Jump to content
dlbalr

Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

Recommended Posts

Lehkonen has played RW in the past too, right?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, lazy26 said:

Lehkonen has played RW in the past too, right?

 

Yes.  I expect him to get a chance to fill shaws spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If bergevin adds a forward, he adds a guy who is a PP threat.  He could be any position... but hes gonna need a PP threat.

 

Byron, drouin, lehkonen can all play both wings so wing doesnt matter.  If your addition is  lw, then one of those moves to rw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Habber31 said:

Dude got jacked 

 

Playing 3 years in college allowed Poehling to mature physically.  He is ready. I will be very surprised if he doesn't make the team.  Suzuki and Brook will most likely spend some time in Laval. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

 

Playing 3 years in college allowed Poehling to mature physically.  He is ready. I will be very surprised if he doesn't make the team.  Suzuki and Brook will most likely spend some time in Laval. 

Ya, seems like that will be the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To Mtl:

 

Laine

 

To Wpg

 

Gallagher

Romanov

2nd

 

This trade would obviously hurt a lot, but Laine is a potential Richard trophy winner.  Is this enough for Winnipeg?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Neech said:

To Mtl:

 

Laine

 

To Wpg

 

Gallagher

Romanov

2nd

 

This trade would obviously hurt a lot, but Laine is a potential Richard trophy winner.  Is this enough for Winnipeg?  

 

That's an interesting trade. I don't think Winnipeg makes it because I think they want to win now but it would help them from a salary cap point of view. I love Gallagher but you would be trading him at a time when his value is high.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have trouble seeing Winnipeg being in "win now" mode when their blueline has been decimated. My guess is that this would be a transitional season for them.

 

Total side-note here, but I was surprised to learn that Gallagher is 27 :o I guess, because he came up with Galchenyuk, I irrationally tend to think of him as about Galy's age - as a kid only now coming to maturity. But of course he came up at a later age than Galy. It's kind of amazing, when you're an old codger like myself, to contemplate the speed with which the average NHLer's career comes and goes. Gally has already been part of one young up-and-coming Habs team that went to crap and has a chance to be part of, at most, one more such team before he's likely done. By and large, these careers are mayflies.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Neech said:

This trade would obviously hurt a lot, but Laine is a potential Richard trophy winner.  Is this enough for Winnipeg?

Cool, a realistic proposal.:clap:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

 

That's an interesting trade. I don't think Winnipeg makes it because I think they want to win now but it would help them from a salary cap point of view. I love Gallagher but you would be trading him at a time when his value is high.  

 

 

Make it a 1st and they likely go for it, are we willing to do it? That's the question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so if Laine woud take what Neech said what about a counter of :

to MTL;

Connor

to WIN:

Drouin

Juulsen

2x 2nd

would that work? I would rather not give up Romanov. Being in same position next year with no "blue chip" prospect on LD seems like a major loss.

 

(edit) a downvote for a question? when I am going of another proposal above??  wow ok! I must have offended some1 core. Sorry  you and I are Snoflakes :(

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, ehjay said:

so if Laine woud take what Neech said what about a counter of :

to MTL;

Connor

to WIN:

Drouin

Juulsen

2x 2nd

would that work? I would rather not give up Romanov. Being in same position next year with no "blue chip" prospect on LD seems like a major loss.

 

Connor is a legitimate top-line player.  The package you're sending doesn't have anything like that - Drouin's value is probably at an all-time low given how badly he finished the season, Juulsen's is also down after missing so much time, and a pair of seconds doesn't amount to much either.  To get Connor, it would probably take a better player, a better prospect, and a better pick.  People talk about how good of a scorer Laine is - Connor outscored him last season.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ehjay said:

so if Laine woud take what Neech said what about a counter of :

to MTL;

Connor

to WIN:

Drouin

Juulsen

2x 2nd

would that work? I would rather not give up Romanov. Being in same position next year with no "blue chip" prospect on LD seems like a major loss.

And back into fantasyland proposals. :angry:

Why would Jets even consider this, or even moving Connor (67g in 1st two years)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it would be more for Laine as he is a top scoring threat in the league. I didn't know Drouin didn't count as a top line player in the league, sure he didn't have a great season last year but it wasn't bad, right? He still young and seems willing and able to get his game at another level. I like Drouin, I just think sometimes he sits on his hands and forgets to skate into the corner 1st, kinda like Laine come to think of it.

My bad guys :/

I still don't think MB should even think of trading Romanov, LD side is Way too Weak imho. Rebuild/retool whatever LD is part of the needs for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ehjay said:

I thought it would be more for Laine as he is a top scoring threat in the league. I didn't know Drouin didn't count as a top line player in the league, sure he didn't have a great season last year but it wasn't bad, right? He still young and seems willing and able to get his game at another level. I like Drouin, I just think sometimes he sits on his hands and forgets to skate into the corner 1st, kinda like Laine come to think of it.

My bad guys :/

I still don't think MB should even think of trading Romanov, LD side is Way too Weak imho. Rebuild/retool whatever LD is part of the needs for it.

