Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

1 hour ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I saw a poll result just now that has it as roughly a 66.x% vs 33.x%, or 2 to 1 in favour of keeping Danault over Domi. It’s good to see that at least 33% of the people agree with my side. 

I already know the all round capabilities of Danault, but Domi’s offensive potential is “potentially” the best out of any Hab. 

It’s easy to forget all that with the way this year and in particular the playoffs went, but when Domi continues to electrify next season, I’ll continue to feel the way I do now. Electrify and Danault will never be two words I will use in the same sentence. 

That is an interesting position xXx..CK..xXx

<goofing around> :nuts: Electrifying like in getting attacked by an eel? Or electrified like kissing your sweetheart? :nuts: <goofing around>

The way I see the team. I want the Danault line to be kept intact until the trade deadline next season, and I want the Habs to get a scoring UFA winger like Dadonov or Hoffman (not adding Hall/Laine because I doubt they sign here) to play with Suzuki on the second line. I want on of Suzuki or Kotkaniemi to earn Danault's ice time

Once they get to the trade deadline, I am ok in moving pieces to get ready for the expansion draft (if sellers) or bringing pieces for a run (if buyers).

3 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I saw a poll result just now that has it as roughly a 66.x% vs 33.x%, or 2 to 1 in favour of keeping Danault over Domi. It’s good to see that at least 33% of the people agree with my side. 

I already know the all round capabilities of Danault, but Domi’s offensive potential is “potentially” the best out of any Hab. 

It’s easy to forget all that with the way this year and in particular the playoffs went, but when Domi continues to electrify next season, I’ll continue to feel the way I do now. Electrify and Danault will never be two words I will use in the same sentence. 

If Danault + asset gets you Laine and Domi +asset gets you Ehlers.  Assuming the other asset is the same or comparable, would your answer be the same?

I don’t think it’s a question of who’s seen as the better player, the question is how much better of a return does Danault bring vs Domi.  Now I know if Winnipeg moves those two players, at least one will be moved for a top dman, so neither scenario is likely, but just making that point that while I like Danault better than Domi and I like Ehlers as a return for Domi, I like Laine more.  

51 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

If Danault + asset gets you Laine and Domi +asset gets you Ehlers.  Assuming the other asset is the same or comparable, would your answer be the same?

I don’t think it’s a question of who’s seen as the better player, the question is how much better of a return does Danault bring vs Domi.  Now I know if Winnipeg moves those two players, at least one will be moved for a top dman, so neither scenario is likely, but just making that point that while I like Danault better than Domi and I like Ehlers as a return for Domi, I like Laine more.  

I agree with jets wanting a D in any trade for Laine. That being said I am not sold on him and wouldn't trade for him.

I see Anaheim as an interesting trade partner. They got 2 LD in Fowler and Lindholm. Lindholm has 2 years left with Fowler on his new 6 year contract. So they might be willing to trade Lindholm since his contract is coming up in 2 years time. Domi would help give them more offense. BACKES Contract is up after next year and so is Getzlaf, so if they're playing on going younger Domi would be a good pick up for them.

Domi and Lindholm trade could work out for both teams.

If Mete gets traded he at least will have support ...

Not a huge fan of the him on the ice but sincere congratulations to the man ... nice that he seemed to pull of  bit of a surprise proposal ... better that she said yes

48 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Not a huge fan of the him on the ice but sincere congratulations to the man ... nice that he seemed to pull of  bit of a surprise proposal ... better that she said yes

If we are judging him based purely on proposals, we need to trade him asap. Obviously he is a good kid though taking the leap at his age and status. Might need some advanced stats on this to understand more. I do know his hair style per 60 is off the charts, but I need more in depth analysis 

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

I think it's between him and kulak on who will be traded. To be honest I think it could be kulak since his trade value his higher and has 2 years left on a his contract. Mete is still young and a RFA.

21 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Danault is a 50 point guy. 

Domi has one season at 70 points.... one.... but that seems an aberration. 

Even if its true though... the 20 point difference is easily made up in the fact that danault is elite all around, and domi is bad defensively.   

10 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Even if its true though... the 20 point difference is easily made up in the fact that danault is elite all around, and domi is bad defensively.   

One is french and one isnt, likely will play a factor as well.

Who has more trade value, Danault?

1 minute ago, DON said:

One is french and one isnt, likely will play a factor as well.

Who has more trade value, Danault?

Danault was 5th in Selke voting.  Teams know what they are getting. 

Yes he has more value, but its cause he's the better player. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Yes, I love that comment!

who cares about trade value if you’re leaving the team worse off.

Danault is far away the better player and a core piece of the team.

Can’t believe there is even debate about who to move.

Danault needs to insulate Suzuki and KK for at least two more seasons.

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Could Habs get a high scoring winger for Danault-Mete or Kulak-& pick package?

What would Domi, d-man and pick get for return? Enough?

What is more important to Habs at present; a checking centre or adding a high scoring winger upgrade?

