Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

2 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

It’s easy to attack the fantasy point and I expected that but it is not ridiculous to state that the average fan picks Domi higher than Danault. Therefore, it is not true that Danault is “far and away the better player” as you falsely concluded, even if it would be true that he is a better player overall.

It’s like the +\- stat. The debate against it looks weak when the person that states +\- is the most useless stat completely overlooks the context it’s being used. There are times where the stat can be relevant. 

I am confident Domi will end up having a better career than Danault. I guess we will just have to let that play out. 

I don't care what average fans think.   

Sam Pollock said if you listen to what the fans think, soon you will be sitting with them. 

2 hours ago, hockeyrealist said:

This hits the proverbial nail on the head.

Again. Depends on what you get for Danault.

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Ristolainen is terrible.  Thats a massive overpayment for a shit player.

Last 6  years average 35+pts a game on bad buffalo team's , He isn't shit . if you don't like the guy that's your entitlement, but don't call the guy shit because you don't like him .

2 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

What would it take to get RISTOLAINEN from buffalo? Maybe 

To buffalo 

1st overall pick/2nd round pick/ Mete or Kulak

To habs

Ristolainen 

I think that would be a fare offer for him. Then we could look at trading Petry if we're not going to resign him.

I would have a hard time giving up a 2nd round pick for him.  He’s overplayed because the rest of the D either sucks or lacks experience.

14 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Last 6  years average 35+pts a game on bad buffalo team's , He isn't shit . if you don't like the guy that's your entitlement, but don't call the guy shit because you don't like him .

When you are getting that much ice time and are getting assists playing with Eichel, you should be getting more points.

To keep MB's streak going, here is a trade proposal:

To STL:

Domi ( < $4.5M/y), Ikonen  and the 2nd Round Pick we got fromSTL

To MTL:

Tarasenko ($7.5M/y) and Klim Kostin

Montreal gambles that Tarasenko can find his health and become a top winger for the Habs, they get a promising prospect to hedge the risk

St-Louis gets cap relief, a good point producing center and take a gamble on a prospect with a history of injuries like Tarasenko. STL also gets a draft pick back

9 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

I dont care how many points he scores when his defensive game is a tire fire.

Hes shit.

And ill say what i want to say, thank you very much.  If you dont like it, ignore me.

Who's defensive game isn't a tire fire on Buffalo the last half decade or so?

Thats the real question? 

Its a mighty tough position to be put in... anchoring arguably the worst team in hockey over the last 6 seasons is all im saying.

12 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

What would it take to get RISTOLAINEN from buffalo? Maybe 

To buffalo 

1st overall pick/2nd round pick/ Mete or Kulak

To habs

Ristolainen 

I think that would be a fare offer for him. Then we could look at trading Petry if we're not going to resign him.

We are resigning Petry.

If any more d-changes this off-season are made it will be subtraction only.

41 minutes ago, DON said:

We are resigning Petry.

If any more d-changes this off-season are made it will be subtraction only.

I agree about the D changes I think he is done.  The left side is full right now with the addition of Romanov and Edmundson, so any moves now will be to address the scoring issue and power play issue. But I do love the fact that he is addressing our team needs this off season and not just standing pack.

13 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Just read Kessel is on the block with 2 years @5mil per left

i know he has attitude issues and his defence is suspect, but a Domi + picks to get him for 2 years may be worth it if Arizona will have Domi back.

Kessel had his worst scoring season in a decade ... 0.5 goals/60 after years of at least .7 and usually 1+

Even if that was due to weak support I would steer away from him ... at 32 he may not have much of a bounce back left

11 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

i know he has attitude issues and his defence is suspect, but a Domi + picks to get him for 2 years may be worth it if Arizona will have Domi back.

He has no motivation to play hard, he won't last in Montreal once fans are let back into live sporting events. He has his cup's and big money contract, he seem like he's just wants to play out his contract.

1 hour ago, TurdBurglar said:

Pretty sure Domi straight up is an overpayment at this point in his career...

