Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

2 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

updating this trade proposal for Lindell instead of Oleksiak

To Montreal: Lindell (left-D, #5.8M/5yr) to play with Weber and

To Dallas: 1st draft pick in 2021, Tampa's 2nd draft pick 2021, Lehkonen($5.5M/3yr) to clear cap room and give Dallas some more Scoring

a depth D like Mete after he clears or Oulett, Olofsson could be added

Note that Lindell’s NMC starts next year

Did you say to give Dallas some scoring?  Lehkonen? 

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

That should have been Drouin

Scoring?

;)

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Eichel is done in Buffalo, do we make a serious play for him?

interest will be heavy so probably high price and is his neck toast? 

Surly cost Caufield, Suzuki plus

"toast" seems harsh ... but a serious medical review will be a key part of any responsible trade by any trade ... of course with Eichel's former BU coach David Quinn fired today I expect Kevyn Adams to be calling him hoping it would make Jack happy and ready to stay ... on the other hand Eichel may just tell Quinn to stay as far away from the Sabres a possible.

15 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Any trade with habs and Eichel buffalo would have to eat a lot of his contract. I don't think habs can afford him at his full contract. 

And if their was ever an untouchable player on the habs it better be Caufield. 

I’d trade Caufield in a trade fir Eichal IF he didn’t have any health issues (but than I doubt if he was available, unless he really just wanted to get out Buffalo 😁

id still be willing to gamble a KK, 1st, and any young player/prospect not named Suzuki, but with his contract and unsure about his potential surgery and recovery (sounds promising based on Friedman’s piece that lists a  MMA fighter who had similar type of surgery). We already have $18M tied up on two aging guys and go have had injury issues. I wouldn’t want to add another $10m to that - we couldn’t afford to give the much needed upgrade our D either, unless Weber or Price were moved.

7 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Any trade with habs and Eichel buffalo would have to eat a lot of his contract. I don't think habs can afford him at his full contract. 

And if their was ever an untouchable player on the habs it better be Caufield. 

Maybe they could take back Weber as PART of the deal ... despite his contract running for five more seasons I just can't see him playing the last three when his real world salary is only $1M ...  maybe not even in two seasons (22-23) when it is $3M ... so not as bad a deal as it seems for a rebuilding team ... for the Habs next season it would be a net $2.2-2.3 increase, plus whatever Weber's replacement costs ... but unless that is Dougie Hamilton still some relief to accommodate Eichel's $10M cap hit ... but it would cost a ton of young talent ... likely losing, for the next few seasons, several of the ever important top 6/9 forward and/or top 4 defence ELCs critical to offsetting BIG contracts

37 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Why does Buffalo eat money for five years to trade him though?  Here, we'll trade you the guy we've been building our franchise around for the last half-decade and pay for the 'privilege' to do so.  They'll have to take back salary offsets but I'd be shocked if they'd even consider the idea of retaining money.

You wouldn’t trade Suzuki for Eichel? That surprises me. 

I can’t think of anyone on the Habs who is untouchable, and Eichel is a 25-year-old franchise C. Sure, the injury is a concern, but if your medical experts project a full recovery, I think it would be crazy to rule out anyone in the organization as a possible return. Of course we would have to clear out the contractual deadweight - no easy feat.

6 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Why does Buffalo eat money for five years to trade him though?  Here, we'll trade you the guy we've been building our franchise around for the last half-decade and pay for the 'privilege' to do so.  They'll have to take back salary offsets but I'd be shocked if they'd even consider the idea of retaining money.

I am saying just with the habs. I don't think the habs can handle another big contract especially with Suzuki and Kotkaniemi up for a new contract.  That Alzner buyout is really killing us. 

Just now, Habsfan89 said:

I am saying just with the habs. I don't think the habs can handle another big contract especially with Suzuki and Kotkaniemi up for a new contract.  That Alzner buyout is really killing us. 

They'd need to include some significant offsets for sure but Buffalo isn't retaining money to send their franchise player to a division rival.  I don't think they can make the money work unless either Price or Weber is gone by the start of free agency (this is a deal that will happen by the start of free agency if it happens). 

