Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

It's not terrible... I mean the Leafs are playing a really rough and tumble style of hockey that's proving to be very successful, Kadri is finally showing he's the real deal and Kostka is THE feel good story of the yea-oh my god WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME?!?!?!?

HAHAHAHA

I see Scotty is lighting it up after 10 games....... 0 goals 2 ass -3 Well worth the money.

I noticed that too. I guess he really is finished. To this day, I don't know where his game went, but it doesn't look like it's coming back.

I noticed that too. I guess he really is finished. To this day, I don't know where his game went, but it doesn't look like it's coming back.

He was on San Jose's PP unit the other night and they really liked him there.

He isn't getting much top six time and he's the type of player who really shouldn't be on a fourth line.

I see Scotty is lighting it up after 10 games....... 0 goals 2 ass -3 Well worth the money.

Whatabout Cammalleri? I enjoy watching ex-Habs stink it up!

Oh Cammy.. I wish he would have stuck around.. he was so good in that playoff run...

If Bourque (uncharacteristically) keeps up his strong play as a power forward when he gets back, we are huge winners in the deal because of cap savings. That said, we still should have got a better return for Cammalleri, despite the lunatic position of some around here that he is a mediocre player. And we would have gotten a better return if dealing him had been approached as a matter of maximizing assets rather than frantically 'getting rid' of a player who refused to drink the Gauthier Kool-Aid.

If Bourque (uncharacteristically) keeps up his strong play as a power forward when he gets back, we are huge winners in the deal because of cap savings. That said, we still should have got a better return for Cammalleri, despite the lunatic position of some around here that he is a mediocre player. And we would have gotten a better return if dealing him had been approached as a matter of maximizing assets rather than frantically 'getting rid' of a player who refused to drink the Gauthier Kool-Aid.

I'm not sure we won the trade, regardless of the cap savings. Cammy is a top notch scorer who desired winning... The kind of players you need to win.

CAmmy with more goals tonight.

he has got 8 goals now, despite missing time with injuries.

Gionta has looked better the last few games, but i really don't see us being tough enough with 3 small guys in the top 6. He still plays hard, but Gionta and Kaberle are two guys i think we should be trying to move.

I wonder if the Oilers would want him for leadership - I'd love to take a flyer on Paajarvi, who has been inconsistent, but still looked a lot better this year then last year.

I'm not sure we won the trade, regardless of the cap savings. Cammy is a top notch scorer who desired winning... The kind of players you need to win.

Hey, I'm a big Cammy defender and think he mostly got a raw deal from the commentariat around here. But Bourque, playing the way he was playing before his injury, brought a dimension this team really needed, i.e., another power forward, and a perfect linemate for Pleks. In terms of organizational need and saving $3 mil in cap space, you can argue it's a win for us even though Cammy is back in form. The problem for me with this trade is that is was terrible asset management and that Bourque probably will not consistently play like that, if and when he comes back.

If we kept Cammy, can we really ice a top six consisting of:

Cammy

Gionta

Desharnais

Gallagher

Add in Plex and Cole/Ryder - yikes!

Better to have Bourque and his $3M/yr less than Cammy salary which we used to sign Prust. :)

If we kept Cammy, can we really ice a top six consisting of:

Cammy

Gionta

Desharnais

Gallagher

Add in Plex and Cole/Ryder - yikes!

Better to have Bourque and his $3M/yr less than Cammy salary which we used to sign Prust. :)

Things have worked out in the end but I still wish we didn't treat Cammalleri like crap. Trading him mid-game and Gauthier telling him he had to buy his last sweater back was so classless. Especially for a guy who was a marvel for us in the post-season twice.

Brendan Gallagher has pretty much replaced him for me but he's a player I'll follow off the Habs now (similar to following Damphousse as a Shark).

Things have worked out in the end but I still wish we didn't treat Cammalleri like crap. Trading him mid-game and Gauthier telling him he had to buy his last sweater back was so classless. Especially for a guy who was a marvel for us in the post-season twice.

Brendan Gallagher has pretty much replaced him for me but he's a player I'll follow off the Habs now (similar to following Damphousse as a Shark).

Pretty childish for Cammy to let that leak, furthermore I think he could afford a jersey or two, who's to say the money wasn't going to the canadiens children's foundation.

Love what he did in the run to the east finals but will be fun to watch him play for a horrible flames team.

I agree, that mid-game trade was weird and if you asked me would I trade Cammy for Bourque & Prust I probably would've said no. Funny how things work out?

Cammy was super popular here, you can tell because I still see quite a few Cammy jerseys worn at games.

I agree, that mid-game trade was weird and if you asked me would I trade Cammy for Bourque & Prust I probably would've said no. Funny how things work out?

Cammy was super popular here, you can tell because I still see quite a few Cammy jerseys worn at games.

The man is charismatic, and everyone loves a sniper.

Do you think Bergevin needs to make a move to get another Prust-type player? Or is Prust, Moen and White good enough?

I still say the Habs need more size on the blue line. Is Hal Gill available as a stop-gap until Tinordi is ready?

Or would another skilled forward be better? TSN's tradecentre special airs tonight - what do the Habs need?

Do you think Bergevin needs to make a move to get another Prust-type player? Or is Prust, Moen and White good enough?

I still say the Habs need more size on the blue line. Is Hal Gill available as a stop-gap until Tinordi is ready?

Or would another skilled forward be better? TSN's tradecentre special airs tonight - what do the Habs need?

Size at center ice even if it's for the 3rd line(Antropov?) and a veteran shut down defenseman(Aucoin?).

While I definitely agree that telling Cammy that he had to buy his sweater for 1200.00 was totally classless and typical of the goat who was as tight as the wallpaper on the wall is, I have to point out that the trade during the game had more to do with Feaster having to make room with LIR athan the goat. Goat had done his part but he had to wait till feaster could make the room. So that was just an unfortunate situation. He coudn't keep him out of the game cause the trade had not been completed and when it was he couldn't keep him in the game due to the risk of injury.

Why not take a run at Mikko Koivu? I'm not saying he's available but Minnesota has some big contracts on the books.

I don't know.. Just thinking out loud.. I have him on NHL13 and he lights it up with Pacioretty.

Two trades I make...

Minnesota gets Desharnis, Beaulieu, and Leblanc for M.Koivu

Nashville gets Gionta for Gill and a pick..

Pacs - Koivu - Ryder

Bourque - Pleks - Gallagher

Gally - Eller - Prust

Moen - White - Armatrong

Markov Emelin

Gorges Subban

Bouillon Gill

Diaz