Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

1 hour ago, DON said:

Marner to Habs from Leafs?

Who came up with this idea?

you guys talk like trades within divisions never happen?

And who's stupid enough to NOT want one of the very best offensive catalysts in the game?

Toronto has 3 forwards making 34 million. Moving Nylander and his 6.8 (he's not overpaid btw) is not the answer to their  problems. Moving Marner is.

This is a trade proposal thread...

ld rather have Marner then Nylander 

ld rather have Laine then Nylander

36 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I do believe Toronto will explore the possibility of trading either Marner or Nylander, but I expect the only deal they will accept involves a top pairing RH defenseman. 

We cannot move our top D. No way we can move Weber or Petry without signing Pietrangelo. otherwise its backwards we go again.

I think MB wants use prospects and picks to catch a fish from a team looking to hold tight during the flat cap. Im starting to think the jets might be the better trading partner then Toronto who has a mere ~6mill to sign 6 players to complete a 23 man roster but is a wealthy club. With Conner in the fray I wouldn't doubt maybe Laine is available for a little stocking of there shelves. They need a C? Maybe its Poehling, Mete  and some d prospects or picks for Laine?

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

I don't think the difference between Marner and Nylander is that big.  Its certainly not $4 million per season big in terms of cap space.  I'd rather have Nylander. 

I think the difference is HUGE! Marner is arguably a top 10 forward in the league.  I"ll take Marner

Again I will take Nylander too.

I really think we need to add a big time winger and try not to lose anyone from our current forward group. Thats why im pushing for a trade of a big time winger

-can a deal of Poehling, Mete, Brook a 1st get you Laine? hes an RFA the following year and will be looking for big money

-what about 1 year and BIG money at Hall?

-prying Marner away? they Have around 5 million to sign 6 players to get to 23 man roster. 2 of those 6 need to be top 4 Dman 

Petry and Mete a 1st 2nd 3rd  fo Marner but ONLY after we sign Pietrangelo first

Just imagine

Drouin Suzuki Armia

Domi (5) Kotkaniemi LAINE (6.7) or  MARNER (10.9)  or HALL (1x 12.5)

Tatar Danault Gallagher

Byron Evans Lehkonan

Kovalchuk (3) signed

Belzile (900) signed

Chairot Weber

Kulak PETRY or                    PIETRANGELO

Romanov Fleury

Ouellet (1.5) signed

Price

Demshenko

Weal waived or traded for futures

alzner traded with picks

would that work under the CAP??

its amazing what  one game breaker and a healthy line up can produce?

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

... -can a deal of Poehling, Mete, Brook a 1st get you Laine? hes an RFA the following year and will be looking for big money ...

Doubt it ... Poehling couldn't beat Weise out of a spot in the tournament,
                   Mete is a 3rd pairing D who is a good skater, average at best 5-on5, gets no PK time and has no goals/5 assists on the
                             PP in 171 games (admittedly in little TOI, but on a team desperate for PP scoring
                   Brook is a mid-2nd round pick who had a bad rookie season in the AHL
                   The 1st rounder is the only real value currently
Jets will want a lot more than quantity ... they only have 6 players signed for 21/22 with a little over $36M to spend ... if Laine is in their plans they will re-sign him, if not he either is retained for a playoff run or is dealt at the deadline ... unless they get a great offer this "summer".

3 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

We cannot move our top D. No way we can move Weber or Petry without signing Pietrangelo. otherwise its backwards we go again.

I think MB wants use prospects and picks to catch a fish from a team looking to hold tight during the flat cap. Im starting to think the jets might be the better trading partner then Toronto who has a mere ~6mill to sign 6 players to complete a 23 man roster but is a wealthy club. With Conner in the fray I wouldn't doubt maybe Laine is available for a little stocking of there shelves. They need a C? Maybe its Poehling, Mete  and some d prospects or picks for Laine?

