Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

18 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Hahaha

Chance to get a number one centre, but nope, can't trade a left winger.

Am I missing something here or are we not already trading a LW in Pacioretty in the proposal, explain how that last part makes any sense? the other proposal is trading away 2 top Left wingers.

i'm simply implying I wouldn't go in with that offer, because it leaves us with Lehkonen and Byron on that side as the top guys. Is that not rational enough thinking? that you find the center you are looking for only to tell him he has no one to play with besides a  sophomore and a one time 20 goal scorer? Sounds like plugging a hole only to create a new one, then what we spend the next 3 years looking for a "Legitimate top line LW" for Tavares to play with, I can see it already.

Couple that with the possibility that maybe NYI doesn't want to take on a staked at one position offer, maybe they want balance in their top 6 as well. Also that proposal will also carry huge cap implications going forward for them. in 2 years it will be a lot cheaper to fit Pacioretty and Gallagher under their cap than Pacioretty and Galchenyuk. There are a lot of things to look at with a proposal like this that bring up a whole bunch of valid points.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, nihilz said:

lol for real.. For Tavares late picks, jeez. Pacioretty Galchenyuk Lindgren picks.. Done.

Since the Caps are strapped for cash what about Mitchell for Eller?

Lehkonen Tavares Vanek

Drouin Danault Gallagher

Byron Plekanec Shaw

delaRose Eller Hemsky

this line up makes no sense, you really want to have to deal with bringing back Vanek and Eller? Drouin on the second line? No Hudon even though he becomes our 3rd LW after you trade Pacioretty and Galchenyuk. No McCaron, we replace one of our young NHL prospects at a cheap cap hit on the 4th line for a 3.5 million dollar guy we already disliked before.

"Sorry John, we know we just traded away all the bonafide LWs you could have played with, but we would also like to take Drouin off your right side to replace him with Vanek....we are so happy you approved a trade to Montreal, hope you are too, bye John"

Dare I say Tavares would be even more improperly surrounded here as he was on the Island. But Hey at least we got our number 1 center right guys?!? guys?...

• Upvote 1

My guess is:

Drouin - Tavares - Galchenyuk

Hudon - Danault - Gallagher

Lehkonen - Plekanec - Shaw

Byron - De La Rose - Hemsky

Going to NYI would be: Pacioretty, McCarron, Scherbak, Davidson, 1st round pick, 2nd round pick

8 minutes ago, JGC21 said:

My guess is:

Going to NYI would be: Pacioretty, McCarron, Scherbak, Davidson, 1st round pick, 2nd round pick

I think snow finally gets fired if they don't resign Tavares and that franchise with all of its other issues (ie, arena) is in trouble as it is.  Last thing they can afford is to lose Tavares.  In the situation they are in I think Tavares is most likely can become the 2nd highest player in the league - if he wants to.

19 minutes ago, JGC21 said:

My guess is:

thats a great deal for us, which means they would probably hate it.

28 minutes ago, Link67 said:

It's a nice looking lineup but if people are arguing that we don't have any prospects in the cupboard, just look at that trade.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

So Tavares is unrealistic, but Draisaitl is realistic?

Got it. 

Islanders can't afford to let go of Tavares and will do whatever necessarybunless Tavares doesnt want to or finally gets fed up and refuses to sign (at which point snow is out of a job).

the oilers obviously want to keep Draisaitl, but if he gets an over $10m, it's going to be hard to commit that much - not saying they won't to it, but it's going to put a hell of a lot of pressure in them.

Unlike Chicago prior to their cup wins, there not going to have the benefit of having their two stars on reasonable deals (like towed and Kane were) and also have hossa and Keith on an affordable front loaded deals and seabrook on a fairly reasonable deal.  once they got their two stars signed to their mega deals, they've struggled.

the pens are spending under $18 on Crosby and Malkin, and didn't win a second cup until they got a guy like kessel at a discount via Toronto.

theve have the following commitments up front:

-McDavid $12.5m

-Lucic at $6m with a NMC for another 6 years

-RNH for 4 years at $6m (which they can probably move, but would probably move for a winger with maybe $1.5m less if a cap hit).

-pulljarvvi at just under $1m for two years, but may require a big bump if he pans out.

-there are no other quality forwards signed and they will need some wingers to score

They have $4.2m committed to talbot with a NMC who will require another deal in 2 years.

on D they have:

-klefbom signed to a decent contract at a little over $4m/6 years

-Sekera with a NMC signed for $5.5m for 4 years

-Larson at around $4.2m for 4 years 

-Russel with a NMC signed for $4m for 4 years 

-nurse who will be an RFa next year and depending on how he plays may require a big bump

so as it stands they have are are around $48m committed to 1 goalie, 4 dmen and 4 forwards and the only guys they can move are larsson (unlikely) and RNH (probably)

they need wingers and Nurse may need a big bump next year.  If they sign Draisaitl to $10.5m, that's around $58.5m with 5 forward positions and two dmen and a backup goalie required, plus a couple of extra roster players.

