Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

43 minutes ago, Neech said:

It's funny that people want Kane for a bargain now that he's gotten hot.  The time to get him for a bargain was when his career was in a tailspin.  Why would Buffalo trade him now?

That's always the way, isn't it? Folks on here (including me) have talked about trading Gallagher this season; but any previous year, when Gally was going like gangbusters, that would have been a rare proposal indeed. When guys like Jeff Carter and Phil Kessel were on the block, during the low ebbs of their careers, many fans were adamant that the Habs had to STAY AWAY from these head-cases, 'problem players,' bums, etc.. But either of those guys would have been great additions. This is supposed to be why the GMs make the big bucks - to see through the exigencies of the moment and identify a player's real value as an asset. Not that they are terribly great at that either.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

That's always the way, isn't it? Folks on here (including me) have talked about trading Gallagher this season; but any previous year, when Gally was going like gangbusters, that would have been a rare proposal indeed. When guys like Jeff Carter and Phil Kessel were on the block, during the low ebbs of their careers, many fans were adamant that the Habs had to STAY AWAY from these head-cases, 'problem players,' bums, etc.. But either of those guys would have been great additions. This is supposed to be why the GMs make the big bucks - to see through the exigencies of the moment and identify a player's real value as an asset. Not that they are terribly great at that either.

Jeepers, sounds pretty simple, so how hard could it be eh.

I am so anxious for a trade that tried something even if I am not good at trade proposals: but I what if we could swap Beaulieu for Detroit's Bredan Smith. Maybe a change in scenery would benefit Smith with the Canadians. On a multi-player deal with drafts and some of the Canadians prospects we may be able to pry away Anthony Mantha from Detroit... :unsure:

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

The problem there is that Smith is a pending UFA while Beaulieu still has two years of team control. 

Don't know Smith...would he be upgrade on Beaulieu?

18 minutes ago, DON said:

Don't know Smith...would he be upgrade on Beaulieu?

In some ways he would be but in others he wouldn't.  Smith is one of those players who has the skills to be a solid player but often underwhelms. 

33 minutes ago, Davehab said:

This is just me thinking out loud but I could see a deal for Duchene that would involve both Gallagher and Beaulieu.

I dont think that would be out of the question......

I agree.  My guess is MB has at least offered Gallagher, Beaulieu, Scherbak and a combination of picks: 1st & 2nd round - for Duchene.

Sakic is going to swing for a homerun here and most likely wait until the summer before trading him.

• 1 month later...

How much would it take to do a Tavares trade and sign I wonder?

Is Pacioretty + Galchenyuk too much or not enough?

Pacioretty is great, don't get me wrong. But if he doesn't do it in the playoffs, then I don't want him. Galchenyuk? Losing faith in his progression. Not sure if he's ever going to put it together.

If we could somehow make this trade AND resign Radulov and a Russian buddy  (Dadonov or Shipachev) 

If we actually signed both we could have a top 6 of 

Dadonov - Tavares - Gallagher

Lehkonen - Shipachev - Radulov

I know it's only a day removed, and I dislike neither Pacioretty or Chuck, but they aren't getting it done.

55 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

Pacioretty is great, don't get me wrong. But if he doesn't do it in the playoffs, then I don't want him. Galchenyuk? Losing faith in his progression. Not sure if he's ever going to put it together.

If we could somehow make this trade AND resign Radulov and a Russian buddy  (Dadonov or Shipachev) 

I know it's only a day removed, and I dislike neither Pacioretty or Chuck, but they aren't getting it done.

Well we do know the Long Island franchise is in a bit of trouble. They still don't know where their barn is going to end up, lost a lot of JT's friends and linemates for almost nothing in a couple cases. JT is not getting any younger.

All that said I believe a trade would have to include a top prospect with either Patches or Chuck ala Sergachev. I wouldn't do both though throw in Beaulieu or another prospect to get it done if you have too. I think the Habs can offer the Islanders more than most clubs when it comes to a trade for John Tavares.

