Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

24 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Thats actually a decent offer imo.

Honka has better pedigree in terms of draft status but Hudon has more success at the NHL level.

It seems pretty clear that Hudon is not in the plans, so turning him into a D seems like a smart move.

PK rumors don't seem to going the way side

#6 is got the "leadership" down, so would this not be a better team for #76?

(imho) I don't think #76 "attitude" was a problem.

I think it might hv been something else he was born with and not this character, attitude or whatever drivel they puked out to justify the trade :/

but if ppl are thinking that RD is okay to go get. Then bring PK back by the "big door". I even heard that 4 x 1st round picks for Marner (mk a trade and not offer sheet, maybe can sign less then 10.5/per year) is okay.

This Team lost its Draymond Green and now it ain't got a heart just lk the tin man.

I just know that #76 is better on CH blue line then a Bunch other ppl on that line right now. The Man probably would "love" to b back (maybe), the Team would b better off with him on this blue line then against AND I Really don't like Drouin, with the Trash; Out PLZ!!!!

(now Mr. Drouin if u can, Go on prove u better then my glitch fingers on keyboard, plz do, u killed all my hopes of that in last 2years.)

Maybe Mr. Drouin has too much pressure but diamonds just remain sand and graphite without pressure. This is MountReal and errbobby see u fake AF!!!! 

thank you for letting me get that off my chest (and bras), OUFFF that feel better!!! :) 

Zaitsev has requested a trade from the Leafs. I don't think we're interested in an underperforming RD at $4.5M for five more years, even if he came with some other player to make the cap hit worthwhile.

But this might ease the market for defencemen a little bit, if someone believes that Zaitsev can get to where he was in the first two of his three seasons (almost 0.5 PPG). Maybe.

14 hours ago, ehjay said:

thank you for letting me get that off my chest (and bras), OUFFF that feel better!!! :) 

Ya lost me from the start, but get an 'A' for effort. :clap:

14 hours ago, ehjay said:

PK rumors don't seem to going the way side

#6 is got the "leadership" down, so would this not be a better team for #76?

First, I just can't see Bergevin making a trade for Subban.

And second, if we were to invest $9M in a defenceman, it better on the left side.

I’ve heard rumblings about the habs acquiring Nick Leddy. Left shooting d man who has been known to put up 40+ points. I think his down year last year might have been in part to a low scoring Islanders team. 

Leddy would immediately slit into our top 4, likely with Weber as one of our top d men. I think he could return to the 40 point guy in a higher scoring system. 

What would it take?

14 hours ago, DON said:

Ya lost me from the start, but get an 'A' for effort. :clap:

lolll but ima Captain like Morgan lolllll

13 hours ago, tomh009 said:

First, I just can't see Bergevin making a trade for Subban.

And second, if we were to invest $9M in a defenceman, it better on the left side.

Then I trade MB for him ;)

2 hours ago, Meller93 said:

I’ve heard rumblings about the habs acquiring Nick Leddy. Left shooting d man who has been known to put up 40+ points. I think his down year last year might have been in part to a low scoring Islanders team. 

Leddy would immediately slit into our top 4, likely with Weber as one of our top d men. I think he could return to the 40 point guy in a higher scoring system. 

What would it take?

The Analytics show a huge drop off in Leddy's game at both ends of the ice which starts in December 2017 and continues to now.  Over the last season and a half, he's nowhere close to the defenceman he was the previous 4 seasons. 

Buyer beware here. 

I'd want to know why he's fallen off a cliff.  He's just 28. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

The Analytics show a huge drop off in Leddy's game at both ends of the ice which starts in December 2017 and continues to now.  Over the last season and a half, he's nowhere close to the defenceman he was the previous 4 seasons. 

Buyer beware here. 

I'd want to know why he's fallen off a cliff.  He's just 28. 

