Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Similar ice time (when looking at the last four seasons for Byron ... two healthy, two not ... versus 2019/20 in TO for kerfoot)

Similar salary ($3.4 for PB versus $3.5 Kerfoot)

Kerfoot heavier,  fairly certain Byron is faster 

Byron a slightly better scorer (19.5 vs 15.8 per 82)

Big difference is that Kerfoot is 5 yrs younger

I am asking because I proposed a trade to take on Kerfoot’s “bad contract” but realized after he has similar stats to Byron

I really don’t know how to get the scoring power RW I think we need 

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

all of a sudden 31 means semi retired... he's 31 and one of arguably the top 15 speedsters in hockey. I'm pretty sure he's got more in the tank.

He's not pining for the fjords quite yet, no. But if we're building this team based on youth, and Gallagher is considered tradeable, at 28, then Byron at 31 is not an obvious keeper, either. At least if the deal is right otherwise.

4 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I am asking because I proposed a trade to take on Kerfoot’s “bad contract” but realized after he has similar stats to Byron

I really don’t know how to get the scoring power RW I think we need 

Well you can look at team's ready to make changes to their core after years of early playoff exits, or other middle of the pack team's that what to make changes. So I think those team's would be

Calgary 

Edmonton 

Toronto 

Minnesota 

San Jose 

Florida 

Arizona 

Pittsburgh 

Buffalo 

New Jersey 

Nashville 

Jets 

Ducks

I think these are the team's who will try and make changes and would take on a guy like Domi or even a package deal like a Domi/Byron.

Kings 

Detroit 

Ottawa 

I think are rebuilding so won't take on salary but more draft picks and prospects,

I would take Arizona out because I don't think they would want Domi back and I would take the leaf's and Jets out as I think they're looking for top line D and not a guy like Domi. Calgary is going to land hall so I don't think They would want Domi.

So the team's that might be interested in a trade with us  for Domi and/or Byron  i think are

Ducks 

Minnesota 

San Jose 

Edmonton 

Buffalo 

New jersey 

Nashville 

Florida 

Pittsburgh 

These team's would be a good  starting point to see what kind of trade We could work out.

One idea I was thinking was a trade with Boston " I know will never happen " but I was thinking this 

To Boston 

Domi + a 4th turns into a 3rd if we resign  Krug.

To habs

Rights to Krug + Ritchie 

Ritchie could turn into Bergevin favorite low risk high reward type of deal.

11 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

One idea I was thinking was a trade with Boston " I know will never happen " but I was thinking this 

To Boston 

To habs

Rights to Krug + Ritchie 

Feb 2001 Patrick Traverse-  was last trade between Habs-Bruins. So you are correct it aint happening

14 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

all of a sudden 31 means semi retired... he's 31 and one of arguably the top 15 speedsters in hockey. I'm pretty sure he's got more in the tank.

Never meant to imply he was finished ... don't think he is ... and that is why he has trade value (IMO) ... I am specifically saying not to trade him just to "get rid of him" ... but at 31, with his recent injury issues, he may already be in the year too late category for trade value ... if he has a down, or another injury plagued, season in 20/21 it likely would be a year (or two) too late ... so if he can be part of an upgrade process, time to do it.

A year too soon instead of a year too late is a "cruel" philosophy but as long as the trades are made well it is how excellence is maintained ... or in the case of this team at this time, hopefully how excellence is approached.

12 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

... One idea I was thinking was a trade with Boston " I know will never happen " but I was thinking this 

To Boston 

To habs

Rights to Krug + Ritchie 

21 minutes ago, Commandant said:

You are giving up Domi for the rights to a UFA player?

That's F'ing Insane. 

Not certain I would say insane, but can't support it ... disregarding the "likely to happen" aspect, Domi is way too much to give up for negotiating rights ... and don't think either of Boston's Ritchies has much value ... both are pending RFAs ... Brett, 27, 35g in 286 games ... Nick, 24, 44g in 294 games ... neither has much upside from what I can see.

