Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

7 minutes ago, DON said:

Or ask for Crosby or Malkin or Toews or McDavid...bout same odds..which is Zero.

Now why you gotta burst my bubble? I was just triing to have some fun give a chance to dream a bit.... 3 1st and 2 2nd + Sherbak I thought was good, maybe not realistic but Commandant and Habs rule let me know more nice and btw for Toews I would trade Weber, 3 1st and 2 2nds + Sherbak might even put in there a Pleky just for cap space :)

(edit) I had ask for McDavid last year... it was for PK before PK got trade when MB said he wasn't looking to trade PK just btw :)

Edited by ehjay
add to post

Just now, ehjay said:

Now why you gotta burst my bubble? I was just triing to have some fun give a chance to dream a bit.... 3 1st and 2 2nd + Sherbak I thought was good, maybe not realistic but Commandant and Habs rule let me know more nice and btw for Toews I would trade Weber, 3 1st and 2 2nds + Sherbak might even put in there a Pleky just for cap space :)

Sorry to be negative (and is just my opinion); but it is simply kooky talk, trade Weber is also one you haven't thought through.

Truth of matter is that Habs simply lack much to deal (Sergachev seems it), especially for an all-star #1 centre. For a Duchene-type they should be able to make happen or look to make happen at start of July or before the draft.:spamafote:

Just now, DON said:

Sorry to be negative (and is just my opinion); but it is simply kooky talk, trade Weber is also one you haven't thought through.

Truth of matter is that Habs simply lack much to deal (Sergachev seems it), especially for an all-star #1 centre. For a Duchene-type they should be able to make happen or look to make happen at start of July or before the draft.:spamafote:

Your probably right about not thinking Weber trade right but for Capt'n Serious! Ohh man I think I would trade pretty much everybody except (the gen goalie bot) CP31!  I:wub: Capt'n Serious!

3 minutes ago, ehjay said:

Your probably right about not thinking Weber trade right but for Capt'n Serious! Ohh man I think I would trade pretty much everybody except (the gen goalie bot) CP31!  I:wub: Capt'n Serious!

Yes is tantalizing to think of another All-Star or two up front...or simply to have 1 All-Star forward on the team for a start would be nice. Its been a few years since had a forward attend all-star game.

Tavares is one who seems would fit in just perfect, but is on expiring contract and Isles would demand a kings ransom, for good reason.

So we will need to set our sights a bit lower, on who can realistically be a target for Bergy. 

Not a strong free agent list for Centres neither 

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/free-agents/center/ufa/

On 2017-04-24 at 3:46 PM, DON said:

Yes is tantalizing to think of another All-Star or two up front...or simply to have 1 All-Star forward on the team for a start would be nice. Its been a few years since had a forward attend all-star game.

Tavares is one who seems would fit in just perfect, but is on expiring contract and Isles would demand a kings ransom, for good reason.

So we will need to set our sights a bit lower, on who can realistically be a target for Bergy. 

Not a strong free agent list for Centres neither 

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/free-agents/center/ufa/

In regards to Tavares I have a weird feeling MB is going to go after him heavily.

With all the rumours flying around in regards to Tavares future with the Islanders it could be a possibility. Like you said he would fit into our forward corps like a glove. I have heard rumours that he wants to come over to a Canadian market and has history playing with Weber and Price he fits into our cores age group and win window.

Now do the Isles risk him going to free agency or if they know he wants to leave New York a trade involving Chucky Serg and another pick or prospect is quite a ransom to sell. Could another Canadian market offer that? I'm not so sure.

Obviously I'm just spitballing here but it would be an amazing move if it happened.

I have heard rumours that Toronto has been in talks with Tavares as well but I think after the year they had and their current depth down the middle, they will be seeking their #1 D instead of a #1 C

40 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

I have heard rumours that Toronto has been in talks with Tavares as well but I think after the year they had and their current depth down the middle, they will be seeking their #1 D instead of a #1 C

If Toronto can have Matthews/Tavares down the middle you best believe they will make room. 

13 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

If Toronto can have Matthews/Tavares down the middle you best believe they will make room. 

If they could make it work absolutely but IMO there major need at this point is a #1 D. And I think they use their assets to get that and not John.

12 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I dunno, going out and getting Tavares could be pretty 'tough' :rolleyes:

Would MaxPac, 2x1st, Julssen (sp?) do it?