Last year's Finn puljarvi has the potential to be a superstar that can also command a big raise in two years and Nurse is also a wildcard.

with the cap starting to flatten out and the players becoming increasingly vocal about escrow, not sure if they can make it work for o be a cup contender.

islanders on the other hand at in survival mode - which may turn off Tavares.

11 hours ago, Link67 said:

Pacioretty is the only 'sure thing' in the trade which means either McCarron or Scherbak needs to be replaced eith either Gallagher or Lehkonen.  In any case, it would be a blockbuster that would have to benefit both teams.

On 6/28/2017 at 2:50 PM, dlbalr said:

He reportedly had one ready (or very close to it) a couple of years ago for Brandon Saad which wound up facilitating his trade to Columbus.

Brian you can't get your info from Don, he is a management guy.  Just kidding.

12 minutes ago, habs rule said:

Any  chance we could pry Shea Theodore out of Vegas? Since we can't develop players anyway give them a couple of 2nds

I think Vegas would rather keep Theodore and make him a long-term fixture on their blueline than take a couple of mid-late 2nd rounders.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

I think Vegas would rather keep Theodore and make him a long-term fixture on their blueline than take a couple of mid-late 2nd rounders.

Do we know what the future considerations they got are?

2 hours ago, habs rule said:

Do we know what the future considerations they got are?

Vegas agreeing to take Clayton Stoner's contract off their hands was the other part of the deal, they just did that part through the expansion draft.  Anaheim got cap relief basically.

21 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

i think we should sign Jagr... i know we should actually!

Jagr has dreamed of playing for us for a while now. 

Normally I'd be dead set against this as I don't think he'd fit in but I actually think there could be a bit of merit if he's willing to sign at a reasonable price.  I have my doubts that he's willing to sign for a considerably cheaper deal than the $5.5 million he got last year though.

That really sounds allegedly.

PS: Let's sign Jagr :habslogo:

8 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

That really sounds allegedly.

PS: Let's sign Jagr :habslogo:

I mean http://www.gohabsgo.com/2017/03/26/the-real-reason-why-jaromir-jagr-has-never-signed-/

Richard Labbé of La Presse was recently a guest on 98.1 FM CHOI and he revealed that Jagr and Bergevin did not get along at all when they were teammates on the Pittsburgh Penguins and there still could be some hard feelings between them.

Labbé even mentioned that Jagr reached out to Bergevin in summer of 2013, but the Habs general manager never called him back. Jagr went on to sign with the New Jersey Devils and scored 24 goals and 67 points while playing in all 82 games.

11 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Yep, no ego problem here :rolleyes: It's a business, except when it isn't.

49 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yep, no ego problem here :rolleyes: It's a business, except when it isn't.

The grunt Bargain bin  Bergevin not getting a along with a extremely talented and charismatic player - no surprise here.

36 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

The grunt Bargain bin  Bergevin not getting a along with a extremely talented and charismatic player - no surprise here.

Sad truth is that if Habs went with Pierre McGuire we still wouldn't get Jagr. He hated Pierre when he was an assistant coach in Pittsburgh.

Jagr in Montreal was never meant to be. 

18 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Sad truth is that if Habs went with Pierre McGuire we still wouldn't get Jagr. He hated Pierre when he was an assistant coach in Pittsburgh.

Jagr in Montreal was never meant to be. 

what i don't get is how in the hell did MB and Pierre become the front runners to be the GM of Montreal.  One is a loudmouth who didn't show any ability to successful in a leadership position.  He benefited from working under scotty bowman and it appears that his sucking up to bowman endeared him to bowman.  In Hartford he was hated by his players.  MB was one of many on the management team for Chicago.

Why are the Montreal FRIGGIN Canadiens - the most successful team of all time having to be a management training ground????  Hell Scotty Bowman had to leave the montreal canadiens to get his first NHL coaching opportunity.  Once he established himself as an NHL coach the brought him back in the fold.  

Now the Montreal Canadiens have become a French affirmative action program.    First coaching jobs for Mario friggin Tremblay (only head coaching job ever), Michel Therrien (two stints with Montreal and only coached one other NHL team), Alan Vigneault (really the only coach i liked of the bunch), Claude Julien (another one to get a repeat performance), Guy Carboneau (only coaching job ever).  We finally had a chance to hire someone who cut his teeth elsewhere in Guy Boucher, but MB passed on that opportunity.

ON the management side, since the days of carefully training for the GM role as we went from Selke to Pollack, we went to Grundman (should have been Pollack), Savard, Houle, Savard, Gainey, Gauthier to MB.    IMO the three worst on this list are Houle, MB and Grundman.

We should be hiring the best most experienced management team in the NHL.  Leafs finally figured it out, hopefully we will hire the best available management team rather than the ones that can just speak french.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Looks like Andrei really got along with him...

imagepng

Only two guys there play with the preds now!

whats up with that?

but that hats gotta go PK....