Jump to content

Permanent Trade Proposal Thread


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I think he may be the perfect guy to roll the dice and timing may be perfect.  I think Domi would be an overpay, but I’d be trying to get Broberg or Bouchard as part of the deal.would give us high end D prospects that should be no lower than top 4 when they are ready.  
 

qould also allow us to have prospects that are exempt from the expansion draft.


we have excellent d currently and solid d prospects coming up, so many we can’t make room for them all without moving someone.

we don not want edmonton défense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Middle school humor meant for small minds. Maybe you ought to write fart jokes on your own time instead of burping up your daily dose of baloney on here?   "Duhhhh...faith in Bergevin...duhh

2009-2010 82 games/54 points 2010-2011 79/67 2011-2012 82/81 2012-2013 48/47 2013-2014 59/66 2014-2015 82/86 2015-2016 78/70 2016-2017 77/66   I said:

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I think he may be the perfect guy to roll the dice and timing may be perfect.  I think Domi would be an overpay, but I’d be trying to get Broberg or Bouchard as part of the deal.would give us high end D prospects that should be no lower than top 4 when they are ready.  
 

qould also allow us to have prospects that are exempt from the expansion draft.


why would even want to “roll the dice” on a guy you picture in top 6? That makes no sense, roll the dice in bottom 6, not top 6.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:

There is obviously good cause for teamA that spend millions on pro scouting to have not touched the guy, and he isn’t that young.

 

I'm picking on this but this is really kind of a generic comment. In general, we know very little about what's going on, and if no one is making a trade for Player X (whether Puljujarvi or someone else), it probably means that the price is too high. If the price is right, just about any legitimate NHL player (with a reasonable contract) will find a taker.

 

We don't know what Edmonton's current price tag is on Puljujarvi, although the rumours say that it's significantly higher now after his season in Liiga. But I'm confident in saying that the asking price has been too high for his potential (and risk). Of course, as in every trade, it's also a question of how highly Edmonton would value the assets moving the other way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:

why would even want to “roll the dice” on a guy you picture in top 6? That makes no sense, roll the dice in bottom 6, not top 6.

 

Who can we get that's a risk-free top 6 winger? And what will it cost?

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:


Don’t like.

from what I’ve ready none of the scoring wingers in the draft will be impactful next season or the year after.

That is too long for the Habs, whether admitted or not they have a 1-2 year window if they add immediate, consistent scoring.

Caufield i assume will turn pro next season.

A pick like Dylan Holloway may be ready in 2 years?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I think he’s not only got potential to crack the 2nd line, but be a top line winger.  I think Edmonton is a toxic environment.  Even Eberle was regressing there.  I think playing overseas he’s got his confidence back and he may take the same time of step KK did.  He really reminds me a lot of Markus Naslund who I really liked before he went to the Canucks. I wouldn’t try and make a 1 for 1 deal.  I think if we help out the oilers cap situation by taking a guy like Neal, Domi and Byron would be attractive to a team that wants NHL ready players and may give up one of their prizes D prospects. I don’t think that would be enough so you add the first rounder. Oilers may not want/need it, but it gives the. Currency to fill other holes.

 

I know you wouldn't try to make a 1-for-1 deal, your preference is to make multi-player/pick/prospect proposals, types of deals that rarely happen.  Edmonton has McDavid/Draisaitl/Nugent-Hopkins down the middle.  Even if one of them moves to the wing, Domi's still a 3C.  They can't afford Domi on a long-term deal as a 3C in their cap structure.  He makes no sense for them and most teams don't trade for a guy to free up trading another guy which frees up trading another guy.  Those domino effects don't happen very often.  Byron's not a great fit either but at least you offset it with Neal's presence.

 

Edmonton's asking price dating back to last year for Puljujarvi has been a pick or prospect, not a multi-pronged deal that sees them shake up their franchise core (by losing other top picks/prospects) to add a player at a position they don't need.  Give them what they want, not what you want.

 

We'll have to agree to disagree on Puljujarvi's potential.  I think he's a lot closer to Yakupov in terms of his career trajectory than Eberle.  He's not a great skater and doesn't think the game well.  Until those two improve, his upside is quite limited.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

  I think Edmonton is a toxic environment.  Even Eberle was regressing there.  

with Oilers 0.73pts/gm

with Isles   0.62pts/gm

(But obviously Edmonton was not a well run organization at all when he was there.)

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DON said:

with Oilers 0.73pts/gm

with Isles   0.62pts/gm

(But obviously Edmonton was not a well run organization at all when he was there.)

Is there any doubt Edmonton was poorly run for many, many years ... including Eberle's tenure?

 

But I agree Eberle wasn't "regressing" in Edmonton ... in his 2nd & 3rd seasons (26g, 64pts per 82 games) he looked like he was developing into a legit first line scorer ... but then dipped slightly and has been consistent in the 5 seasons since (23,50/82) ... If the Edmonton "dip" was organization related it would have changed with NYI.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DON said:

with Oilers 0.73pts/gm

with Isles   0.62pts/gm

(But obviously Edmonton was not a well run organization at all when he was there.)

