Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

3 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Last few years has been good based where they finished in the standing.

Jury is still out on Poehling and most agree that none of these is a game changer... for example, Sergachev is a stud and playing top minutes on a cup contending team; but he does not carry that team on his back.

Where a Weber, who is a second rounder, is an all start and top defender on the teams he has played in

I was talking about: Sherbak, McCarron, Galchenyuk that right now should for the core and were three straight busts.

One dud every once in a while, its ok but a bunch in a row is not.

You did say "If the Habs can stop getting their first draft picks wrong", and I think they have done so -- and, yes, there were some bad years further back. But recently we have had only one top-5 pick and and two top-10 picks, so we can't expect a lot of all-stars in the mix.

Later rounds, yeah, every team wants to pick a Weber in the second or third round (we did pick Subban in the second, much further back in time) but those are low-percentage picks and the likelihood of picking an all-star is quite small. Once in a while someone does get lucky, though.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Are we really doing so badly on the first round, in recent years at least? In the last five years ...

• 2015: Juulsen at #26
  • 2016: Sergachev at #9
  • 2017: Poehling at #25
  • 2018: Kotkaniemi at #3
  • 2019: Caufield at #15

Yes, Juulsen has had a series of concussions, but you cannot predict that when picking. And Sergachev was traded, but a bad trade does not make it a bad draft pick.

Im actually okay with our picks from 2015 onwards - though I hated trading away our 2016 pick.

in 2015 Aho would have been the pick to make and Carlo May even been a better choice.  But there are no Mccaron’s or Leblanc’s.

Id like to see how many of these picks MB will keep or give away like he did with Sergechev.  Poehling seems to be in rumours and trade proposals.  I’d also hate to see Caufield moves for immediate help.

47 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Last few years has been good based where they finished in the standing.

Jury is still out on Poehling and most agree that none of these is a game changer... for example, Sergachev is a stud and playing top minutes on a cup contending team; but he does not carry that team on his back.

Where a Weber, who is a second rounder, is an all start and top defender on the teams he has played in

I was talking about: Sherbak, McCarron, Galchenyuk that right now should for the core and were three straight busts.

One dud every once in a while, its ok but a bunch in a row is not.

That was more when Bergevin was still thinking old school....." size and grit still won you hockey games".

When we retool and he switch to today 's NHL with speed and skill our draft picks got better.

I have seen trade proposals for Calgary's Gaudreau for Domi +.   I live in Southern Alberta and have watched Gaudreau play since he arrived in Calgary.  He is a good little player and has the points to prove it.  However, come playoff time, he disappears.  He is small, soft and doesn't get involved.  The Habs don't need another small forward.  We need size and skill upfront, players who can take the grind of playoff hockey and contribute offensively.

14 minutes ago, Blazer said:

I have seen trade proposals for Calgary's Gaudreau for Domi +.   I live in Southern Alberta and have watched Gaudreau play since he arrived in Calgary.  He is a good little player and has the points to prove it.  However, come playoff time, he disappears.  He is small, soft and doesn't get involved.  The Habs don't need another small forward.  We need size and skill upfront, players who can take the grind of playoff hockey and contribute offensively.

Haven't watched him closely, but 7 points in 10 games is not "disappearing" in this year's playoff. And the guy has scored at a PPG+ pace in the past.

If Calgary is giving up on him, I'd definitely be interested. The return is - as always - a whole other question.

We'd be crazy to not entertain the possibility of getting a player of gaudreau's caliber, more  specifically a winger who has gotten 84, 99 and 58 (shortened season) points in the last 3 seasons alone. Especially when he's rumoured to be on the cheap. Is he exactly what we need? Probably not. He's not big and he's not a prolific goal scorer. However, he will instantly be our most proven dynamic offensive weapon.

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

We'd be crazy to not entertain the possibility of getting a player of gaudreau's caliber, more  specifically a winger who has gotten 84, 99 and 58 (shortened season) points in the last 3 seasons alone. Especially when he's rumoured to be on the cheap. Is he exactly what we need? Probably not. He's not big and he's not a prolific goal scorer. However, he will instantly be our most proven dynamic offensive weapon.