He certainly would solve our one major issue down the middle and has been known as a break a game open kind of player.

2 hours ago, Meller93 said:

And are Hawks peddling Toews & Kane, because they each only had 1g and got swept by big underdog?

Cant say Pacioretty didn't have another super reg season...so you are simply referring to the 6 games in one series as the main reason to trade a perennial 30+ goal scorer and 23yr old with 200+points under his belt...you normally have smart posts, but this isn't one of those Meller. :thumbs_down:

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, DON said:

And are Hawks peddling Toews & Kane, because they each only had 1g and got swept by big underdog?

Cant say Pacioretty didn't have another super reg season...so you are simply referring to the 6 games in one series as the main reason to trade a perennial 30+ goal scorer and 23yr old with 200+points under his belt...you normally have smart posts, but this isn't one of those Meller. :thumbs_down:

Pacioretty has 19 points in 38 playoff games. This is far from a one year assessment. It's not even simply the point totals, it's they actual compete level. Aside from a few breakaways he would go unnoticeable for huge periods of time. Sure he had around 40 shots, but he made Lunqvist look awfully good. He would have buried a few proper chances.

As for Galchenyuk, you might see he's listed as one of my favorite habs. But like Pacioretty, it's his compete level I haven't liked. In his first few years, Galchenyuk had this tenacity and compete, it's largely disappeared. 

Im not talking about giving these people up for squat. I'm talking about trading them for the prototypical 1st line center who's only 26. 

Further point, Toews and Kane have both won Conn Smythes haven't they? Proven they can literally be THE BEST playoff players. They also already have 3 cups each. Bringing them up as a comparison is a total non-sequitur.

2 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

Further point, Toews and Kane have both won Conn Smythes haven't they? Proven they can literally be THE BEST playoff players. They also already have 3 cups each. Bringing them up as a comparison is a total non-sequitur.

Don sounds a lot like the kool-aid drinking leafs fans from the 80's.

to him one bad playoffs from guys who won three cups is the same as guys who have done squat in the playoffs - and even though I think they've done squat, I wouldn't trade maxpac or galchenyuk.  The issue is more with the architect of the lineup.

7 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Don sounds a lot like the kool-aid drinking leafs fans from the 80's.

to him one bad playoffs from guys who won three cups is the same as guys who have done squat in the playoffs - and even though I think they've done squat, I wouldn't trade maxpac or galchenyuk.  The issue is more with the architect of the lineup.

I agree. The question is whether we can add a legit #1 C without giving up huge elements like that. What is clear is that we CANNOT go into next season with the joke of a FW configuration we have now; significant changes are in order. The problem at this point is that I have zero confidence in Zoot Suit's competence to make them.

3 hours ago, Meller93 said:

No kidding. Those guys have nothing left to prove. They're the most successful players of this generation along with Crosby, Doughty, and Patrice Bergeron. 

This is what I mean when I talk about "impending Leafdom." Someone here, either CC or MoLG first pointed out that it's been so long for this franchise that we think guys like Max and Plekanec are real deal stars instead of great players.

10 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Scherbak has very little value. Washington is not gonna put Eller in their top six. 

I think MB should look to take Backstrom off Caps... I'm not too sure how many picks with prospects it would take but I would try Real hard if i was in his chair :)

Just now, ehjay said:

I think MB should look to take Backstrom off Caps... I'm not too sure how many picks with prospects it would take but I would try Real hard if i was in his chair :)

I don't see the Caps giving away their number 1 centre. They are a cup contender. 

9 minutes ago, habs rule said:

I think we should go to new Jersey and get Kovalchuck. I don't know who we give up but can you imagine kovy/chucky/rads. The russian rockets. I love it.:D

Kovalchuck would more realistic and less NHL :D:D

(edit) come to think of it didn't the Goat try to get 1st pick from Atl a waays back for him ?

Edited by ehjay
add to post

55 minutes ago, ehjay said:

Or ask for Crosby or Malkin or Toews or McDavid...bout same odds..which is Zero.