2 hours ago, ehjay said:

Would MaxPac, 2x1st, Julssen (sp?) do it?

Nobody knows what will do it until New York is ready to trade him. Right now that's a nuclear option. They are trying to move the team to a different area in New York (Belmont I think) and that team will be a hard sell without the franchise player.

Pacioretty would be a good start I think as an American, not too old, but he could leave as a UFA right soon. Not a rental but pretty close. I'm thinking more Galchenyuk would have to be in the deal. American, young, a centre if the coach isn't a brick. Then add from there.

If the Islanders say he will sign and trade to Montreal you probably go Chuck/Sergachev/x2 1sts. It's a big payment but you just solved the top centre issue for the next 6 seasons. Tavares is worth it. If that sounds too expensive to you, you get the team you pay for.

• Upvote 1

I get your point about getting the team you pay for, but your suggestion of chuck, sergachev and 2 1sts leaves an already weak talent pool bereft of high-end young talent for about 5 years. It is a plan that if it succeeds leads to a Cup--maybe 2 if our now decades long streak of ill- luck is miraculously reversed. However, if it fails we will wallow in absolute suckitude for 5-10 yrs with nothing to show for it. You mentioned this as a nuclear option for NYI. It sounds like a nuclear option for Montreal as well. I prefer my deals with a little less risk.

1 hour ago, PMAC said:

I get your point about getting the team you pay for, but your suggestion of chuck, sergachev and 2 1sts leaves an already weak talent pool bereft of high-end young talent for about 5 years. It is a plan that if it succeeds leads to a Cup--maybe 2 if our now decades long streak of ill- luck is miraculously reversed. However, if it fails we will wallow in absolute suckitude for 5-10 yrs with nothing to show for it. You mentioned this as a nuclear option for NYI. It sounds like a nuclear option for Montreal as well. I prefer my deals with a little less risk.

Bergevin's inability to draft and develop talent is a huge problem, not just because it suggests that the team will be terrible once the current core declines, but because it severely limits the team's hand when it comes to trades that might upgrade that core.

27 minutes ago, PMAC said:

I prefer my deals with a little less risk.

So does Bergevin. Hence pushing Galchenyuk to the wing with Danault and Plekanec as the top two centres. Less (defensive) risk, no worry about spending too much on a trade.

I've theorized for a while now that Bergevin is waiting for his sweetheart deal. Ryder, Vanek, Petry, he won these deals because the risk was low in all of them on his end. Never had to worry about losing a first round pick. Never had to worry about a player locked for multiple years.

Like Bergevin, you're not ready to take a risk. Which means you're not ready to win a Cup. Which means there's no point to this team trying to compete. You play it safe too long you never get ahead. Every Cup winning team took a risk or two that could have cost them for years. Pittsburgh brought in Kessel. Chicago flipped chunks of their roster multiple times. LA went all in on two former Philly troublemakers. Boston had only a few years prior traded away Joe Thornton and Phil Kessel while putting it all on Thomas' shoulders. Detroit gambled with an old Osgood. Carolina acquired every veteran at the trade deadline available. I could go on and on.

I'm tired of safe Montreal. Looks too much like complacent Montreal. Take the risk or blow it up. Otherwise be happy when Galchenyuk gets moved for Mikael Backlund and a draft pick.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

So does Bergevin. Hence pushing Galchenyuk to the wing with Danault and Plekanec as the top two centres. Less (defensive) risk, no worry about spending too much on a trade.

I've theorized for a while now that Bergevin is waiting for his sweetheart deal. Ryder, Vanek, Petry, he won these deals because the risk was low in all of them on his end. Never had to worry about losing a first round pick. Never had to worry about a player locked for multiple years.

Like Bergevin, you're not ready to take a risk. Which means you're not ready to win a Cup. Which means there's no point to this team trying to compete. You play it safe too long you never get ahead. Every Cup winning team took a risk or two that could have cost them for years. Pittsburgh brought in Kessel. Chicago flipped chunks of their roster multiple times. LA went all in on two former Philly troublemakers. Boston had only a few years prior traded away Joe Thornton and Phil Kessel while putting it all on Thomas' shoulders. Detroit gambled with an old Osgood. Carolina acquired every veteran at the trade deadline available. I could go on and on.

I'm tired of safe Montreal. Looks too much like complacent Montreal. Take the risk or blow it up. Otherwise be happy when Galchenyuk gets moved for Mikael Backlund and a draft pick.

