dlbalr

Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

1 hour ago, ehjay said:

I was thinking..

anyone think the laffs would trade Marleau and 1st for Plecky (loll again) edit: add maybe something

Pros for laffs they get rid of 6.25 mill on cap to make things happen elsewhere for next year and take less cap hit this year

for Habs, the 1st and C to show how it's done to the young guy on the Team and maybe even how to take face offs to a couple of other folks too.

idk any1 else think might be good?

Will never happen. Marleau would retire before going to a rebuilding team

2 hours ago, ehjay said:

I was thinking..

anyone think the laffs would trade Marleau and 1st for Plecky (loll again) edit: add maybe something

Pros for laffs they get rid of 6.25 mill on cap to make things happen elsewhere for next year and take less cap hit this year

for Habs, the 1st and C to show how it's done to the young guy on the Team and maybe even how to take face offs to a couple of other folks too.

idk any1 else think might be good?

As much as I'd like to see that happen, the Leafs would surely say no.  Marleau is worth more than Plekanec.  I also doubt Marleau waives his NMC to go to Montreal.  If Marleau were to waive his NMC it would likely be to a legit contender.  The Leafs have a better shot at the Cup this year and next than the Habs.

Leafs don't move Marleau before the off-season IMO. 

they might move him then, or he might develop some mysterious condition where he is on IR next year (when his salary dips low). 

25 minutes ago, Commandant said:

they might move him then, or he might develop some mysterious condition where he is on IR next year (when his salary dips low). 

I think their plan was to LTIR him when he initially signed but considering he hasn't missed a game since 2008-09, I'm intrigued to see how they're going to try to sell that one.  'Sure, he hasn't missed a game in a decade but it's clear this injury/illness will keep him from playing the entirety of the season and thus we can place him on LTIR'.  Teams have already questioned Toronto's usage of LTIR in recent years and they'll be keeping even closer tabs if they do this with Marleau.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Leafs don't move Marleau before the off-season IMO. 

45 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I think their plan was to LTIR him when he initially signed but considering he hasn't missed a game since 2008-09, I'm intrigued to see how they're going to try to sell that one.  'Sure, he hasn't missed a game in a decade but it's clear this injury/illness will keep him from playing the entirety of the season and thus we can place him on LTIR'.  Teams have already questioned Toronto's usage of LTIR in recent years and they'll be keeping even closer tabs if they do this with Marleau.

If they are moving him, I bet they'll trade him back to San Jose for peanuts, and he'll take Thornton's spot on the roster for his final year.

It's been a while since I posted an actual proposal so here goes:

To Montreal: LW/RW Valentin Zykov ($675K cap hit through 2019-20, one-way deal)

To Carolina: LW/RW Nikita Scherbak ($863K cap hit through 2018-19)

Basically, a swap of two similar waiver-blocked youngsters who could use a change of scenery.  Carolina is listening to offers on Zykov and with the number of scouts that were at Scherbak's first game in Laval, it's fair to surmise that Montreal is open to moving Scherbak as well.  Zykov's a right-hand shot which is nice on a team that's lacking in those up front.