dlbalr

Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

5881 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, DON said:

Is one answer, but maybe not correct one. If he pumps in 30+ goals as a LWer instead of at centre, is that so bad.

I don't believe he'll score 30 goals as a LW.  That's his worst position as it does not allow him to get to the right side of the ice and let go his one timer. 

Its one reason why his PPG has always been considerably higher when used at C than LW. 

4 hours ago, DON said:

Is one answer, but maybe not correct one. If he pumps in 30+ goals as a LWer instead of at centre, is that so bad.

It's not so bad but if the alternative is that we need to acquire two top 6 centers as a result of having not one, it's probably the more reasonable expectation. 

I'm probably not the best person on this topic though because I actually see this as being somewhat similar to the Semin situation now that you said that and I was in the minority with my thought process there. I was frustrated when we let Semin walk not because I was in love with Semin but because we were void of a top 6 player with skill and had no one to replace him, but most people's response was that he didn't have the skill of a top 6 player anyway so my argument was moot. The coaching staff has approached this situation similarly, at least in the playoffs this year, in that they did not play him in a top 6 role even though we need more top 6 skill.  The main difference is that more fans seem to believe in Galchenyuk as a player than Semin and think he can fill that top 6 center role.

It's one thing for some of us to say he should be slotted in as a top 6 center but I don't think it can be argued that the coaching staff seems to feel the way most fans did about Semin when he was let go and no one batted an eye. They have yet to act like they believe he belongs in the top 6, let alone at center. I personally haven't seen any glaring deficiency in his game when he plays center, but it looks like Julien has in his brief stint with us thus far. Not only that, he wasn't even in the top 6 as a winger. So while I would play him in a top 6 center role myself, especially since we have no top 6 centers, I've been through this before.

What about the Sedins? Not sure if they would waive their NMC or if they even have the juice left in the tank but they may be an option for win now.

We would have to send Plex plus Emelin back for cap reasons but what would they want for them? A couple of picks?

On 5/10/2017 at 11:41 AM, xXx..CK..xXx said:

To Montreal 

Henrik Sedin 

Daniel Sedin 

To Vancouver

Tomas Plekanec 

Nathan Beaulieu 

(additional prospect?) depends how over the hill they are

3rd Round Pick

That was my proposal for them from a few weeks ago. 

3 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

That was my proposal for them from a few weeks ago. 

Not a crazy proposal, but the Sedins have NTCs and seem quite committed to Van. Meanwhile, I doubt Benning is going to trade two of his top 6, and franchise icons, for an aging third-line C, a question-mark with upside in Beaulieu, and a middling prospect. 

As for the Sedins, they are sloooow but still shifty. Pencil 'em in for 50-60 pts, legit second liners. Whether the cap dollars work out, I dunno.

I think that I read that the Sedins only want to play for Vancouver and will retire when they aren't wanted anymore