4 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

I can't see a trade that doesn't include Suzuki or KK so part of that "problem" is solved by the trade itself ... and thankfully the buyout impact declines next season and again the two years thereafter

Personally, I love having long-term Habs players, so I have a bias to keeping Caufield, Kotkaniemi, Romanov and Suzuki. But, the advantage with Eichel is that we already know that he is elite, with all four of the above, we are hoping they will be. And that that certainty has real value.

Although his neck injury, even if cleared by a doctor, will somewhat reduce that certainty and thus reduce the value.

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Eichel is done in Buffalo, do we make a serious play for him?

interest will be heavy so probably high price and is his neck toast? 

Surly cost Caufield, Suzuki plus

I would be a real challenge to make the cap work, giving up 2 entry level contracts for a 10 million/year guy plus Eichel would need someone to play with so you can't give up too much young talent.  His neck is obviously a concern as well. I think there are other teams that would be a better fit.  

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

You wouldn’t trade Suzuki for Eichel? That surprises me. 

I can’t think of anyone on the Habs who is untouchable, and Eichel is a 25-year-old franchise C. Sure, the injury is a concern, but if your medical experts project a full recovery, I think it would be crazy to rule out anyone in the organization as a possible return. Of course we would have to clear out the contractual deadweight - no easy feat.

If I was confident Eichel was healthy, I’d trade Suzuki before you could finish asking the question. Not knowing his health situation, or how effective modern procedure are, id be afraid to make the move. Vertebrae injuries are pretty unpredictable. Bossy had his career cut short while still being elite. Kerr was impacted. Back injuries are nit as easy to predict future health as a broken arm or leg.

If we could clear dead weight I’d take the gamble on moving someone other than Suzuki, or Caufield, but I wouldn’t want to take the risk without being more certain about his health issues. As someone with chronic pain from

a combination of a couple of different autoimmune issues, joint/tendon issues, and muscle tears, and following my rehab diligently for over 15 years, I know no matter how much more aggressive I am with my rehab, I’m still going to be limited in what I can do.

when you hear Eichal say he wants to do what’s best for not just his career, but his health after hockey, tells me he is also concerned about his future as well. He is a guy I actually wanted to go after, and if their is more certainly about his future health, than id be less risk averse. It sounds like the NYR maybe the best fit, and I can’t see them trading either of their last two top picks.

6 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Here's a question we need a number one Left D. How about a trade with buffalo Kotkaniemi for Dahlin? 2 young players with a lot of upside that could use a change of scenery? 

I would make that trade in a heartbeat, Buffalo definitely would not.  You would need to give up way more for Buffalo to consider. 

14 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Here's a question we need a number one Left D. How about a trade with buffalo Kotkaniemi for Dahlin? 2 young players with a lot of upside that could use a change of scenery? 

As dumb as they are, no way Buffalo makes that deal. 

5 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I would make that trade in a heartbeat, Buffalo definitely would not.  You would need to give up way more for Buffalo to consider. 

Right now in buffalo the way things are i think everyone is on the table.  But I would try and go after him instead of Jack. 

4 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Right now in buffalo the way things are i think everyone is on the table.  But I would try and go after him instead of Jack. 

It doesn't hurt to ask and find out what the asking price is, I am guessing it would be way more than KK.  Dahlin has had a tough year, worst plus/minus in the league but that is likely more of a function of logging a lot of minutes on the worst team in the league. His contract would be way easier to fit than Eichel but I doubt Buffalo is ready to give up on a young talent like him. 

10 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

It doesn't hurt to ask and find out what the asking price is, I am guessing it would be way more than KK.  Dahlin has had a tough year, worst plus/minus in the league but that is likely more of a function of logging a lot of minutes on the worst team in the league. His contract would be way easier to fit than Eichel but I doubt Buffalo is ready to give up on a young talent like him. 

Captain mountain man for Dahlin😬

Nothing wrong with dreaming right? Although I think we have a better chance of another four peat to win our 28th cup than that happening.