Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

56 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Hagg has played fewer minutes each season of his career ... from 21:19 as a rookie to 18:08 to 16:57 to 15:36 to 14:27 this season ... don't see MB going after him

thanks for checking that. When I checked this year’s stats he seemed to be hovering around 20

probably got my stats confused with another player

I figures he could come in and be another Kulak for the Habs

Rhat is why I feel the 2nd round pick is too much

Edited by alfredoh2009

14 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

thanks for checking that. When I checked this year’s stats he seemed to be hovering around 20

probably got my stats confused with another player

I figures he could come in and be another Kulak for the Habs

Hagg is a stay-at-home defenceman who can hit people, hit more people, and, well, hit them again.  He has no offensive upside to speak of and his defensive limitations put him as a third-pairing player.  With the physicality they already have on the back end, adding someone like him feels a bit redundant as he plays a completely different style than Kulak. 

On 4/5/2021 at 4:02 PM, Commandant said:

Yeah, Hagg is just a worse version of Chiarot and Edmundson. 

We need more of a puck mover. 

I think Ryan Murray might be worth a shot.

Murray is an interesting option ... he has missed a lot of games throughout his career ... when healthy he has been productive ... can he handle playing 5-on-5 minutes with Weber ... on the plus size, he has played a lot of PK throughout his career, so they could potentially stay together there ... Edmondson on the 3rd pairing with Romanov (or Chiarot potentially) would certainly be an upgrade

I think one of either these 2 guys could help out on that left side and both have a manageable cap hit BUTCHER or VATANEN. NJ looks like they're blowing things up so these guys could be had for draft picks which we have a lot of . Either one of them would improve that left side. 

Will Butcher is a frequent healthy scratch.  If he can't crack New Jersey's defence which is worse than Montreal, he's not helping Montreal's defence.  They couldn't give him away if they tried.  Vatanen as a third RD could be interesting although he's having a tough season.

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

Will Butcher is a frequent healthy scratch.  If he can't crack New Jersey's defence which is worse than Montreal, he's not helping Montreal's defence.  They couldn't give him away if they tried.  Vatanen as a third RD could be interesting although he's having a tough season.

Agreed, on both ... hopefully MB et al can separate the the player from the team ... Stall was having a tough season too (20+ games sans goal before the trade) ...

39 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Agreed, on both ... hopefully MB et al can separate the the player from the team ... Stall was having a tough season too (20+ games sans goal before the trade) ...

I think either one of these guys would benefit from a change of scenery.  When NJ was a wining team these guys were both good on the back end for them. 

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Butcher had a strong rookie season and fell off a cliff.  His issue is that he is a below average skater.  He's not a fit. 

Vatanen could play on the left side even though he's a RH shot.  He's one of the few RH shots who can play both sides (most guys who play both sides are lefties). 

1 hour ago, Habsfan89 said:

I think either one of these guys would benefit from a change of scenery.  When NJ was a wining team these guys were both good on the back end for them. 

Are you really advocating to add someone making $3.733M for next season in the hopes that a change of scenery can undo his poor performance over the past two seasons?  He had one good year, one decent one, and now two clunkers.  I can think of a better way of spending that money on next year's cap when money is going to be extremely tight as it is.  I'm sure he could use a change of scenery - I just don't think any sane GM would want to take the contract on to give it to him.

If you really want Butcher, wait for New Jersey to buy him out this summer as there's a good chance that's what they're heading for.

I'm still available. I'm very defensive, like to hit people and most of my friends and family find me very offensive. And as you may have suspected I'm cheap. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Toronthab said:

I'm still available. I'm very defensive, like to hit people and most of my friends and family find me very offensive. And as you may have suspected I'm cheap. 

glad to see you post’ing again 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toronthab said:

But ... do you still have rope? We were looking for that back in February!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tomh009 said:

But ... do you still have rope? We were looking for that back in February!

I do but I'm using it to tie myself up whenever I'm tempted to do gardening. Fortunately these are very rare attacks!

• Upvote 1

This is not my ideal choice, but come playoffs the Habs will need goal-scoring depth that Byron, Armia and Evans just don't provide the four lines of scoring potential the Habs will need to offset the absence of an elite goal scorer or two (and relying on Caufield to be that, at least this season, is not realistic) ... St Louis is rumoured to want Hall ($8M) ... Buffalo hopes to get a first for Hall

To Habs: Hoffman, St Louis 3rd rounder

To St. Louis: Hall ($4 million retained)

To Buffalo: Habs 1st rounder, Lehkonen ($2.4)

The deal is cap-neutral for the Blues, saves Sabres $1.6 in cap hit and adds $1.6 to the Habs.

Come playoffs, assuming CC will be with the team by then, it leaves the Habs with (shown alphabetically):

LW: Drouin, Hoffman, Tartar, Toffoli

C: Danault, KK, Staal, Suzuki

RW: Anderson, Caufield, Gallagher, Perry 

Extras: Byron, Armia, Evans

Just now, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I wonder if we could get Hall ourselves?

Hall at 50% retained for Armia and a conditional 2 that turns 1st if we make finals or resign him or something 

The first condition can be done but the second was outlawed in the CBA extension.  (Which is bad because Bergevin certainly did well with that one in the past...)

6 hours ago, dlbalr said:

The first condition can be done but the second was outlawed in the CBA extension.  (Which is bad because Bergevin certainly did well with that one in the past...)

Didn’t know about that rule but the rule does make sense. 

What about a trade for Radulov? 

Just now, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Didn’t know about that rule but the rule does make sense. 

What about a trade for Radulov? 

He has been injured for most of the year, is injured now, and has another year left at what has become an above-market rate.  I would be asking for a significant sweetener to consider taking him on for free.

24 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

He has been injured for most of the year, is injured now, and has another year left at what has become an above-market rate.  I would be asking for a significant sweetener to consider taking him on for free.

Too bad about that extra year; he could be fun veteran depth if it weren’t for that contract.

19 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Too bad about that extra year; he could be fun veteran depth if it weren’t for that contract.

For fun veteran depth, I would rather bring Markov back from retirement on a league-minimum contract!

On 3/16/2021 at 10:29 PM, alfredoh2009 said:

The secon trade I was thinking of is:

To Montreal: Oleksiak (left-D, #2.1M/1yr) to play with Weber and

To Dallas: 1st draft pick in 2021, Tampa's 2nd draft pick 2021, Lehkonen($2.4M/1yr) to clear cap room and Jordan Harris to entice them

This year, Dallas has not played many games due to the covid and show as being out of the playoffs, if they manage to play the games they are missing with a more compressed schedule they may catch up; it is more likely that it is a year to rebuild.

This trade sees them loosing a very good D, but it gives them an OK prospect in Harris, two good draft picks and a bottom 6 player that may still score 15-20 goals on a good year.

This trade would make the has a contender

updating this trade proposal for Lindell instead of Oleksiak

To Montreal: Lindell (left-D, #5.8M/5yr) to play with Weber and

To Dallas: 1st draft pick in 2021, Tampa's 2nd draft pick 2021, Drouin ($5.5M/3yr) to clear cap room and give Dallas some more Scoring

a depth D like Mete after he clears or Oulett, Olofsson could be added

Note that Lindell’s NMC starts next year

50 pints Drouin and mid-career should do well away from the Montreal media

Edited by alfredoh2009
Fixed name of MTL player traded