injured?

(Chiarot outscored him last year in goals and pts)

6 minutes ago, DON said:

No its, very very very very very unlikely...OK simply not a chance in hell of that happening.

3 year ago Subban had 16goals, in last 2 years Subban has had 16g...is he washed up at 31,  just doesn't like NJ, or was injured?

(Chiarot outscored him last year in goals and pts)

PK apparently has a very bad back ... and there have been suggestions/rumours that since he got involved with Lindsay Vonn (midway through that 16 goal season) hits focus has not been the same

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

PK apparently has a very bad back ... and there have been suggestions/rumours that since he got involved with Lindsay Vonn (midway through that 16 goal season) hits focus has not been the same

I am fairly certain I made a post about that in the original trade thread, something like that he might start to focus on his celebrity more than hockey, among many of the reasons why I was defending the trade. Of course I would have been down voted into oblivion 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/9/2020 at 4:54 PM, illWill said:

I am fairly certain I made a post about that in the original trade thread, something like that he might start to focus on his celebrity more than hockey, among many of the reasons why I was defending the trade. Of course I would have been down voted into oblivion 

Those were dark times.. Always remember the few, and brave, brethren who stood a long side you in defense of that trade..

6E89480DDBAF39695B74D9DC7DE9FAC1E6213D57

And i'll obviously just leave it at that 😉

1 hour ago, Link67 said:

Those were dark times.. Always remember the few, and brave, brethren who stood a long side you in defense of that trade..

😇

It’s also true that Subban’s style was always going to age quicker than Weber’s. Weber’s hard shot, goals by a defenseman, power play points (though I actually expect more from him there), shot blocking, and physicality aren’t going anywhere any time soon. 

Subban’s speed and mobility should begin taking a hit, though his breakouts and passing should remain strong. 

Be more like:

That trade shall be NI !!! 

6 hours ago, Link67 said:

• Like 1

(See below) I wouldn't take on Eriksson's contract (2 yrs @ $6 million) for all three of Kole LindBrogan Rafferty and Adam Gaudette ... especially in a flat cap world ... Broberg is a right-handed Ouellette, Kole hasn't done much of anything in the AHL in two years and Gaudreau played 4th line NHL minutes (although he had 4g, 8a on VAN's 4th overall PP) ... Kole and Gaudreau might be interesting in their own right (some would say typical MB targets) but if you are taking on Ericksson's cap hit it would (IMO) have to be in a Broeser deal ... Loui and Brock would free up almost @12 million for VAN ... enough to re-sign Toffoli (rumoured to be a priority) and even pursue another high-end UFA

Maybe something like Habs #1 (assuming it is 9th) and Lehkonen for Boeser, Loui, Gaudreau and VAN 2021 first

Another team to possibly exploit if Habs don't expect Krug or Hall to come on board

https://nhlrumors.com/nhl-rumors-the-arizona-coyotes-would-need-to-create-cap-to-re-sign-hall-some-trade-options/2020/07/21/

• 3 weeks later...

Moving here from general thread

Off the top of Mr. Potato's head:

1. Petry and Domi ($5.5M + $4M?$4.5M = $9.5M-to-$10M) to TO for Kapanen, Kerfoot and Nylander ($3.2M + $3.5M + $6.9M = $13.6M) and their 2020 1st round pick (if not Lafreniere)

or

Petry,  Domi, Habs 1st and 2x Habs 2nd to TO for Kapanen, Nylander ($10.1M) and their 2020 1st round pick (if Lafreniere)

20 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Moving here from general thread

Off the top of Mr. Potato's head:

1. Petry and Domi ($5.5M + $4M?$4.5M = $9.5M-to-$10M) to TO for Kapanen, Kerfoot and Nylander ($3.2M + $3.5M + $6.9M = $13.6M) and their 2020 1st round pick (if not Lafreniere)

or

Petry,  Domi, Habs 1st and 2x Habs 2nd to TO for Kapanen, Nylander ($10.1M) and their 2020 1st round pick (if Lafreniere)

Wouldn't move Petry ... Weber might be an interesting option for TO but don't see Bergevin trading him ... I would target one of Kerfoot, Johnsson or Kapanen to add further scoring depth ... think a couple of them are likely to be moved to create cap space ... 

Not fully in love with this idea, but throwing it out there...

If Henrik Lundqvist wants to play for one more season but NYR can't handle the cap hit, what about doing something like the Brooks Orpik trade a couple seasons ago or the Patrick Marleau trade last year where the Rangers send the Habs Lundqvist & Carolina's 1st round pick for a guy like Jordan Weal, and we buy him out immediately so he can re-sign with NYR at a more palatable salary?