A 4th becoming a 3rd might be light for a top-end defenceman's negotiation rights ... most I would offer is a 4th that adds a 2020 2nd if signed before the draft or adds a 2021 3rd if signed after.

13 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

So the team's that might be interested in a trade with us  for Domi and/or Byron  i think are

Ducks 

Minnesota 

San Jose 

Edmonton 

Buffalo 

New jersey 

Nashville 

Florida 

Pittsburgh 

These team's would be a good  starting point to see what kind of trade We could work out.

Ok, if I add some data to this to take a look together:

1. Let's re-order by projected cap space from worst to best

2. Lets add some notes about first and second round draft picks in 2020

3. And let's add some color for drama ;)

image.png

Thoughts? For example:

1. who is their current 3rd line C that Domi could replace?

2.  Who is their worse "Bad Contract" that the Habs could take to help them with the Cap?

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Ok, if I add some data to this to take a look together:

1. Let's re-order by projected cap space from worst to best

2. Lets add some notes about first and second round draft picks in 2020

3. And let's add some color for drama ;)

image.png

Thoughts? For example:

1. who is their current 3rd line C that Domi could replace?

2.  Who is their worse "Bad Contract" that the Habs could take to help them with the Cap?

Playing along ... 

1. To get a worthwhile return a team would have to want Domi as a 2C or a top 6 winger (e.g., Edmonton needs wingers ... Draisaitl & McDavid scored 8 of their 15 goals in the play-in ... even if he sees himself as a centre doubt Domi would object to playing with either of those guys) ... 

2. their worst contracts, ignoring NMC/NTC, are (IMO):

FLA: Bobrovsky (so never mind)
         Yandle (34 yrs old, 3 yrs@$6.35M) ... still a PP force (2g, 19a in 69 gm) so MAYBE for the right compensation ... take Alzner and then talk

EDM: Larson/Russell ... @$4.167/$4M for one season, maybe Mete for one of them plus Broberg

SJS: Vlasic (33 yrs old, 6yrs@$7M) ...  no thanks

PIT: Kris Letang (33 yrs old, RHD, 2yrs@$7.25M) ... don't see a fit for role or "payoff" ... 

BUF: Don't see a contract they would pay to get rid of ... OR ... that is useful to the Habs in a reduced value trade

NSH: Turris (4 yrs @ $6M)
           Duchene was a first year disappointment, but SIX more years at $8M is too much for a career 25g/82gms scorer
           Johansen (5yrs@$8M) ... has average 16g/82gms since joining NHS
            NSH couldn't give me enough to take on those deals ... well, maybe Ekholm or Forsberg ffor Turris, if tbhey take back Alzner 
            HOW is Poile still the GM?

ANA: Getzlaf ... and his is a NMC that IMO can't be ignored

MIN: Rask (2yrs@$4M) ...
          Maybe Domi for Dumba and Rask? ... Would mean Petry or Weber being dealt (Dumba not better than either but depending on that return the TEAM could be upgraded)

NJD: PK Subban (31 yrs-old, 2yrs@$9M) ... MB unlikley to do ... ***IF*** he would ... maybe Alzner for PK and ??????

Overall problem is that unless that "bad contract" is just an overpaid but legit top 9F/top 4D then it doesn't fit the Habs apparent need to win now, not rebuild

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

That's F'ing Insane. 

I am giving up domi for the chance to sign Krug before anyone else which we could also give him a extra year (8 instead of 7) on a long-term max deal. and not end up in a bidding war to lose out last minute and end up missing out on a top D. 

32 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

I am giving up domi for the chance to sign Krug before anyone else which we could also give him a extra year (8 instead of 7) on a long-term max deal. and not end up in a bidding war to lose out last minute and end up missing out on a top D. 

My concern is that neither Ritchie (Nick or Brett) would have any significant value for the Habs so you risk giving up Domi for almost nothing ... and, in any case, the Bruins 1C-3C are fairly well set (alphabetically: Bergeron, Coyle and Krejci) so seems unlikely the BBs would go for a player that doesn't want to play wing

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

That's F'ing Insane. 