There has been talk of a Domi deal with the Wild for Dumba (other pieces TBD) ... not as good as Petry but is Dumba/Nylander more valuable to the Habs than Petry/Domi

5 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Mete is a 3rd pairing D who is a good skater, average at best 5-on5, gets no PK time and has no goals/5 assists on the
                             PP in 171 games (admittedly in little TOI, but on a team desperate for PP scoring
Jets will want a lot more than quantity ... they only have 6 players signed for 21/22 with a little over $36M to spend ... if Laine is in their plans they will re-sign him, if not he either is retained for a playoff run or is dealt at the deadline ... unless they get a great offer this "summer".

What in the world are you talking about? Maybe that isn't enough to get the deal done and we need to add another pick or a forward prospect not named Cole Caufield but, to say the players above have NO real value is absurd. 

-Because the Habs chose to play Weise over a a big 20 year old rookie C with ONLY 29 games of NHL experience devalues him to the point he has none? Of course Poehling alone is getting Laine but he isnt valueless!

-It doesnt have to be Brook, it can be any D prospects not named Romanov. Maybe its Harris or Norlinder or Juulsen or Struble or Fleury.  but to say Brook has no value because he had a rough season? Enlighten me on how bad his rookie season was. How many Laval games did you really watch this year to come up with that assessment that he has virtually no value?

-We all forget that Mete just turned 22 year old and yes he is an under sized puck moving defender. But, with +170 games of NHL experience (a handful on our top line. I might add), he still has plenty of room to grow as a defender (or is he done maturing as a defender and cant get better because he's small?). He's only 13 months older than Suzuki as an example of how young he truly still is. As another example of how much Mete could still develop, Tory Krug at the same age had 2 games of NHL experience. 

As for Winnipeg, they are a depleted team with a depleted stock pile of assets. I think quantity of prospects and picks is exactly what they want. They need C depth and even defensive depth just to name a few. they are a team definitely trending down with a small prospect pool. The Jets have only 9 picks over the next 2 drafts compared to the Habs 25! And that not considering the Habs coming off 3 straight seasons of large amounts of drafted prospects.

Quantity of assets is actually our strength along with CAP space.

There has been talk of a Domi deal with the Wild for Dumba (other pieces TBD) ... not as good as Petry but is Dumba/Nylander more valuable to the Habs than Petry/Domi

Not a Dumba fan. I believe Petry is a much better defender. Domi for Nylander is a virtual sideways move. How much of a bump in production does Domi get playing on a line with Matthews or a line with Marner? I think Nylander is that better offensive talent but that move is sideways at best on a talent scale.

Its the old pile up bunch of junk proposal, that is easy to part with, for a superstar.

Marner nor Laine is not being traded, i dont get the fascination with Marner...about same chance as signing a McDavid, Matthews, MacKinnon.

I think it is being massively overstated how bad Brooks season was.

Hes a 20 year old D in his first AHL season.  He started slow but was much better as the season went a long and finished playing a top 4 role and putting up points in the last 20 games.

Thats called a developmental season for a 20 year old.  It's not like the guy is a bust cause he didnt dominate the AHL in his first pro season.  Most 20 year old D dont.  

That said... this halak ryder and a 2nd proposal isnt getting Laine... 

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Not a Dumba fan. I believe Petry is a much better defender. Domi for Nylander is a virtual sideways move. How much of a bump in production does Domi get playing on a line with Matthews or a line with Marner? I think Nylander is that better offensive talent but that move is sideways at best on a talent scale.

Domi for Nylander is not a sideway move. Nylander is a winger, he doesn't have any desire to be a center. He also produced during the qualifying round and played well, where Domi didn't do much.

Finally, Domi wouldn't be a first liner on a stacked Toronto team, so his production may just get a boost from playing in front of his hometown

Just now, alfredoh2009 said:

Nylander is a winger, he doesn't have any desire to be a center. He also produced during the qualifying round and played well, where Domi didn't do much.

The qualifying round is an awfully small sample size, though, only five games -- even less than the WJC, for example.

16 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

The qualifying round is an awfully small sample size, though, only five games -- even less than the WJC, for example.

I didn't want to take into consideration the last few regular seasons, it would be too obvious to see that Domi is not as good as Nylander... but heck, what do I know :spamafote:

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Domi for Nylander is not a sideway move. Nylander is a winger, he doesn't have any desire to be a center. He also produced during the qualifying round and played well, where Domi didn't do much.

