Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

12 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Ok, got it.

For Juulsen, I thought that making a lateral move to fill a hole on left by taking away some depth from the right side would be fine. Fleury, Brook are coming and with Petry playing so well all the CH really needs is a bottom pairing RD.

Larsson would fill a need on the left side and out of Mete, Larsson, Kulak and Reilly, the CH would have time to select which of the four woul dbe protected on the expansion draft. Building a strong top 3.

How about P-O Joseph? My thought there is that he is still a junior and would not need to be protected in the expansion draft, which would allow the CH to go get a more experience LD like Edmusson in STL (not necessarily him, but someone like him) to play with Petry.

Arizona is building.  Why are they giving up Joseph?  

Even if they do, he's not going to be cheap. 

I wanted to target teams who didn't necessarily have room for those players to crack their lineup and could make moves to help themselves on the wings to help them right away.  Those teams also wouldn't need Juulsen, cause the whole issue is that they don't have room for younger defencemen, which is why i looked at their younger D.

28 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Arizona is building.  Why are they giving up Joseph?  

Even if they do, he's not going to be cheap. 

I wanted to target teams who didn't necessarily have room for those players to crack their lineup and could make moves to help themselves on the wings to help them right away.  Those teams also wouldn't need Juulsen, cause the whole issue is that they don't have room for younger defencemen, which is why i looked at their younger D.

Ok, thx

I would like to see MB make a move for a Lindholm or Theodore or OEL or something along them lines.

I would be willing to give up something on the left forward side. I think Drouin is steep but if in return the Left D side can be sured up with one of the three above. Imho Drouin can go. I know this will probably not happen as that would be admiting failure on MB part for making that trade, at the very least, for a Left Dman.

Swing for a real deal MB, even if it means swapping Drouin. Do It!! :) 

I know I should not say it this way. I know that youth in the league is where it's at and that getting one of the Dmen Commandant recomends would be better in terms of cost in getting said player and paying, yet I have enjoyed a good bit of the boys on the ice this year and I would like to keep enjoy it a little bit longer, like 16 more wins once season ends longer (might not be for this season) but I'm pretty sure ya'll know what I meen. :D 

20 hours ago, ehjay said:

I would like to see MB make a move for a Lindholm or Theodore or OEL or something along them lines.

I would be willing to give up Drouin

As realistic as Mete for Subban.

How bout swapping 20yr olds- Poehling for Jake Bean?

I was not too impressed with Oliver Bjorkstrand (CBJ) the other night, but I would trade Lehkonen for him because he could still grow into a good 3rd line RW and push Armia to the 4th line.

I think he still has some upside, his possession numbers are good, and he is young.

P.S. he may also be good option for Shaw, if Shaw's concussion problem never go away.

Edited by alfredoh2009
Added note on Shaw

Given the way Julien and Bergevin both love Lehkonen's two way game, I highly doubt they move him for a guy they hope will grow into a good 3rd line RW

If they did it as part of a package for a top line guy, and someone who is more of a sure thing they might look at it

But not for someone who you assess as "could still grow into a good 3rd line RW and push Armia to the 4th line."

Lehkonen is already a third liner with some offence and very good penalty killing and defensive ability

10 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Given the way Julien and Bergevin both love Lehkonen's two way game, I highly doubt they move him for a guy they hope will grow into a good 3rd line RW

If they did it as part of a package for a top line guy, and someone who is more of a sure thing they might look at it

But not for someone who you assess as "could still grow into a good 3rd line RW and push Armia to the 4th line."

Lehkonen is already a third liner with some offence and very good penalty killing and defensive ability

Lehks can't score, and he is not a second wave PP right-hand shot option.

29 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Lehks can't score, and he is not a second wave PP right-hand shot option.

Never said that he was

Doesn't change the fact the Habs aren't trading him for someone who is almost the same age and could become a third liner

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Never said that he was

Doesn't change the fact the Habs aren't trading him for someone who is almost the same age and could become a third liner

Commandant, I said that he is not "a second wave PP right-hand option".

IMHO the CH needs a better 3rd-line right winger. I believe that the top 6 is fine for now except for the need of a Suzuki, Ikonen or Ylonen type of player on the top 6. But they are coming. Evans may be another option as a top-6 RW...

My concern is the 3rd line, where Kotka is now, and where Danault is heading. Between Byron, Lehkonne, Shaw and Hudon: who is more likely to get us an upgrade on 3RW? For me that is Lehks, if we can get someone "as good as him" (lateral move) or better if the CH offers some package.

Bjorkstrand (CBJ) is an option, Puljujarvi (EDM) and Coyle (MIN) are probably too expensive but would be good fits in Montreal. Younger prospects would be Berggren (DET), Zetterlund (NJD) or Pu (CAR).

I am not an expert on evaluating prospects, far from it; all I know is that the CH needs a better option than Shaw, Hudon or Lehkonen as 3rd-line center  right-wing and that they have the assets to get that.

