Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

3 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Offer sheet Draisatl .. Even if it's a 6.5 million dollar per year contract, they can't afford everybody. 

He's the #1 center we need.

I'm all for offer sheeting him.  But for us to have a chance it would have to be for at least $8m.

if we were gong to trade Subban, I said last year, I'd be looking for a package that included Draisatl and klefbom or nurse.

5 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I'm all for offer sheeting him.  But for us to have a chance it would have to be for at least $8m.

if we were gong to trade Subban, I said last year, I'd be looking for a package that included Draisatl and klefbom or nurse.

That was the rumour. A lot of hearsay. Either the Oilers dropped it due to Subban's contract or Bergevin dropped it when he couldn't get Dubois at #4.

6 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

That was the rumour. A lot of hearsay. Either the Oilers dropped it due to Subban's contract or Bergevin dropped it when he couldn't get Dubois at #4.

I think he was targeting a #1 pick and given our window and our needs, I would have forsaken the pick and gone after a top centre and a young dman + a pick from the 2018.  I think Edmonton would have been more willing to move draisaitl If they also didn't have to include a top 3 pick.

In any event, there is no way Subban should have been traded for someone that didn't have more upside.  You don't trade someone entering their prime, for someone that is going into decline.  Chelios should have taught this franchise that much.

Edited by hab29RETIRED
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I'd still do it at 8m.. 6 for 48 or 7 for 56.. do it..

Based on reports, MB almost gave Lucic that much anyways so might as well give it to somebody even better. 

8 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

I'd still do it at 8m.. 6 for 48 or 7 for 56.. do it..

Based on reports, MB almost gave Lucic that much anyways so might as well give it to somebody even better. 

I'd go up to $9mx7 for draisaitl.  I just think that less than $8m, oilers will match 

The big question here is :  What about Draisaitl's leadership ?  Anyone took a peek at his warmup habits ?

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

The big question here is :  What about Draisaitl's leadership ?  Anyone took a peek at his warmup habits ?

Well on that basis I guess MB will offer sheet Matt Stajen instead!

• Upvote 2

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sakic-theres-going-lot-turnover-colorado/

"There's going to be alot of turnover" in Colorado - Joe Sakic 

So now that we got him where we want him, cue the Matt Duchene trade proposals. 

To Colorado: Galchenyuk and Beaulieu 

To Montreal: Duchene and a 3rd 

• Upvote 1

Why do we want to trade Galchenyuk for a guy 4 years older, who scores at the same rate, and doesn't play very good defence, and his coaches keep putting him on the wing due to those defensive issues, and was the forward with the least amount of ice time for team canada this week? Oh but he wins faceoffs. 

Oh yeah, bergevin, i forgot. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, illWill said:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sakic-theres-going-lot-turnover-colorado/

"There's going to be alot of turnover" in Colorado - Joe Sakic 

So now that we got him where we want him, cue the Matt Duchene trade proposals. 

To Colorado: Galchenyuk and Beaulieu 

To Montreal: Duchene and a 3rd 

I am not too hung up on Duchene anymore, I don't know if I would even do Chucky straight up.

Mackinnon I would consider it though.

Guest Stogey24

Man oh man. Do not trade Galchenyuk. The kid was tearing it up before he got hurt. Point per game pace is not out of the question for him moving forward. 

I know you have to trade value to get value, but do not trade that kid. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Why do we want to trade Galchenyuk for a guy 4 years older, who scores at the same rate, and doesn't play very good defence, and his coaches keep putting him on the wing due to those defensive issues, and was the forward with the least amount of ice time for team canada this week? Oh but he wins faceoffs. 

Oh yeah, bergevin, i forgot. 

Could be because we need a top 6 center. 

• Upvote 1

To Colorado

Max Pacioretty

Tomas Plekanec

Nathan Beaulieu

To Montreal

Matt Duchene

Carl Soderberg

2nd Round Pick 2018

For Colorado: Pressure taken off Landeskog on the left wing. Two options to score now on their left. Opens up spot for Jost to take eventually. Plekanec is either taken by Vegas or sticks around on the final year as a defensive centre. Beaulieu is young enough and will get more minutes in Colorado's top four. Gets out of Sod's contract.