It does happen to some players. Paul Mara was a 45-point defenceman whose production suddenly cratered around 26 or 27 and never returned. Gomez was older (31) but he evaporated extremely quickly at a relatively young age, for no obviously discernable reason. Those two examples leap to mind because of the Habs connection but I'm sure there are many others. I don't know if it's because the game shifts and leaves a guy behind, or if a guy loses confidence and never recovers, or loses his drive - whatever. But it's an interesting phenomenon.

29 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

It does happen to some players. Paul Mara was a 45-point defenceman whose production suddenly cratered around 26 or 27 and never returned. Gomez was older (31) but he evaporated extremely quickly at a relatively young age, for no obviously discernable reason. Those two examples leap to mind because of the Habs connection but I'm sure there are many others. I don't know if it's because the game shifts and leaves a guy behind, or if a guy loses confidence and never recovers, or loses his drive - whatever. But it's an interesting phenomenon.

Leddy is a heck of a skater (still) so i dont think thats it. 

For whatever reason, he's giving up way more quality shots against then he was before. 
He's generating way less shots at the offensive end. 
And on the RH side.  It doesn't matter who he is paired with... his partner does better when not paired with Leddy than when paired with him.

All of this is true since Dec 2017. 

So I'd be really weary of giving up assets for him.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Meller93 said:

What would it take?

Leddy just doesn't fit the need here, we need to acquire the kind of LD that makes it a no brainer, no discussion, to whether or not He or Mete are better off on the top pair, anything less, and you might as well just stick with status quo, which we obviously don't want.

What we ideally want to find is a guy who bumps Mete with Petry, and Kulak down to solidify the 3rd pair, no rolling the dice, no "Our Compliments" brand top 4 LD. Another Petry type of guy who shoots left would be great, something slightly less would be acceptable, either way, I am hoping that is the kind of hunt we are on.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Link67 said:

Leddy just doesn't fit the need here, we need to acquire the kind of LD that makes it a no brainer, no discussion, to whether or not He or Mete are better off on the top pair, anything less, and you might as well just stick with status quo, which we obviously don't want.

What we ideally want to find is a guy who bumps Mete with Petry, and Kulak down to solidify the 3rd pair, no rolling the dice, no "Our Compliments" brand top 4 LD. Another Petry type of guy who shoots left would be great, something slightly less would be acceptable, either way, I am hoping that is the kind of hunt we are on.

On the rumoured names I want Jake Gardiner, Cam Fowler, or Shayne Gostisbehere

• Like 1

Other names who interest me.

Minnesota is trading Jason Zucker. 

I also get the feeling that Paul Fenton is new to the Chiarelli/Dorion club

So I'd like to get a guy who is a regular 20 goal scorer (and put up 30 in 2017-18), and is strong at both ends and a good possession player, who is 5.5 million for the next 4 years at a discount in a trade. 

Jake Bean for something.

20 yr old, LH and Carolina i think have enough d already and may want a forward like ??

Pretty good AHL rookie year- 13g 44pts in 70gms

We are wasting Weber's and Price's careers if we keep standing pat every year. For the first time in a long time we have a offense. What we are lacking is quality defensemen.

We finally have a tradeable 1st round pick along with 2 2nd round picks. We have the right trade value to pull off a trade for a top LD. I don't want to see them move up in the draft our make a pick.

Now is the time to go all in. Its a deep UFA pool we have the cap space we have the picks. Lets fix this d core, add some ufa's and make a run.

1 hour ago, Metallica said:

We finally have a tradeable 1st round pick along with 2 2nd round picks. We have the right trade value to pull off a trade for a top LD. I don't want to see them move up in the draft our make a pick.

Now is the time to go all in. Its a deep UFA pool we have the cap space we have the picks. Lets fix this d core, add some ufa's and make a run.

It's a very shallow UFA pool as far as LD goes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

On the rumoured names I want Jake Gardiner, Cam Fowler, or Shayne Gostisbehere

Can we realistically make a decent deal with the Flyers to get Gostisbehere?

30 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

It's a very shallow UFA pool as far as LD goes.

Thats why you trade for one. 1st round pick and 2nd round pick along with prospect will get you a top LD. 

