Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

22 hours ago, Commandant said:

Ok, without even debating the PK/Weber trade (which i still say his a loss cause of age).  here are some losses.

- The 2017 trade deadline... Andrighetto for Martinsen, Draft picks for Ott and Dwight King.   (Didn't address team needs, gave away assets for players who didn't add to the team's offense), minor loss

- Andrew Shaw for 2 second rounders (Alex DeBrincat and Chad Krys).  I like Shaw but he overpaid. 

- Acquired Stefan Matteau, traded Devante Smith-Pelley (small loss, but a loss)

- acquired Parenteau and a fifth for Briere (Briere had 1 year left on his deal, Parenteau had 2, we ended up buying out Parenteau's second year). 

Overall he wins more than he loses, but no one is perfect and those are losses IMO.

I did say “won almost every trade he’s made”

with that said,

-andrighetto trade was a loss

The shaw trade was made simultaneously with the Eller trade almost as if a 3 way deal

-andrew shaW, ikonen, Harris, houde for Eller, debrincat, Krys

Probably still a loss today!

id also add that eller was already replaced in the line up by Danault at the previous deadline in a lopsided deal making him easily expendable

-briere was a UFA signing who retired the same year as Paranteaus buyout, Paranteau also went on to have successful seasons in TOR after the buyout. Also note they essentially finished that season with same amount of points with PA playing almost 10 less games!

Also the5th rounder included in the deal (Bradley) although the pick was a bust the compensation was there for the cash buyout. 

I’d say even

Smith pelly was a definite loss but I’d also add  the trade to get him was just as much a win!!

basically all this does is strengthen the case that MB wins almost every trade he makes!

59 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I did say “won almost every trade he’s made”

with that said,

The shaw trade was made simultaneously with the Eller trade almost as if a 3 way deal

-andrew shaW, ikonen, Harris, houde for Eller, debrincat, Krys

Probably still a loss today!

id also add that eller was already replaced in the line up by Danault at the previous deadline in a lopsided deal making him easily expendable

-briere was a UFA signing who retired the same year as Paranteaus buyout, Paranteau also went on to have successful seasons in TOR after the buyout. Also note they essentially finished that season with same amount of points with PA playing almost 10 less games!

Also the5th rounder included in the deal (Bradley) although the pick was a bust the compensation was there for the cash buyout. 

I’d say even

Smith pelly was a definite loss but I’d also add  the trade to get him was just as much a win!!

basically all this does is strengthen the case that MB wins almost every trade he makes!

I will only go as far as saying that he is ABOVE average, and if he has another goof summer this year he may move into the top-tier shelf for NHL GMs. But he not there yet.

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

with that said,

How so? Andrighetto had not a spot on Habs,  Aves sucked and had a spot for him and he has put up a whopping 16g in 108gms, so i would put in "who cares" catagory for a borderline NHL forward with all of 3g this year, likely bound for KHL or back to chocolate land very soon.

18 minutes ago, DON said:

How so? Andrighetto had not a spot on Habs,  Aves sucked and had a spot for him and he has put up a whopping 16g in 108gms, so i would put in "who cares" catagory for a borderline NHL forward with all of 3g this year, likely bound for KHL or back to chocolate land very soon.

16 goals are better than the 0 that was recieved in return.  I would have rather played Andrighetto on the 2017 team that couldn't score goals over Martinsen. 

Given that when Byron is healthy... one of Shaw/Byron ends up on the fourth line. 

then the rest of the fourth liners include Deslauriers, Thompson, Weise, Peca, and Hudon.  Plus there is the possibility of bringing in Poehling after the NCAA season. 

I don't see why we'd get any more 4th liners. 

• 2 weeks later...

Use our cap space and take on a bad contract to get an asset..

Oilers send Lucic (40% retained) and Puljujärvi to Montreal for Hudon and a draft pick??

is that Lucic contract too bad to take? 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Oilers send Lucic (40% retained) and Puljujärvi to Montreal for Hudon and a draft pick??

I have been thinking about that for a while. I don’t think the oilers would retain 40% though.

i think it would be a worthwhile gamble 

3 hours ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

The Lucic contract is pretty bad.  Don't forget the NMC.  If Lucic agrees to nullify his NMC I might do this deal minus the draft pick on Montreal's part.  Of course we all know that he isn't going to do that.

4 hours ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

I don't want the years on the Lucic deal 

I'd rather a shorter deal like taking Callahan from Tampa for something good 

• Like 1

I propose a firing not a trade. In 2004 we acquired Yuppi from the defunct Expos. What has he brought us since we hired him? Did the Expos ever get a championship with him? He is a disgrace to the uniform and I think it is past time to cut the cord and our loses. He holds zero trade value so waiver him and send him to Laval or just buy him out ad be done with it. 

I wonder what it would take to get Tolvanen out of Nashville.. young Finnish winger, put him beside Kotkaniemi for years!!

Could we justify trading Tatar + (I know he's been great for us.)

Is there a cap dump we could take from Nashville?

I've seen his name come up twice in the past few days but I would be disappointed if we traded Tatar. Period. 

13 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I've seen his name come up twice in the past few days but I would be disappointed if we traded Tatar. Period. 

Me too. Would be waste of a pick.

1 hour ago, Habopotamus said:

I would not be against Kovalchuk, strictly for his shot on the power play. 

What is LA paying Habs to take the overpaid washed up russian? Have to be a lot to eat $6.25 for 2 more years.

2 hours ago, DON said:

What is LA paying Habs to take the overpaid washed up russian? Have to be a lot to eat $6.25 for 2 more years.

Send them Alzner and call it even. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Habopotamus said:

Well, the Habs need to add something to help the PP. Could easily be the difference between a win and a loss.

They need a forward who thinks shot.  

Add something "in the off-season" to help the 2019-20 version of the PP I am all for. Another top-4 puck moving LH d-man would be a start.