Good post. I wouldn't advocate risk for its own sake, but we are now at the point where bold moves are absolutely required if this core is ever going to win the Cup. Five years of treading water is enough.

55 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Good post. I wouldn't advocate risk for its own sake, but we are now at the point where bold moves are absolutely required if this core is ever going to win the Cup. Five years of treading water is enough.

What are talking about, Weber deal wasn't bold, you have been ranting about it for almost a year now? Year before he added top 4 d-man for good sized $ and term and many said he overpaid Radulov (back in the fall was the talk anyways).

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, DON said:

What are talking about, Weber deal wasn't bold, you have been ranting about it for almost a year now? Year before he added top 4 d-man for good sized $ and term and many said he overpaid Radulov (back in the fall was the talk anyways).

Weber was a totally unnecessary lateral move. So, 'bold' but asinine - like trading Price for Holtby.

In any case, it doesn't change the argument. The current core cannot win. Bold moves are therefore required, not more lateral moves or farting around with the fringes of the lineup.

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Bergevin's inability to draft and develop talent is a huge problem, not just because it suggests that the team will be terrible once the current core declines, but because it severely limits the team's hand when it comes to trades that might upgrade that core.

I think you need to ad to his inability.

he said you can't trade for a #1 centre - must be drafted and developed.  So according to MB, trading is not an option.

in the first round, the habs only drafted one centre - galchenyuk.  So despite seeing a need to draft a centre, they only drafted one. But guess what, they couldn't develop him to be a number one centre - mainly because the wouldn't play him as a centre for the first two years and than wouldn't consistently play him as a centre for the following two 3 years, because he wasn't developing as a centre.  Now they are going to converting their only drafted centre to a LW.

so to sum up, MB can't trade for a centre.  Only used one pick to draft a centre, but couldn't develop him as a centre, because they wouldn't let him play centre.  

Sounds to me the problem is MB, being unable to do his job. Maybe we just need to replace him and not AG27.

55 minutes ago, DON said:

Weber move was a spite move.  Like you MB just didn't like Subban.

Deal didn't fill any holes.  Only made us older and added another hole - lack of blue line mobility.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The bold move needed now, is molson growing a pair and firing MB.  Although, I think that is more of a logical and rational move than a bold move

11 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Weber was a totally unnecessary lateral move. So, 'bold' but asinine - like trading Price for Holtby.

In any case, it doesn't change the argument. The current core cannot win. Bold moves are therefore required, not more lateral moves or farting around with the fringes of the lineup.

Holtby is younger than price, so it's more like trading Price for Rinne or Lundquist

27 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Holtby is younger than price, so it's more like trading Price for Rinne or Lundquist

Yeah, fair enough. Price for Holtby would be a good trade, arguably, for reasons of age.

Radulov quote:

"[Weber] is obviously, he's my friend, first of all, since a long time," Radulov said. "He was the guy who actually helped me to [get] here. … I'm thankful to him and I enjoyed [playing] with him. Hopefully we can work it out and I'll be here."

I wasn't happy about the trade, but I have moved on. There are some facts here that you guys are not willing to accept. Subban was a dominant mobile defenseman with incredible abilities to skate, pass, and transition the puck. (aside from the Centre issue) This team was missing a top right winger for the first line and a top 4 defenseman who could provide a physical presence.  The result of the lateral trade, was the signing of the best UFA of 2017. I argue that subban was traded for Weber and radulov. Two holes were filled and one was left. The mobile defenseman. That is a step forward. Not a lateral move. 

So you only want bold but Cucumber approved deals...got it.  

51 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Radulov quote:

"[Weber] is obviously, he's my friend, first of all, since a long time," Radulov said. "He was the guy who actually helped me to [get] here. … I'm thankful to him and I enjoyed [playing] with him. Hopefully we can work it out and I'll be here."

I wasn't happy about the trade, but I have moved on. There are some facts here that you guys are not willing to accept. Subban was a dominant mobile defenseman with incredible abilities to skate, pass, and transition the puck. (aside from the Centre issue) This team was missing a top right winger for the first line and a top 4 defenseman who could provide a physical presence.  The result of the lateral trade, was the signing of the best UFA of 2017. I argue that subban was traded for Weber and radulov. Two holes were filled and one was left. The mobile defenseman. That is a step forward. Not a lateral move. 

Except the habs were rumoured to be the more likely landing spots for radulov over a month before the trade was made.