As a straight trade, you are absolutely right.  A top-6 forward RFA for a top-4 defenceman UFA is insane. I would imaging a trade like that would be on the back of a pre-negotiated deal with Krug.  So that 4th would just be a 3rd.

No reason to trade Domi for Krug.. if he wants to sign in Montreal he can without losing an asset.

Is Winnipeg moving Laine?

Is Florida moving Huberdeau?

Is Calgary moving Gaudreau?

Is St. Louis moving Tarasenko?

We should be looking for a big fish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

No reason to trade Domi for Krug.. if he wants to sign in Montreal he can without losing an asset.

Like everyone on your list to target except Tarasenko. Lots of questions about his health right now.  Everyone Of the players would cost a lot more than Domi.

Winnipeg is not moving Laine without getting a top dman back And Florida is looking to cut salary.

48 minutes ago, Commandant said:

We should also be looking for a goal scorer on the wing instead of a dman. 

Do Sabres have any good wingers that would be a upgrade & good fit?

20 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

To Boston 

To habs

Rights to Krug + Ritchie 

4 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

Bergevin: "Hey Torey, would you like to play for the Habs?"

Krug: "No."

For that conversation (and that's almost certainly how it would go), you're willing to give up Domi?  The 4th that turns into a 3rd if he signs is about fair value to get the negotiating rights (which are meaningful given that there isn't an interview period anymore) but you don't need to toss Domi in there.  And eight years for him would be a huge mistake.  If the bidding war gets to that, I want the Habs nowhere near it.  If you want Nick Ritchie, a guy who was brutal for Boston after they got him, you could probably get him for a mid-round pick or comparable prospect.  If it's Brett Ritchie you want, he'll be non-tendered next month and available for free after spending part of the season in the minors.  There are trade options that make sense for Domi (and the division rival thing notwithstanding, they would make sense as a fit) but this isn't one of them.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DON said:

Do Sabres have any good wingers that would be a upgrade & good fit?

Skinner is probably the only one and he has 7 years at $9M AAV ... no thanks ... he has a NMC in any event

6 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

So not a 5th  not a 4th, not a 3rd, not a 2nd...

Max Domi for the right to negotiate with Krug... who could in fact consider the Habs his eternal rival.

On top of that you want him on a long term max deal? AM I reading this right?

Reading this thread makes me think we are sometimes too hard on MB when he does not trade to fill roster holes.

we cannot come up with a few trade options we can agree on

I agree ... it's not that easy to get a clear win. Bad trades are much easier though!

How about some RFA options:

• Barzal (NYI): rumoured to be looking for a move. He's a centre but maybe we can work with that. 60 points/year.
  • Reinhart (BUF): could be an offer sheet option. 50 points/year. But is he really an upgrade over Domi?
  • Bertuzzi (DET): Detroit has more RFAs than they can count. Almost 50 points/year.
  • Mantha (DET): I like Mantha better than Bertuzzi. Would Detroit match an offer sheet?

6 hours ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

I like those names except for Tarasenko.  I wonder how much truth there is to the rumours that the Habs are talking to the Jets about Laine? That would be a huge upgrade up front. Obviously I think it would be very expensive to get Laine out of Winnipeg...probably something like Domi, Romanov and a very high pick (2nd round pick, maybe even a first round pick). What do y'all think?  I also Like Huberdeau...it's just that he's already 27 years old...we would only be getting 5-6 "good" years out of him!

32 minutes ago, Habsfan said:

I like those names except for Tarasenko.  I wonder how much truth there is to the rumours that the Habs are talking to the Jets about Laine? That would be a huge upgrade up front. Obviously I think it would be very expensive to get Laine out of Winnipeg...probably something like Domi, Romanov and a very high pick (2nd round pick, maybe even a first round pick).

I like the Laine idea. But I think the probability of that actually happening is pretty low, so I'm not holding my breath.

19 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

I'd give them a 2nd pick for that.  Not Domi.