For Montreal: Two centres. Galchenyuk will likely be permanently moved to LW if he re-signs in Montreal. Soderberg had a terrible year last season but prior to that was a 50 point centreman in Colorado. Him and Danault make a 2CB/3CA situation. Beaulieu was an RFA the Habs lost patience with. Soderberg could be lost to Vegas to get out of his contract but there's value in staying if not.

It's ugly but I think it could work for both teams.

Guest Stogey24
28 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

To Colorado

Max Pacioretty

Tomas Plekanec

Nathan Beaulieu

To Montreal

Matt Duchene

Carl Soderberg

2nd Round Pick 2018

For Colorado: Pressure taken off Landeskog on the left wing. Two options to score now on their left. Opens up spot for Jost to take eventually. Plekanec is either taken by Vegas or sticks around on the final year as a defensive centre. Beaulieu is young enough and will get more minutes in Colorado's top four. Gets out of Sod's contract.

For Montreal: Two centres. Galchenyuk will likely be permanently moved to LW if he re-signs in Montreal. Soderberg had a terrible year last season but prior to that was a 50 point centreman in Colorado. Him and Danault make a 2CB/3CA situation. Beaulieu was an RFA the Habs lost patience with. Soderberg could be lost to Vegas to get out of his contract but there's value in staying if not.

It's ugly but I think it could work for both teams.

Duchene doesn't cover up the hole that's left for Pacioretty's goal scoring. Not to mention another gaping hole on the LW

Soderberg was rumoured to be coming to Montreal, when he was on the block in Boston. 14pts in 80 games is awful though. I'm sure he'll bounce back, but that's bad. 

Now that I think of it I personally think the only real answer to our center woes is to acquire a veteran center with skill. I don't think Duchene is quite there yet but it was mentioned that he's 4 years older than Galchenyuk so maybe he's getting there. 

Let's face it. Regardless of how he was playing this year, Coach Julien trusted Plekanec in a top 6 role. I've been the one advocating that Galchenyuk play top line center for us but with a veteran, there are no question marks. 

I'd like our top two lines to have veteran center and Galchenyuk but that won't happen unless either Plekanec or Danault get traded.

To Montreal 

Henrik Sedin 

Daniel Sedin 

To Vancouver

Tomas Plekanec 

Nathan Beaulieu 

(additional prospect?) depends how over the hill they are

3rd Round Pick

To Montreal

Joe Thornton

Paul Martin

To San Jose

Tomas Plekanec 

Nathan Beaulieu

2nd Round Pick

Stop gaps I agree but it will give some time to our current younger players to grow and they may learn a lot.

16 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Thornton is a UFA this year 

Ya I didn't look up any contracts or salaries but I hadn't intended on proposing a trade in the first place. Just thought I'd throw out a couple after what I said. I personally really like Duchene as well but I wouldn't let go of Patches for him.

Guest Stogey24
13 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Ya I didn't look up any contracts or salaries but I hadn't intended on proposing a trade in the first place. Just thought I'd throw out a couple after what I said. I personally really like Duchene as well but I wouldn't let go of Patches for him.

Well get your shiit together 

Ya, not a huge patches fan, but I don't think I'd let him go for Duchene 

One step forward, two steps back 

Pacioretty should not be included in any deal unless it's a blow your socks off type move. He has two more years at a 4.5 m which is an absolute steal for an automatic 30+ goal scoring captain. To me it's Galchenyuk that should be moved for a top 6 center, leaving Pacioretty and Lehkonen as your top two LW. Or Galchenyuk simply figures out whatever it is that the coaches want him to do out there at center and he does it. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Scott462 said:

I am not too hung up on Duchene anymore, I don't know if I would even do Chucky straight up.

Mackinnon I would consider it though.

MacKinnon I would do too. 

4 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Could be because we need a top 6 center. 

Did you miss the part where i mentioned that his coaches have regularly put him on wing due to defensive issues?

3 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Duchene doesn't cover up the hole that's left for Pacioretty's goal scoring. Not to mention another gaping hole on the LW

LW: Galchenyuk - Lehkonen - Byron

C: Duchene - Soderberg - Danault

RW: Radulov (hopefully) - Gallagher - Shaw

What hole?

• Upvote 1