Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

14 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Great explanation Hab29. 

I would say then alongside with points, Suzuki brings a stronger all around game but I agree that Suzuki isn’t a game breaker in the same way Pettersson is. 

Let’s revisit this conversation in a couple more years. Suzuki continues to grow every season, including this one so we haven’t seen his ceiling yet.  I imagine a full season with Slafkovsky taking a step and Caufield rebounding with a perfect shoulder and a competent PP unit…Let’s see what Suzuki has got left in him. 

Well, I did pick Suzuki to get 87 points in our annual prediction contest, so I’m high on him. Having said that, I still think that if he can stay healthy and find consistency, Dach may become our #1 centre. It would really be something to have to 85 point+ centres.

6 hours ago, Commandant said:

I defended my point and its based not just on offence but his analytics that show selke level defence 

Hes grown every year 

He also scored 66 points while spending half the season with Harvey-pinard, Armia, and others rotating on his wings at age 23.

I was just having this conversation with someone yesterday. If Suzuki can become Bergeron, Kopitar, Barkov level, he may not get 100 points in a season ever. But if his defensive game against the other teams' best players continues to develop, maybe that skill negates 25 goals against in a season, and his 75 point season results in the same goal differential. Still elite in my view.

A 2:59 trade

***IF*** the Avs manage to upgrade their centre position without moving Johansen, Jake for Ryan and a 2025 conditional 3rd (4th if Allen doesn't play in 6 regular season games after the trade ... OR ... get a playoff win in 2024).

• Like 2