27 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Can we realistically make a decent deal with the Flyers to get Gostisbehere?

Our 1st round pick has high trade value at 15. So I think we can make a trade for him. Offer up a 1st and 2nd or even both 2nd round picks with the first for him. As long as we don't have to trade any of our young centers.

22 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Our 1st round pick has high trade value at 15. So I think we can make a trade for him. Offer up a 1st and 2nd or even both 2nd round picks with the first for him. As long as we don't have to trade any of our young centers.

Of course a 2C is probably what the Flyers would be looking for. That would mean giving up either Domi or Tatar ...

43 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Of course a 2C is probably what the Flyers would be looking for. That would mean giving up either Domi or Tatar ...

No it doesn't,  i don't think they are. They are deep at center..... Giroux, Patrick, Couturier is their top 3. They're probably going to want picks and prospects or a top LW/RW. I can see them maybe asking for Tatar and a 1st for gostisbehere . If that's the case I would do it, because as for winger's its a deep UFA class so we can get someone to replace Tatar . The cap hit is almost the same so we would still have money to get a top winger. Simmons could Be a great fit.

Simmons / Danault  / Gallagher 

Byron   / Domi  / Drouin 

Lehkonen  / Kotkaniemi  / Armia 

Weal  / Thompson  / Shaw 

Gostisbehere  / Weber 

Ufa  / Petry 

Mete  / kulak 

With the addition of Simmons and gostisbehere our pp would be much better.

3 hours ago, Metallica said:

No it doesn't,  i don't think they are. They are deep at center..... Giroux, Patrick, Couturier is their top 3. They're probably going to want picks and prospects or a top LW/RW. I can see them maybe asking for Tatar and a 1st for gostisbehere . If that's the case I would do it, because as for winger's its a deep UFA class so we can get someone to replace Tatar . The cap hit is almost the same so we would still have money to get a top winger. Simmons could Be a great fit.

Simmons / Danault  / Gallagher 

Byron   / Domi  / Drouin 

Lehkonen  / Kotkaniemi  / Armia 

Weal  / Thompson  / Shaw 

Gostisbehere  / Weber 

Ufa  / Petry 

Mete  / kulak 

With the addition of Simmons and gostisbehere our pp would be much better.

Giroux is not a centre anymore. 

Couturier is the Flyers #1. Patrick played #2, but only put up ~30 points.  He is still just 20. The Flyers need a #2, to move Patrick to #3 and let him continue to develop. 

That said the Flyers are likely to be in on trying to sign Kevin Hayes in UFA, so they may not be desperate for Cs in a trade, though they are likely to look for forwards. They also have Morgan Frost as one of their top prospects and are picking 11th in the draft. 

As for Simmonds, I'd stay far, far away.  The guy is declining and is going to get overpaid.  He's another Lucic contract waiting to happen. Guys who play as physical as he does, the body breaks down. He'll be 31 before next season.  No way am I giving him the money and term needed to sign him as a UFA. 

As for our team.  After searching for years and years and years to fix the centre issue, no way I'm trading Domi. 

8 hours ago, Commandant said:

Giroux is not a centre anymore. 

Couturier is the Flyers #1. Patrick played #2, but only put up ~30 points.  He is still just 20. The Flyers need a #2, to move Patrick to #3 and let him continue to develop. 

That said the Flyers are likely to be in on trying to sign Kevin Hayes in UFA, so they may not be desperate for Cs in a trade, though they are likely to look for forwards. They also have Morgan Frost as one of their top prospects and are picking 11th in the draft. 

As for Simmonds, I'd stay far, far away.  The guy is declining and is going to get overpaid.  He's another Lucic contract waiting to happen. Guys who play as physical as he does, the body breaks down. He'll be 31 before next season.  No way am I giving him the money and term needed to sign him as a UFA. 

As for our team.  After searching for years and years and years to fix the centre issue, no way I'm trading Domi. 

I wouldn't trade Domi either. But I would trade Tatar if they were asking for him. Simply because of the deep forward class of free agent's this year.