Edited by alfredoh2009
corrected error

Lehkonen is fine on the third line.  He can provide 15 goals (as he's done in the past) and 35 points (as he's on pace for now) while also being one of the team's best defensive forwards and a key penalty killer. 

That's fine for his role and its more valuable than the small increase in points bjorkstrand might get (which is not even guaranteed to happen, thus far in his career he's been worse than lehkonen offensively) and bjorkstrand will no doubt, be worse defensively. 

While you need some offence from the third line, you also need them to be able to play against other teams strong players (especially when you don't have last change on the road) and to kill penalties. 

35 points without a lot of power play time is more than acceptable for his offensive game.  (He has 24 points in 50 games now, a 39 point pace over 82 games).

The Habs have Gallagher, Armia, Lehkonen, and Shaw on the right side. 

The issue isn't getting a 3rd line winger.  The issue is getting a top 6 guy who can play on the powerplay. 

If you want to trade one of them as part of a package to get a top 6 guy, Bergevin might consider that. 

If you want to trade Lehkonen in a lateral move for a guy with 3rd line offence and less defensive game, I cant see him doing that and I can't see Julien encouraging it either.  

As for that top 6 RW, they might just be waiting for Suzuki to grow into that role. 

1 hour ago, Habopotamus said:

Does anyone know what Lehkonen's primary and secondary assists look like? 

Corsica.hockey has that. 

Lehknonen has 18 primary points.... 

So he has 8 goals, 10 primary assists, and 6 secondary assists for 24 points in 50 games this year

He is 1.81 P1/60, and 2.42 P/60, which are both strong numbers. 

He is also 55% xGF and +2.37 relative xGF, showing he's a positive contributor. 

Saw this on reddit and thought the value might be fair:

Mete

Poehling

3rd

for

Gostisbehere

Pretty steep price to pay but we could be giving up what turn out to be middling assets for a potential first pair D man.  

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Corsica.hockey has that. 

Lehknonen has 18 primary points.... 

So he has 8 goals, 10 primary assists, and 6 secondary assists for 24 points in 50 games this year

He is 1.81 P1/60, and 2.42 P/60, which are both strong numbers. 

He is also 55% xGF and +2.37 relative xGF, showing he's a positive contributor. 

Thanks. That's pretty solid. 

1 hour ago, Neech said:

Saw this on reddit and thought the value might be fair:

Mete

Poehling

3rd

for

Gostisbehere

Pretty steep price to pay but we could be giving up what turn out to be middling assets for a potential first pair D man.  

Mete's offensive game might not be there on paper, but the last few games he's getting way more engaged.

For me, Mete is a guy I'm not trading 

4 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

Mete's offensive game might not be there on paper, but the last few games he's getting way more engaged.

Poehling was a beast at the world juniors.  He has size, and great hockey sense...not sure why they would part with him.  GOstisbehere is good but at 25 its is not a top pairing D that I would expect for that price.  When you consider the Druin trade. 

6 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

I fear he may be Yannick Weber II...without the point shot. But, the kid is young and doing fine, besides discussing goals, he will score...sometime.:P

3 hours ago, Richard09 said:

Poehling was a beast at the world juniors.  He has size, and great hockey sense...not sure why they would part with him.  GOstisbehere is good but at 25 its is not a top pairing D that I would expect for that price.  When you consider the Druin trade. 

Poehling is a big piece moving forward. Definitely julien's type of player too.

22 hours ago, Richard09 said:

If we are trading Poehling, I want something like Parayko back.

34 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

If we are trading Poehling, I want something like Parayko back.

Weber

Petry

Juulsen

Brook (can play LD)

That's the depth on our right side defense. We don't want Parayko for Poehling

On 1/22/2019 at 9:15 AM, DON said:

As realistic as Mete for Subban.

How bout swapping 20yr olds- Poehling for Jake Bean?

hey! I Never thought Subban was gonna get traded for a guy who was older and had Never won Norris when Subban had one under his belt already, so.... hein pas possible tu dit? ;)

(edit) i know my post was long winded but you shoulda kept reading, I kinda said what you did after that :D

• Like 1

I'm a bit of a Mete skeptic. To me, Weber is like Markov was - a guy who makes his partner look better than he is. Komisarek parlayed being paired with Markov into a huge UFA deal from idiot Toronto, and was promptly revealed to be human garbage. So let's see how Mete does partnered for a good long while with someone other than #6.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I'm a bit of a Mete skeptic. To me, Weber is like Markov was - a guy who makes his partner look better than he is. Komisarek parlayed being paired with Markov into a huge UFA deal from idiot Toronto, and was promptly revealed to be human garbage. So let's see how Mete does partnered for a good long while with someone other than #6.

Mete creates so much on his own, and is currently doing it against the other team's best players when he's partnered with Weber. He's either going to figure out the final piece of the puzzle, or he's going to be the most frustrating player to watch as a Habs fan. 

29 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Mete has looked great the past 6 or 7 games. He's be given the green light. The scoring is going to come. 

I honestly think that Mete helps Weber too. Mete is the guy chasing pucks in in the defensive zone. Weber can basically post up and kill anyone in front of the net.