$5 500 000 cap hit for next season, $1 500 000 cap hit for the season after.

• Upvote 1

$5.5M + $1.5M for a late first-round pick? It seems like a lot, but if we have a lot of cap space ... but then why not just play him for next season instead of hunting for another backup goalie?

4 hours ago, tomh009 said:

$5.5M + $1.5M for a late first-round pick? It seems like a lot, but if we have a lot of cap space ... but then why not just play him for next season instead of hunting for another backup goalie?

The assumption is Lundqvist is Ride or Die Rangers. They'll probably be a playoff team next year, and he'll want to be a part of that, but his cap hit will get in the way of it.

Accept a trade, get bought out, re-sign at a lower cap hit without taking a financial hit. The Brooks Orpik approach.

13 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Not fully in love with this idea, but throwing it out there...

If Henrik Lundqvist wants to play for one more season but NYR can't handle the cap hit, what about doing something like the Brooks Orpik trade a couple seasons ago or the Patrick Marleau trade last year where the Rangers send the Habs Lundqvist & Carolina's 1st round pick for a guy like Jordan Weal, and we buy him out immediately so he can re-sign with NYR at a more palatable salary?

$5 500 000 cap hit for next season, $1 500 000 cap hit for the season after.

I'm not a fan of the idea unless the payoff is much more than a first round pick (unless its this season's ... which it would never be)

Lundqvist has a NMC, so he needs to agree to be dealt (which is where the concept of trade and re-sign may make some sense as an enticement to waive his NMC) ... also, NYRs have two young goalies who both had better seasons than Lundqvist ... unless they get a good trade offer for one of the youngsters I doubt the NYRs have room for Henrique next season regardless of cap hit ..

Trading for Lundvist just to buy him out AND then re-sign with the NYRs is a salary dump that needs a significant payoff ... ***IF*** this were to be done, IMO the payoff would need to include (a) either one of the young goalies or (b) Tony DeAngelo or (c) K’Andre Miller or (d) Nils Lundkvist ... who the Habs would have to give and/or what else comes from the Rangers would vary with each option.

5 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I have no desire to have Tony DeAngelo. 

Locker Room Cancer. 

Fair enough ... didn't know ... any particular incident?

11 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Fair enough ... didn't know ... any particular incident?

Too many.

2 hours ago, DON said:

Byron ($3.4), 2nd round pick, one of Mete, Kulak, Juulsen or Fleury for an upgrade up front from a cap strapped team.

I really don't think we should be throwing Kulak in there, unless you want to patch one hole and create another.

Byron, yes, depending who we would be getting.

Rumour has it that Calgary is going to make the max offer to Taylor Hall and he may want to come home a la Tavares.  
The guy the local media pitchforks are out for is Gaudreau, but not really interested in him
I think Gaudreau  is good as gone, even if they have to sweeten the deal.

the guy is be interested in is Monohan - who is also out of favour, but not nearly to the same extent.  Given he’s 3 years younger has more term on his contract, would it make sense to move Gallagher, who I would be nervous about how long a contract to extend him for, for a younger guy who is fairly consistent- this year not withstanding.  Say Byron and Gallagher for Monohan and Juuso Valimaki?

the other team with cap issues and expectation issues is a edmonton.  They could use the same two guys and have serious cap issues to get depth:

dies the following make sense:

Gallagher, Byron and Mete for Bouchard, Broberg, Raphael Lavoie , Jesse Puljujärvi and James Neal as salary dump.

We really strengthen our prospect pool on D with a couple of guys that should be top 4 dmen and get two good scoring wing prospects.   The other thought with Edmonton is dangling Danault.

I think with both our cap room and some teams under achieving and being limited by cap space, there is a chance to add more young talent to complement A future core  of KK and Suzuki.  League is getting younger and I’d rather we got more skill.  

I love everything about Gallagher, but not sure I’d want to have him in $7.5-8m deal In a couple of years on a 5 to 8 year contract thatbwwd probably need to offer.

57 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I really don't think we should be throwing Kulak in there,

Where do we hope Romanov is playing by end of next year, with Petry not Juulsen/Fleury. 

And he just put on a good show, for tradewise value, no?

You almost always have to give up something you would 'prefer' not to, if want a good player back.

25 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Rumour has it that Calgary is going to make the max offer to Taylor Hall and he may want to come home a la Tavares. 

The max offer is $16.3 million per year (20% of the cap).  I'm pretty sure they're not offering that.