Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

41 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

There's no such thing as an 80 point plus #2 centre.  If someone gets 80 points, they're among the top 25 scorers in the league which is a front-liner, not a second-liner. 

One could argue that on a good season,  Washington have  Kuz and Backstrom at 75+.

5 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

One could argue that on a good season,  Washington have  Kuz and Backstrom at 75+.

And Crosby/Malkin in Pittsburgh as well.  No one is calling those players second-liners though.  If you can put up 70 or more points in a season, you're a front-line player (even if you're deployed on a second line).

4 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

Pens have Crosby and Malkin; it’s not that they have a 75 point #2 , it’s that these teams have two #1 centers. 

6 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

And Crosby/Malkin in Pittsburgh as well.  No one is calling those players second-liners though.  If you can put up 70 or more points in a season, you're a front-line player (even if you're deployed on a second line).

Ah, beat me to the punch

10 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

Ah, beat me to the punch

Or did you just want to sound as cool as Brian?.... 3 minutes later. :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Metallica said:

If you trade galchenyuk to a team that puts him in the right role, galchenyuk can be a 80pt plus number 2 center. I look at galchenyuk and see RNH.  I just don't want to give up on him knowing that we are not using him right.

Pacioretty plus one of our 2nd round pick And prospect should get us a #1 center.

If Buffalo doesn't bite, Calgary may want him.

Brody for a scoring winger that can complete Monahan or Backund. They need scoring 

1 hour ago, Habopotamus said:

I still think Galchenyuk is a 70pts player 

PLayers don't work like that; most have had their best offensive seasons by time are Galchneyuk's age (e.g. Crosby, Stamkos and Malkin).

No one goes from being a 45-55pt player and become a 70pt guy at 24-25. Might be someone, I cant think of anyone at moment. But don't expect it to happen.

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

To me it feels like we're dealing with a very talented player who is most comfortable down the middle.

Where do people get this idea from? And are we still going to beating this dead horse when he is 30?:wacko:

24 minutes ago, DON said:

PLayers don't work like that; most have had their best offensive seasons by time are Galchneyuk's age (e.g. Crosby, Stamkos and Malkin).

No one goes from being a 45-55pt player and become a 70pt guy at 24-25. Might be someone, I cant think of anyone at moment. But don't expect it to happen.

Brayden schenn and Couturier are those type of players. Marchand to an extent as well

But if a different situation, but even Marhessault. There are definitely quite a few examples of players developing later in their careers. I think Galchenyuk has a 70 point potential as well, although I’m not confident he’ll quite get there. 

I do bot think we can get a ROR or a Brody for Pacioretty and Some extra players without crippling the lineup. 

Trading Galchenyuk for a 60+ point center or a 1st pair LD would be the way to go in my humble opinion 

The thing with trading Galchenyuk is that he is the type of player that other GMs will try to steal for cheap, not pay a premium for. Nobody is giving up a #1c or top pairing defenseman for him. His value is diminished more than it should be because of how he has been viewed by Montreal and also wingers are more common. 

I want to live and die with him as a Hab 

1 hour ago, illWill said:

The thing with trading Galchenyuk is that he is the type of player that other GMs will try to steal for cheap, not pay a premium for. Nobody is giving up a #1c or top pairing defenseman for him. His value is diminished more than it should be because of how he has been viewed by Montreal and also wingers are more common. 

I want to live and die with him as a Hab 

Agreed, I would rather ride it out with Chuck as a Hab. He can still be a very good player for us. Would hate tell out on a young guy that obviously has a lot of talent.

Trade Pacioretty and keep Galchenyuk.  That’s how I see it.

I would also trade Shaw, Alzner, Schlemko, Benn and McCarron.  Throw in a couple of our second rounders and surely MB could get a decent LD.

11 minutes ago, JGC21 said:

I would also trade Shaw, Alzner, Schlemko, Benn and McCarron.  Throw in a couple of our second rounders and surely MB could get a decent LD.

How so?  Shaw has minimal value right now with his injury troubles, Alzner has negative value at this point probably, Schlemko was only worth a 5th last year and was coming off of a better season, Benn's maybe worth a 3rd, while McCarron is worth less than that.  Basically, the two second-rounders are the best pieces out of your package and those alone probably won't get a top-four left d-man.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

How so?  Shaw has minimal value right now with his injury troubles, Alzner has negative value at this point probably, Schlemko was only worth a 5th last year and was coming off of a better season, Benn's maybe worth a 3rd, while McCarron is worth less than that.  Basically, the two second-rounders are the best pieces out of your package and those alone probably won't get a top-four left d-man.

Don't forget the big reason why they wont be trading those guys......its because this management team thinks its just in these guys heads and that we are still a contender in this league. Which means we're not rebuilding this team, we are retooling it, so those guys are all staying. Just like Weber and Price aren't going anywhere. As long as we live by the notion that as long as Price plays out of his mind in all 82 games this organization will continue to use Price to hide our biggest teams holes, and will never do the right thing to improve the team.

5 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Marty St. Louis was 28 when he had his first 70 point season. 95 points in 200 games prior.

OK, are more examples than I guessed.:spamafote:

2 hours ago, Scott462 said:

Agreed, I would rather ride it out with Chuck as a Hab. He can still be a very good player for us. Would hate tell out on a young guy that obviously has a lot of talent.

And just like that he gets traded for Max Domi...

so Domi is gonna get traded for Hanifin? I was thinking Chucky but okay sure if that is what Dudley wants ;)

20 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

And just like that he gets traded for Max Domi...

I hope I haven't jinxed the Habs .... sheesh, never thought I was so off in evaluating the value of Galchenyuk.

It wont be fun being a habs fan for a while :/

7 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I hope I haven't jinxed the Habs .... sheesh, never thought I was so off in evaluating the value of Galchenyuk.

It wont be fun being a habs fan for a while :/

You weren't off. Our GM was.

The only way to watch this team now is as a comedy act. 

4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

You weren't off. Our GM was.

The only way to watch this team now is as a comedy act. 

I hope there is more to this trade, maybe they swap  draft pick and Montreal gets something more from the Coyotes.