(Really dont think Danualt is going anywhere, unless his comments do influence MB's decisions?).

1 hour ago, DON said:

Could Habs get a high scoring winger for Danault-Mete or Kulak-& pick package?

What would Domi, d-man and pick get for return? Enough?

What is more important to Habs at present; a checking centre or adding a high scoring winger upgrade?

(Really dont think Danualt is going anywhere, unless his comments do influence MB's decisions?).

I agree about danault but his comments will kick start other GM's to give Bergevin a call see ask about  Danault. I think Bergevin will listen to offers but unless one is too good to pass up on then I don't see him going anywhere either.

I think Domi/Kulak and a top end  prospect or top end pick (1st or 2nd) can land us a top scoring winger.

Mete has little trade value unless it's to a team rebuilding and looking for a young D to develop until they become contenders. But to a playoff team or bubble team he's a 6/7 D with upside.

2 hours ago, hockeyrealist said:

Yes, I love that comment!

who cares about trade value if you’re leaving the team worse off.

Danault is far away the better player and a core piece of the team.

Can’t believe there is even debate about who to move.

Danault needs to insulate Suzuki and KK for at least two more seasons.

The fact that there’s even a conversation, albeit not by everyone, that there’s even the possibility that Suzuki would supplant Danault on the 1st line by next season, says more about Danault than Suzuki in my opinion. 

The team, in general, needs more offense. Danault is, or has been, a 1st line center and has 1 career playoff goal. That’s not good enough. Keep him on the third line all you want, but then I don’t know why we would be crying about the possibility of losing him. 

I don’t agree that Danault is by far and a way the better player and I say that all the while being aware how good his stats can be 5 on 5, in addition to his all around game.

There is a reason Domi would be selected above Danault in any fantasy draft, and it’s because of offense. He also does bring grit,

can get under the opponent’s skin and is willing to drop the gloves, which means offense is not the only thing he brings to a team. 

Most people look at the players, see where they are in the lineup (Danault 1st line C) (Domi 2 or 3rd line wing, or 4th line center) and judge them in that way. That’s fine and there’s nothing wrong with that. I see two players, one of which is playing higher in the lineup than they should be, and the other who in the playoffs was playing lower in the lineup than they should be. 

There’s no question in my mind that Danault’s numbers have been inflated playing on the first line. Domi had 3 less points Last year in the same amount of games but was not playing on the first line. He would have had 50+ in 71 games with Tatar and Gallagher. 

I say all this while knowing and understanding that I am in the minority. But I am not going to simply overlook Domi’s 72 point season and call it an aberration just for the sake of doing so. I am willing to let the future play itself out, and if Domi is on the team next year, I am confident he will have an oustanding year like he did 2 years ago. Danault, I can pencil in for 55 points next year, knowing there’s no way he’ll ever do more than that offensively. Domi, as long as he can put the puck in the net as well, easily has that 55-75 point potential. I am not so sure how it’s clear as day that player 1 is far superior to player 2 when looked at in that way. 

• Like 1

Danault's numbers have not been "inflated"... they are the same numbers at 5v5 that Bergeron, OReilly, Tavares and numerous other forwards are getting, and those guys play with high quality wingers. 

He's not a 3rd line centre.  Not at 5v5.   He's legit one of the best defensive centres in the NHL, and is 14th in the league in Pts/60 at 5v5.  That's not a 3rd liner, regardless of who his wingers are. 

And the world isn't about fantasy drafts... its about scoring more goals than your opponent.  That means both scoring and preventing goals, and when you look at that Danault is flat out better than Domi.   There is a reason he gets the minutes he does. 

He's also going to be much better at insulating against any mistakes that 20 and 21 year old centres will make next year.  Having Danault to play against top lines is the value here while you develop the kids. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Commandant said:

He's also going to be much better at insulating against any mistakes that 20 and 21 year old centres will make next year.  Having Danault to play against top lines is the value here while you develop the kids. 

This.

IMO,    Having Danault on the team to ease up Suzuki and KK  +  the return of a package that includes Domi >>>   Having Domi on the team  +  the return of a package that includes Danault

29 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

IMO,    Having Danault on the team to ease up Suzuki and KK  +  the return of a package that includes Domi >>>   Having Domi on the team  +  the return of a package that includes Danault

And if Danault decides to test free market after the upcoming season and walks for nothing?

Any word if MB and his agent have had discussions about extension or what Danault may be looking for in a raise?

18 minutes ago, DON said:

And if Danault decides to test free market after the upcoming season and walks for nothing?

Any word if MB and his agent have had discussions about extension or what Danault may be looking for in a raise?

In that case we got at least one more good year of Danault making it easier on the kids

21 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

The fact that there’s even a conversation, albeit not by everyone, that there’s even the possibility that Suzuki would supplant Danault on the 1st line by next season, says more about Danault than Suzuki in my opinion. 