Finally, Domi wouldn't be a first liner on a stacked Toronto team, so his production may just get a boost from playing in front of his hometown

Firstly, Domi would not be playing C in Toronto unless on the 4th line... hed most likely slot in on the wing on one of the top 2 lines.

PETRY is better then Dumba

Nylander is better then Domi

equals pretty much sideways deal

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

I think it is being massively overstated how bad Brooks season was.

Hes a 20 year old D in his first AHL season.  He started slow but was much better as the season went a long and finished playing a top 4 role and putting up points in the last 20 games.

Thats called a developmental season for a 20 year old.  It's not like the guy is a bust cause he didnt dominate the AHL in his first pro season.  Most 20 year old D dont.  

That said... this halak ryder and a 2nd proposal isnt getting Laine... 

that was my point

Poehling, Mete, Brook and our 1st RD pick is hardly scraps. On top of that, I suggested adding another pick like a 2nd or another forward prospect not named Caufield.

With that said, of course the Jets would try and wiggle away one of our blue chips. However, we are dealing with all the cards and from a position of strength we haven't seen on this team for over a generation

3 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Poehling, Mete, Brook and our 1st RD pick is hardly scraps. On top of that, I suggested adding another pick like a 2nd or another forward prospect not named Caufield.

Bergevin wont keep adding to the pile.

If you want an all-star in return...it will be painful and no question, losing a Caufield, Romanov, Petry, Gallagher or the like would be required.

5 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

What in the world are you talking about? Maybe that isn't enough to get the deal done and we need to add another pick or a forward prospect not named Cole Caufield but, to say the players above have NO real value is absurd ...

In the specific context, trading for Laine, those players are all secondary or even tertiary assets in a trade for an elite scorer ... so NO value may have been an overstatement, but no value that will drive such a deal ... If Jets are trading Laine I expect that means they will be looking to rebuild (or at least re-tool) and would therefore want a Caufield-like prospect (Habs really only have Caufield) ... as well as an existing top 6 NHLer and another piece ... of course we are all just guessing

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

In the specific context, trading for Laine, those players are all secondary or even tertiary assets in a trade for an elite scorer ... so NO value may have been an overstatement, but no value that will drive such a deal ... If Jets are trading Laine I expect that means they will be looking to rebuild (or at least re-tool) and would therefore want a Caufield-like prospect (Habs really only have Caufield) ... as well as an existing top 6 NHLer and another piece ... of course we are all just guessing

If jets are looking to rebuild, they would be trading Wheeler, not Laine.  They do need to rebuild the defence though.

3 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

If jets are looking to rebuild, they would be trading Wheeler, not Laine.  They do need to rebuild the defence though.

I don't disagree ... just said that ***IF*** they were looking to trade Laine that would signal to me that they are undertaking a rebuild/re-tool ... HOWEVER ... upon further thought, Laine is a player they would undoubtedly keep in a rebuild unless they can't re-sign him.

This was the best spot I could think of for this somewhat interesting tidbit

Apparently Ryan Poehling and Max Domi have removed references to being a Hab from their Instagram pages ... this contrasts with, for example, Nick Suzuki and Brendan Gallagher whose profile photos are in their habs sweaters ... Poehling as an interesting reference on his page:  Time will tell the story

Are they suggesting they don't expect to be back?

Based on who the backups have been since Halak left (look here) the common proposal to trade for/sign a legit backup goalie seem justified.

55 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I don't disagree ... just said that ***IF*** they were looking to trade Laine that would signal to me that they are undertaking a rebuild/re-tool ... HOWEVER ... upon further thought, Laine is a player they would undoubtedly keep in a rebuild unless they can't re-sign him.

I could see them trading Laine, but it wouldn’t be to rebuild, it would be too boast their D while Wheeler is still their and some of their other forwards are still in their prime and they have a dominant goalie.  To me a rebuild is a 2-4 year time frame to competing.  I could see them trading Laine in a Seth Jones - Johansen type deal.