 

Drouin could become a top liner one day but he isn't one with the Habs so he isn't going to be perceived as one around the league.  He ended on a low (terrible) note and then had surgery so teams won't be lining up for him right now.  With four years left on what currently looks like an above-market deal based on his production, this isn't the time to move him if you're looking for top value in return.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ehjay said:

so if Laine woud take what Neech said what about a counter of :

to MTL;

Connor

to WIN:

Drouin

Juulsen

2x 2nd

would that work? I would rather not give up Romanov. Being in same position next year with no "blue chip" prospect on LD seems like a major loss.

 

If you are not willing to give up blue chip prospects, how do you hope to get someone else's top line talent?

 

2nd rounders and 2nd line players are not what you have to package together in any circumstance to acquire the Laine's and the Connor's of this world. It has to be 1st rounders and top 5 organizational prospects, anything less and you are just getting hung up on.

 

For a Connor or a Laine, you have to be prepared to offer Drouin or Gallagher, a 1st round pick, and Romanov. There is no conversation on either front without a serious proposal of the sort. If you are willing or not to make that kind of offer, determines whether you would or wouldn't acquire those types of players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think now is the time to trade any of our top core players.

 

If teams are asking for Gallagher or Domi, I think the better decision is to pass unless they are willing to overpay. These guys are too important to the org at this point.

 

Even Drouin it’s better not to sell low on him, I still have faith in the lad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is getting rid of gallagher romanov and a 2nd for Laine smart?

 

How did that deal work out for Vegas?

Patches for Tatar suzuki and a 2nd?

 

And I get it that Laine is another level of goalscorer and 5 years the younger...

 

I think I'd just like to build this roster Internally at this point and let the smart  cap management continue.

 

 

The general Markov is growing on me though.

 

1 million

Plus bonuses is that doable 40 year olds

 

1 million +65 games

1 million +18 minutes

1million + 45 points

 

4million worth it...

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ehjay said:

I thought it would be more for Laine as he is a top scoring threat in the league. I didn't know Drouin didn't count as a top line player in the league, sure he didn't have a great season last year but it wasn't bad, right? He still young and seems willing and able to get his game at another level. I like Drouin, I just think sometimes he sits on his hands and forgets to skate into the corner 1st, kinda like Laine come to think of it.

My bad guys :/

I still don't think MB should even think of trading Romanov, LD side is Way too Weak imho. Rebuild/retool whatever LD is part of the needs for it.

 

The Jets are happier with Connor than Laine right now. 

 

That isn't meant to say Laine will be cheap, he won't.   Its to say Connor will cost even more than Laine. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2019 at 1:48 PM, Link67 said:

 

If you are not willing to give up blue chip prospects, how do you hope to get someone else's top line talent?

 

2nd rounders and 2nd line players are not what you have to package together in any circumstance to acquire the Laine's and the Connor's of this world. It has to be 1st rounders and top 5 organizational prospects, anything less and you are just getting hung up on.

 

For a Connor or a Laine, you have to be prepared to offer Drouin or Gallagher, a 1st round pick, and Romanov. There is no conversation on either front without a serious proposal of the sort. If you are willing or not to make that kind of offer, determines whether you would or wouldn't acquire those types of players.

 

Well then, I like this :) I would be okay with 2x 1st, Drouin and any 2 D not named Romanov (or #6) for K.Connor

(edit) but no 1st next year as the draft in MTL

 

On 9/2/2019 at 6:22 PM, Commandant said:

 

The Jets are happier with Connor than Laine right now. 

 

That isn't meant to say Laine will be cheap, he won't.   Its to say Connor will cost even more than Laine. 

Thank you, thanks to you and Dlbair ( and Link67 and DON) its more clear for me the "true cost" :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am wondering why nobody, namely Montreal, hasn't put an offersheet in on Laine? Cost would be high but probably later 1st rounder not elite scorers. 

 

Also heard Stone was bought out and resigned for cap saving. How is that allowed? Leafs and Jets could theoretically do the same with a player and create room. Another loophole found? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

I am wondering why nobody, namely Montreal, hasn't put an offersheet in on Laine? Cost would be high but probably later 1st rounder not elite scorers. 

 

Also heard Stone was bought out and resigned for cap saving. How is that allowed? Leafs and Jets could theoretically do the same with a player and create room. Another loophole found? 

 

1) The Habs don't have the cap space to give Laine an offer sheet at an amount that he'd sign for.  Winnipeg doesn't appear to have an appetite to trade him just yet either.

 

2)  This one surprised me as well but the way the CBA is written, only those bought out with compliance buyouts (the post-CBA cap free ones) are prohibited from re-signing for a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So without me trying to figure that out, who if anyone could montreal do that with? If you say Alzner I will kiss you, but he should be bought out regardless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

So without me trying to figure that out, who if anyone could montreal do that with? If you say Alzner I will kiss you, but he should be bought out regardless. 

 

Its a risk.  If you buy someone out they become an unrestricted free agent able to sign with any team. 

 

You also have POTENTIALLY soured the relationship with them.  Imagine your boss coming to you with this plan which is essentially a pay cut for you. 

 

There is a reason that the bought out player rarely re-signs with the same team that bought him out.  In fact Stone is the only case i can think of, and it has some unique circumstances including his replacement on the Calgary Blueline tearing his ACL in an off-season accident after the buyout and Calgary now being a defenceman short because of the injury.   Its not something most teams do. 

 

I also note that Montreal (or any team) can't buy anyone out now.  The buyout windows are closed and won't open again until after the cup final. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...