Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

7 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Commandant, you are better at evaluating prospects. I did not know about Timmins' concussion history. 

Domi for 1st round pick in 2020, Werner and either Graves or Zadorov would work for me. For Byram COL may ask too much but I would consider it if within reach.

I want that 20s 1st round pick in 2020 and a 24 year old LD. I also want a goalie to replace Kinkaid and McNiven 

Graves is a guy who hasnt been a full time NHLer til this season.  Im not sure hes that good.  I think his results are from playing with Makar.

Zadorovs possession numbers suggest a third pairing guy, not a true top 4.

Neither is a puck moving d.  Both are better known for size and blocked shots and hits.  Neither is fast.

If you want a d id go after for domi... itd be someone more in the style of Dumba.

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

In Domi's case I would take Timmins and the 1st without question

I would try and move Domi and Tatar (retain half salary) for the Avs 1st, 2nd next year and Bryam 

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I would try and move Domi and Tatar (retain half salary) for the Avs 1st, 2nd next year and Bryam 

Ya, like thats gonna happen.

I’m hoping Domi’s here for awhile. 🙂

1 hour ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I’m hoping Domi’s here for awhile. 🙂

Ditto and I highly doubt is going anywhere...maybe in off-season he is dealt, but kinda hope other winger(s) are dealt instead.

2 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Why not, MB traded Sergechev for less.

Considering Sakic has already said his top prospects aren't being moved (of which Byram is their top prospect) and would prefer to not trade his first-rounder (though he's not opposed if he had to), I think that's more than enough of a reason to think such a proposal isn't going to happen.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

It wont happen

But h29 will complain for years that Bergevin could have done this but didnt.

And in three years from now you’ll probably be saying we should be given bergevin 3.0 another chance.

2 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

And in three years from now you’ll probably be saying we should be given bergevin 3.0 another chance.

If Molson fires just Bergy or Bergy&Julien in April, no one (non insider) could say is unfair.

Maybe are better options out there that fit the Quebec mold (french or bilingual).

But, i get feeling Molson is allowing Bergevin more rope till see's how near future turns out, or is enough local and media pressure to force his hand.

I thinkall know if miss next playoffs or two, that Bergevin will be long gone, if isnt fired this spring.

I think MB has an opportunity this year to make some really meaningful trades and if the other trades are an indication (the other NHL trades) then we could do very well.

I think this deadline and off season will make or break him.

I hold hope that the Scandella trade was the first home run of a few coming up. Scandella was genius asset management and the opportunity seems to be there for more like it.

13 hours ago, DON said:

If Molson fires just Bergy or Bergy&Julien in April, no one (non insider) could say is unfair.

Maybe are better options out there that fit the Quebec mold (french or bilingual).

But, i get feeling Molson is allowing Bergevin more rope till see's how near future turns out, or is enough local and media pressure to force his hand.

I thinkall know if miss next playoffs or two, that Bergevin will be long gone, if isnt fired this spring.

I will be amazed if he’s fired this spring, but would have no real issue if it did happen. You’re right that another playoff miss next year is unacceptable (although therein lies danger - GMs desperate to make the playoffs are liable to flip prospects for ‘help now’)

Why is next year make or break for the playoffs? 

4 out of 5 missing for MB isn't enough? 

CJ will have missed 6 out of 7 years, he took over a first place habs team for his only playoffs with he habs 

what's one more year going to do? 

Kotkaniemi, Fleury, New backup goalie, Suzuki, Drouin, Weber-Chiarot, new Top 4 LD, Armia, etc = the new core will need to deliver a convincing playoff run or MB will be fired for not delivering despite being given so many chances

This year was shot by sub-par Price in November, injuries and a core that still had Reilly and tried Olofsson. Not enough NHL level D-depth 

5 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Kotkaniemi, Fleury, New backup goalie, Suzuki, Drouin, Weber-Chiarot, new Top 4 LD, Armia, etc = the new core will need to deliver a convincing playoff run or MB will be fired for not delivering despite being given so many chances

This year was shot by sub-par Price in November, injuries and a core that still had Reilly and tried Olofsson. Not enough NHL level D-depth 

Reilly was part of the "core"? He of 14 games? Olofsson? Played 3 games? Scandella played in more games! I get D was an issue this year, but listing a career 7th as a core player is a bit silly.

42 minutes ago, huzer said:

Reilly was part of the "core"? He of 14 games? Olofsson? Played 3 games? Scandella played in more games! I get D was an issue this year, but listing a career 7th as a core player is a bit silly.

my error on my own post. Reilly was not core but was considered part of the Defensive group. I liked the guy as a #7, but he was not good enough for a full time job in the NHL. IHe seems to be helping the Sens tank by playing lots of minutes there (TOI 19.28)

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Why is next year make or break for the playoffs? 

4 out of 5 missing for MB isn't enough? 

CJ will have missed 6 out of 7 years, he took over a first place habs team for his only playoffs with he habs

what's one more year going to do? 

To be honest, I think we have a 2 year window to try and win a cup.

Here's why 

Gallagher, Tatar, Armia, Petry and Danault their contracts are all up in 2 years. Plus add to that an older Weber and Price.

So if we don't try and win the cup in the next to years, this team could be going through another rebuild.

Nope, I do not think we will be contenders in the next 2 years. I think contending is 3-4 years away and at that time Price will probably be a backup and Weber a 3rd pairing D

Would Edmonton take Kovalchuk for Puljujarvi? Seems like a trade that could work out without the Habs accumulating a third round pick or so. Not sure if Puljujarvi is working out in Europe or if he's even worth much at this point.