Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

51 minutes ago, Neech said:

Anaheim would want more right?  Suzuki is still not a proven commodity.

The Ducks are in such disarray right now. Can we take advantage of their chaos? Convince them to make this trade for the promise of youth?

1 hour ago, zumpano21 said:

The Ducks are in such disarray right now. Can we take advantage of their chaos? Convince them to make this trade for the promise of youth?

Before even getting into the merits of this specific trade value wise, we should note that Cam Fowler has a modified-NTC. He can only be traded to 4 teams of his choosing

Would Montreal be one of those 4 teams?

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/cam-fowler

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Before even getting into the merits of this specific trade value wise, we should note that Cam Fowler has a modified-NTC. He can only be traded to 4 teams of his choosing

Depends on how he is thinking...

does he want to go to a contender right now or does he want to go to us, a potential playoff team where he would get loads of icetime.

43 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

Depends on how he is thinking...

does he want to go to a contender right now or does he want to go to us, a potential playoff team where he would get loads of icetime.

Or does he want to stay in Anaheim who, despite losing 12 straight until last night, is still tied for the final Wild Card spot in the West?  He's already on a potential playoff team with loads of ice time.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Can we say "yes" and actually try to fix the Habs LD problem?

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Can we say "yes" and actually try to fix the Habs LD problem?

SURE, bye bye Gallagher...welcome new top pairing LH d-man, to be named later. Done deal!

37 minutes ago, DON said:

SURE, bye bye Gallagher...welcome new top pairing LH d-man, to be named later. Done deal!

This is lazy, and I know you can do better. Which NHL defenseman would you trade Gallagher for?

Zumpano is dangling Suzuki to bring in a LD, and I don't hate the idea. 

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

This is lazy, and I know you can do better. Which NHL defenseman would you trade Gallagher for?

Zumpano is dangling Suzuki to bring in a LD, and I don't hate the idea. 

Would prefer to keep Suzuki to Gallagher, as Gallagher is presently (back to back 30+goals (likely) seasons) much much more valuable and would demand a top notch d-man...I would let experts like commandant-dlbalr come up with a good candidate.

Yes, is lazy but i simply dont follow other teams, especially west ones and I simply dont know who would be a good fit and equal value. Carolina supposedly has good crop of d-men and Minni may have one, but would just be stabs in dark and you know Bergy would come up someone not on fans radar.

But, you were supposed to say "Gallagher! No way we should trade him!":B)

12 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I will be absolutely shocked if Attitude Bergevin even considers trading Gallagher. It ain't gonna happen.

Wonder if Jake Bean would be a good fit and what would Carolina demand for him, other than we have heard the Owner want scorers?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=177019

(absolutely agree Gallagher is going no where anytime soon...but if talking dealing for a #1 pairing d-man...it will be painful, whatever gets dealt.)

Some options for LHD that are young and might be good options for cheap due to not being able to crack deep defensive teams.

Jacob Larsson (anaheim)

Jake Bean and Haydn Fleury (Carolina)

Jake Walman (St. Louis)

Oliver Kylington (Calgary)

34 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Some options for LHD that are young and might be good options for cheap due to not being able to crack deep defensive teams.

Jacob Larsson (anaheim)

Jake Walman (St. Louis)

We might have the most Fleury's in the league.:P

(Kylington dropped big time in the draft, is he looking OK prospect now?)

22 minutes ago, DON said:

We might have the most Fleury's in the league.:P

(Kylington dropped big time in the draft, is he looking OK prospect now?)

Well it is Cale Fleury's brother

Kylington is looking like a decent prospect but is not the top 5 pick that people had him one year before his draft,  He wouldn't have been a bad pick from 15-25 in the first

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Well it is Cale Fleury's brother

Kylington is looking like a decent prospect but is not the top 5 pick that people had him one year before his draft,  He wouldn't have been a bad pick from 15-25 in the first

Thanks Ben

15 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Jacob Larsson (anaheim)

Jake Walman (St. Louis)

I would trade Juulsen for Larsson.

Commandant, do you think Pierre-Olivieer Joseph in Arizona would be a good prospect for the CH on LD, how close is he to the NHL?

As i said earlier in the thread... the way to build the defence is to have lots of prospects and hope a few work out.  Trading juulsen for Larsson is pointless for Montreal.

With the trades i was looking for a Hudon plus draft pick (round to vary depending on which player you are targetting) to get the prospect.

29 minutes ago, Commandant said:

As i said earlier in the thread... the way to build the defence is to have lots of prospects and hope a few work out.  Trading juulsen for Larsson is pointless for Montreal.

With the trades i was looking for a Hudon plus draft pick (round to vary depending on which player you are targetting) to get the prospect.

Ok, got it.

For Juulsen, I thought that making a lateral move to fill a hole on left by taking away some depth from the right side would be fine. Fleury, Brook are coming and with Petry playing so well all the CH really needs is a bottom pairing RD.

Larsson would fill a need on the left side and out of Mete, Larsson, Kulak and Reilly, the CH would have time to select which of the four woul dbe protected on the expansion draft. Building a strong top 3.

How about P-O Joseph? My thought there is that he is still a junior and would not need to be protected in the expansion draft, which would allow the CH to go get a more experience LD like Edmusson in STL (not necessarily him, but someone like him) to play with Petry.