Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

It's not just Sergachev but you're also giving up Galchenyuk and another 1st round pick. I rarely care about prospects but I have a good feeling about Sergachev. Why not just trade Galchenyuk, Beaulieu and a 1st. Throw in a 2nd or a 3rd. People can talk crap about Beaulieu but he's not that bad and I still feel like the Islanders are getting a lot. 

1 hour ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I don't make that trade. One of the background reasons I'm fine with the Weber trade overall is that we have Sergachev coming in soon. I don't include him in a trade at this point. Remember this in 2 years.

Sergachev would leave a huge organizational void, no question. But the proposed deal would also fix an ever huger void.

The thing is, I've never been convinced that the solution at C *has* to be a big-time star like Tavares. If we could acquire a legit top-6 C at much lower cost, that would still be a huge improvement. Right now the team's #1C is Danault. That is a remarkable easy situation to improve upon.

5 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I don't make that trade. One of the background reasons I'm fine with the Weber trade overall is that we have Sergachev coming in soon. I don't include him in a trade at this point. Remember this in 2 years.

Its painful... remember how adamant i was on not trading Sergachev for Duchene.  He's a great prospect. 

But John Tavares is a legit top 10, if not top 5 centre in the NHL. 

4 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Sergachev would leave a huge organizational void, no question. But the proposed deal would also fix an ever huger void.

The thing is, I've never been convinced that the solution at C *has* to be a big-time star like Tavares. If we could acquire a legit top-6 C at much lower cost, that would still be a huge improvement. Right now the team's #1C is Danault. That is a remarkable easy situation to improve upon.

Imagine this

Galchenyuk

Anisimov

Danault

That looks good enough to me. 

but better is better and if i had a shot at Tavares, I take it. 

5 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Yes with a contract extension.

Can we subtract Sergachev and add Juulsen & another 2nd?!

35 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Maybe if there's no contract extension.

I don't see how we could afford to make this deal - but than I think we are more weak on defence than most 

9 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I don't see how we could afford to make this deal - but than I think we are more weak on defence than most 

If we keep sergachev and add juulsen and a second as nihilz said , our future at d still isn't so bad

2 hours ago, nihilz said:

Can we subtract Sergachev and add Juulsen & another 2nd?!

I don't think the Isles take that. 

Sergachev is worth more than Juulsen + 2nd

Look at it this way.... if we offered pick 25 and pick 56 to detroit for pick 9, they would say no way. 

Juulsen is a prospect who was pick 25, sergachev was pick 9.. 56 is our second rounder this year. 

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

It is Garth Snow, remember?

• Upvote 1

Galchenyuk, Sergachev, Hudon, First Rounder

for 

Tavares and RYan Pilon 

Obviously Serg has the higher ceiling, but Pilon would be a good add

Keep Lindgren as well, need good goalie prospects

45 minutes ago, PMAC said:

It is Garth Snow, remember?

Snow has made mostly good trades and very few bad trades. He's not dumb.

His worst trades since 06-07 were all the picks he shuffled to move up to get Calvin De Haan, and the Moulson/Vanek swap that led to him selling Vanek to the Habs for a 2nd/prospect. Unless I'm missing something that's bad (we're talking trades not drafting). He also quickly identified that Griffin Reinhart, taken after Galchenyuk, wasn't going to be much, dealt him to the Oilers, and now has Matt Barzal. 

33 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Ryan Pilon retired a couple of years ago about two months after being drafted.  The Islanders lost his rights back on June 1st.

The basic idea of taking back a midrange prospect on D in order to soften the blow isn't a bad thought, though - especially if you can identify a prospect the Isles may be under-valuing. 

35 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The basic idea of taking back a midrange prospect on D in order to soften the blow isn't a bad thought, though - especially if you can identify a prospect the Isles may be under-valuing. 

Devon Toews probably fits that bill. Had a pretty decent first season in Bridgeport. Could be NHL ready. 

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Sergachev is worth more than Juulsen + 2nd

Look at it this way.... if we offered pick 25 and pick 56 to detroit for pick 9, they would say no way. 

Juulsen is a prospect who was pick 25, sergachev was pick 9.. 56 is our second rounder this year. 

There then. Its settled.

Galchenyuk Beaulieu Juulen Lindgren & 1st.

Sergachev or bust. ;P

Can we flip Emelin for Hamonic, too!?

Benn Hamonic 3rd pairing would make me giddy..

muhahaa

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

Can't do it... we traded Emelin for Erik Karlsson

What a sham! Habs coulda got more!

Just now, Meller93 said:

I'll take that as a no

I didn't say that.  

Is it possible.  I'm sure Bergevin has asked what the price is.  New Jersey is willing to listen.  Trades are always possible.

Is it worth over-reacting because he had an interview with the Habs.  Doesn't mean that much, he's interviewed with over half the league.  Sometimes teams do interviews incase he's a trade possibility now or in 3-4 years.  They also like to ask about teammates, example Stelio Mattheos is ranked close to the Habs two second round picks, maybe they want a teammates insight on him. There are lots of reasons to interview.  Not all are trades, though some are.