I'd love to get Laine but that may be a pipe dream. Gaudreau would be a much more realistic option and with a good playmaking centre I think he could really help our offence.

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I’d be all in for a Domi+ package. Pretty sure Calgary will be wanting Gallagher in return.

Flames are looking to address the following:

-skilled guy with more sandpaper and doesn’t play around the perimeter (the biggest complaint about Gaudreau).

-team speed (which would be reduced if giving up Gaudreau)

-goaltending

From that I’d say Gallagher is the closest match, but Domi, Byron or Lekhonan and a pick or Poehling type prospect might get it done. Danault is another guy they’d probably have interest in.

of course they’d have interest in KK, Suzuki from the lineup and prospects like Caufield or Romanov, but I’d hang up as soon as those names come up.

if we weren’t in flat and potentially reduced cap going forward, I’m pretty sure they’d have interest in Price - it’s been a  revolving door since Kipper.

i know the talking heads on the radio have talked about moving both Gaudreau and Monohan, as both are seen as not being able to raise the intensity in the playoffs.  I wonder if a Domi-Danault-Drouin, or Gallagher-Domi would be a potential for a bigger move.

10 hours ago, tomh009 said:

You did say "If the Habs can stop getting their first draft picks wrong", and I think they have done so -- and, yes, there were some bad years further back. But recently we have had only one top-5 pick and and two top-10 picks, so we can't expect a lot of all-stars in the mix.

Later rounds, yeah, every team wants to pick a Weber in the second or third round (we did pick Subban in the second, much further back in time) but those are low-percentage picks and the likelihood of picking an all-star is quite small. Once in a while someone does get lucky, though.

Point taken, I stand corrected :halm: Go Habs Go :halm:

• Like 1

Forget sending Gallagher the other way when acquiring Gaudreau.

Danault + = 👌

6 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

You guys are mad for wanting to trade Danault and throwing Suzuki or KK  in the fire against other top lines that early in their career.

I would be completely fine with trading Danault, and that’s way before the Gaudreau rumours. I don’t think there’s much of a “you guys” though as there aren’t an overbearing amount of people who “would be fine with” Danault being traded.

Jordan Greenway, Casey Mittlestade, Josh Anderson, Jack Roslovic are 4 names SI tossed out as potential players in deals for Domi?

I dont know any of these guys, would any be a good fit? 

Greenway is huge, but can he skate?

Does anyone think that Toronto would be interested in bringing home another Domi. That might be a popular move. 

I think Toronto regrets letting Kadri go since he's the type of gritty hard working, skilled player they're lacking. Max is that kind of player. 

Would Max Domi + get it done for a Nylander? 

I think the two teams would make a trade like that if they were both getting value. 

31 minutes ago, DON said:

Jordan Greenway, Casey Mittlestade, Josh Anderson, Jack Roslovic are 4 names SI tossed out as potential players in deals for Domi?

I dont know any of these guys, would any be a good fit? 

Greenway is huge, but can he skate?

No, No, No, and No. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, REV-G said:

Does anyone think that Toronto would be interested in bringing home another Domi. That might be a popular move. 

I think Toronto regrets letting Kadri go since he's the type of gritty hard working, skilled player they're lacking. Max is that kind of player. 

Would Max Domi + get it done for a Nylander? 

I think the two teams would make a trade like that if they were both getting value. 

I've been drumming that tune on this forum: I believe so.

But it would take more than that. I think Domi + Mete for Nylander and a bad contract would work

7 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I would rather sit out this bidding war and focus on getting scoring help up front.

So would I, but is besides the point of my questions.

I doubt Habs will offer huge deal, but Krug and Weber or Petry would be an upgrade for sure.

And $$/term, i dont know have a clue what he is worth in CoVid and flat cap days?

He is 29, so is a 7 year deal what he is hoping for?