The Oilers are seeking to move Athanasiou before he is due a $3 million qualifying offer by Oct. 7 at 5 p.m. ET – a minimum price that Edmonton cannot afford to pay.  - Frank Seravalli

Much like his 18/19 "twin" Max Domi (72 points) I don't think Athanasiou is likely to repeat his 30 goal season ... Max may a better chance of coming close to his 18/19 production, but at $3M-ish Andreas is value as a 20 goal scorer (NHL average per 82 games outside 18/19) ... 54 of the 75 players who scored 17-23 goals (20+/- 3 goals) last season made over 3 million ... 49 of them made more than $3.5M ... He can play any forward position and I could see him as a 3rd line RW ... I'd offer Hudon, Weal and a 4th and see where it goes ... offer reflects their want to move him.

I'd rather let Edmonton non-tender him and then sign him as a free agent without being tethered to a $3M offer.  I don't think he'd get that on the open market with how much he struggled last season and the more than justified concerns about his willingness to compete outside of the offensive zone.

9 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

I agree about the D changes I think he is done.  The left side is full right now with the addition of Romanov and Edmundson, so any moves now will be to address the scoring issue and power play issue. But I do love the fact that he is addressing our team needs this off season and not just standing pack.

Totally agree, looks like the left side defence is good, we have a quality back up goaltender, kids are progressing well at centre, need a scoring winger. 

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

The Oilers are seeking to move Athanasiou before he is due a $3 million qualifying offer by Oct. 7 at 5 p.m. ET – a minimum price that Edmonton cannot afford to pay.  - Frank Seravalli

Much like his 18/19 "twin" Max Domi (72 points) I don't think Athanasiou is likely to repeat his 30 goal season ... Max may a better chance of coming close to his 18/19 production, but at $3M-ish Andreas is value as a 20 goal scorer (NHL average per 82 games outside 18/19) ... 54 of the 75 players who scored 17-23 goals (20+/- 3 goals) last season made over 3 million ... 49 of them made more than $3.5M ... He can play any forward position and I could see him as a 3rd line RW ... I'd offer Hudon, Weal and a 4th and see where it goes ... offer reflects their want to move him.

Do we really need more third-line wingers? I would focus on impact wingers, and adding one of those may well take care of the third line, too (depending on the trade).

Is Puljujarvi capable of scoring 30? What's his ceiling? Armia was on pace for 24, I really would like to see someone with potential to do something significantly more. And he would not have a major cap space impact. What Edmonton wants for him at this point is a different question, though.

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Do we really need more third-line wingers? I would focus on impact wingers, and adding one of those may well take care of the third line, too (depending on the trade).

Is Puljujarvi capable of scoring 30? What's his ceiling? Armia was on pace for 24, I really would like to see someone with potential to do something significantly more. And he would not have a major cap space impact. What Edmonton wants for him at this point is a different question, though.

Puljujarvi is the only winger I’d want from Edmonton.  I wonder if the following deal would work both sides:

Montreal gives up:

1.Domi - gives them centre depth/winger flexibility and grit

2. either budget D (Mete. Kulak) OR Byron to help address Edmonton’s need for speedy, secondary scoring:penalty killing wingers 

3. 1st round pick

In return from Edmonton:

1. Puljujarvi - could address need of scoring winger if he pans out

2. either Bouchard/Broberg

3. lavoie

4. Neal - salary dump that we could expose in the expansion draft, depending on his NTC status 

neal and Puljujarvi would be guys that can contribute on the wing for us next year and Puljujarvi may thrive playing with KK.  The others are at least a year away, but would not need to be protected in the expansion draft. 

thats a lot of prospects for Edmonton to give up, but they are one of the teams that had a very disappointing playoffs and may want to depth experience and dump Neal’s salary who’s play dropped off during the year.

10 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Our 3rd line winger's are more 4th line winger's. He would add depth and scoring to the line up. Plus his someone who can move up the line up if a top winger gets injured. 

1 hour ago, Habsfan89 said:

Our 3rd line winger's are more 4th line winger's. He would add depth and scoring to the line up. Plus his someone who can move up the line up if a top winger gets injured. 

Nope, not good enough to my liking

I would not settle for anything less than a second line winger that would make Armia an excellent 3rd line winger.

Why set the bar low when we want this time to become a cup contender?

• Like 1