The team, in general, needs more offense. Danault is, or has been, a 1st line center and has 1 career playoff goal. That’s not good enough. Keep him on the third line all you want, but then I don’t know why we would be crying about the possibility of losing him. 

I don’t agree that Danault is by far and a way the better player and I say that all the while being aware how good his stats can be 5 on 5, in addition to his all around game.

There is a reason Domi would be selected above Danault in any fantasy draft, and it’s because of offense. He also does bring grit,

can get under the opponent’s skin and is willing to drop the gloves, which means offense is not the only thing he brings to a team. 

Most people look at the players, see where they are in the lineup (Danault 1st line C) (Domi 2 or 3rd line wing, or 4th line center) and judge them in that way. That’s fine and there’s nothing wrong with that. I see two players, one of which is playing higher in the lineup than they should be, and the other who in the playoffs was playing lower in the lineup than they should be. 

There’s no question in my mind that Danault’s numbers have been inflated playing on the first line. Domi had 3 less points Last year in the same amount of games but was not playing on the first line. He would have had 50+ in 71 games with Tatar and Gallagher. 

I say all this while knowing and understanding that I am in the minority. But I am not going to simply overlook Domi’s 72 point season and call it an aberration just for the sake of doing so. I am willing to let the future play itself out, and if Domi is on the team next year, I am confident he will have an oustanding year like he did 2 years ago. Danault, I can pencil in for 55 points next year, knowing there’s no way he’ll ever do more than that offensively. Domi, as long as he can put the puck in the net as well, easily has that 55-75 point potential. I am not so sure how it’s clear as day that player 1 is far superior to player 2 when looked at in that way. 

The fact that you mention fantasy hockey is ridiculous.

And Domi’s 70 point season is an aberration from the mean, which is based on multiple years in the league.  Perhaps he’d get more points than Danault of playing as 1C but guaranteed he’d be a defensive black hole when matched against the studs that Danault and co manage to hold at bay while winning the matchups.

Danault is not perfect but far better suited than Domi.

2 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

This.

This hits the proverbial nail on the head.

1 hour ago, DON said:

1 hour ago, Meller93 said:

In that case we got at least one more good year of Danault making it easier on the kids

Agreed

12 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:

The fact that you mention fantasy hockey is ridiculous.

And Domi’s 70 point season is an aberration from the mean, which is based on multiple years in the league.  Perhaps he’d get more points than Danault of playing as 1C but guaranteed he’d be a defensive black hole when matched against the studs that Danault and co manage to hold at bay while winning the matchups.

Danault is not perfect but far better suited than Domi.

It’s easy to attack the fantasy point and I expected that but it is not ridiculous to state that the average fan picks Domi higher than Danault. Therefore, it is not true that Danault is “far and away the better player” as you falsely concluded, even if it would be true that he is a better player overall.

It’s like the +\- stat. The debate against it looks weak when the person that states +\- is the most useless stat completely overlooks the context it’s being used. There are times where the stat can be relevant. 

I am confident Domi will end up having a better career than Danault. I guess we will just have to let that play out. 

Just now, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I am confident Domi will end up with a better career than Danault. I guess we will just have to let that play out. 

Can you make that your tag-line/signature?  It will be fun to follow their career and see if you are have super-powers or if you are merely human :)

10 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

It’s easy to attack the fantasy point and I expected that but it is not ridiculous to state that the average fan picks Domi higher than Danault. Therefore, it is not true that Danault is “far and away the better player” as you falsely concluded, even if it would be true that he is a better player overall ...

Perhaps not ridiculous ... but where the average fantasy fan picks Domi or Danault is not IMO relevant to making the Habs better on the ice ... 

Let’s get over the fantasy bit.

The point is that Domi is offensively better than Danault. 

Domi career 55 ppg 👌

Danault career 42 ppg 😶

Based on those numbers alone, who should be more deserving of playing top line minutes? 

Everyone loves Danault. That’s fine. But the Habs are a better team when our first line center is someone of Suzuki’s offensive potential rather than Danault’s. I want offense from my first line. It’s very simple. 

If Danault is a regular on the third or second line, you won’t hear me complaining. You’ll only hear him. If that type of thing is going to hinder his future vision with the club, he can be shown the door, and hopefully for something in return. I certainly am tired of him being our first line center and based on our results the past few seasons, everyone else should be as well. I would be more than happy to face any team in the NHL in a playoff series who has Philippe Danault as their first line center. 

• Upvote 1

I wholeheartedly agree that at this moment I time Danault is more valuable to us than Domi.  For not other reason than, as Commandant pointed out, to insulate our up and coming centres.  Thanks not saying long term Domi wouldn’t be better once Suzuki and Kotkineime(I butchered the spelling) develope further.  Having to choose one or the other right now, it would be Danault.

That all being said, Danault is basically Plekanec.  He will be, at best, a 2nd line center on a good team, but more likely a really good 3rd line shutdown guy.  It’s fine if he believes he’s a 1st line guy, because on this team at this moment he is.  He’s still basically Plekanec.