I’m not looking at his ovwrall average.  Eberle had a great start in Edmonton, but his last two years he was sliding and he the last year he finished badly and was lousy in the playoffs and took a lot of heat for it (unfairly IMO).  I would have loved to have picked him up.  

I think he had a great 1st year with the islanders, was good this year and was solid in the playoffs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Is there any doubt Edmonton was poorly run for many, many years ... including Eberle's tenure?

 

But I agree Eberle wasn't "regressing" in Edmonton ... in his 2nd & 3rd seasons (26g, 64pts per 82 games) he looked like he was developing into a legit first line scorer ... but then dipped slightly and has been consistent in the 5 seasons since (23,50/82) ... If the Edmonton "dip" was organization related it would have changed with NYI.

He regressed badly in the end of his last year and he slid in the last two yearsS and was invisible in the playoffs and took the brunt of the blame).  He started great in a Edmonton, but everyone wanted him gone in his last year and than Chiarelli did was Chiarelli does, trading him for a horrible return.

he is playing GM on a much more defensive team and had a good first year and was great this year - including the playoffs.

 

lots of players not names McDavid or Draisaitl eithe regressed after decent starts or stagnated in their development.  Not much different than the Sabres.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hockeyrealist said:


Don’t like.

from what I’ve ready none of the scoring wingers in the draft will be impactful next season or the year after.

That is too long for the Habs, whether admitted or not they have a 1-2 year window if they add immediate, consistent scoring.

Both on PP and 5v5.

I believe this means a trade or free agent target.

other posters have mentioned many of the names. Plus, I think there will be more opportunity for this than usual given the economic downturn for the league.

 

This is huge given they also have cap flexibility to do it and a kick ass wall of défense (again in a window)

immediate scoring help is not coming Via draft unless you have #1.

Immediate scoring help is all that keeps the Habs from being a cup contender with current d/goalie/core forwards (including Danault, not Domi)

I know there's a small 2 year window to try and win the cup, I brought this up after the playoffs. But what I am saying is this, UFA winger's

Hall, Hoffman, dadonov, NAMESTNIKOV, Smith, are all players that can add scoring and depth  to our line up, we can be aggressive and trade for their rights just like with Edmundson.  Me personally I would try and sign dadonov and namestinkov.  We don't need to trade and over pay for a scorer.

If a guy like Quinn is there i would trade up and try to draft him. Even if it means trading Domi to get him. 

 

Then in 3-4 years time our top line would be   Caufield/Suzuki/Quinn 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hockeyrealist said:


we have excellent d currently and solid d prospects coming up, so many we can’t make room for them all without moving someone.

we don not want edmonton défense.

Umm, Tampa have excellent D, St Louis, Boston, Dallas have good D, we have average D.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Umm, Tampa have excellent D, St Louis, Boston, Dallas have good D, we have average D.

 

Whether it's good, average or excellent, I think our real need is on the wing, not on defence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Umm, Tampa have excellent D, St Louis, Boston, Dallas have good D, we have average D.

St Louis gave up 22g in 6gms vs Canucks.

Bruins-Dallas gave, giving up 3g/gm in playoffs, not great. Stars have scored 62g but given up 64.

 

So Tampa should have advantage for sure, 3rd best goals against/gm, behind #2 Knights and #1 Habs.

 

Go BlueJays & Cowboys Go!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

 

Go Wolfpack! :(

Hope Tampa sweeps and ends it quick, so we can get on to the NHL draft and all teams able to talk trades.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DON said:

Hope Tampa sweeps and ends it quick, so we can get on to the NHL draft and all teams able to talk trades.

 

I don't think they will, though. Dallas keeps finding ways to beat opponents that should be far stronger than themselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DON said:

St Louis gave up 22g in 6gms vs Canucks.

Bruins-Dallas gave, giving up 3g/gm in playoffs, not great. Stars have scored 62g but given up 64.

 

So Tampa should have advantage for sure, 3rd best goals against/gm, behind #2 Knights and #1 Habs.

 

Go BlueJays & Cowboys Go!

Habs GAA is largely Price pitching shutouts.  That's not what i call a dominating D shutting down the other team.  Yep. St. Louis gave up 22 g, but is that entirely on the D, or is a large part of it they didn't get the goaltending this year?  ON the other hand, our GAA, was entirely Price.  I'd consider the knights D to be above average.  Dallas, again, have had mixed goal tending performances and they have one of the top 5 dmen in the game right now.  I'd take Columbus, Caroina's D over ours as well.  


 Now if Romanov works his way into top 4 or top pairing, than I think we are significantly improved.  But, i'd like a young dman who can skate and control the play and I'm not sure we have anyone in the pipeline.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

 

Whether it's good, average or excellent, I think our real need is on the wing, not on defence.

Oh, i agree we need help on the wing and ideally a top liner, but i'd also like a young elite dman who will dominate for the next 10 years. We are in a unique situation. We've had Chelios, Desjardins (another guy we should never have moved), Markov, Subban as young dmen who we developed and we've had Roy, Theodore, Price in net.  But until now we have lacked young centre men and I think we may have them in Suzuki and KK. I'd also like us to get that young dominating dman as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Oh, i agree we need help on the wing and ideally a top liner, but i'd also like a young elite dman who will dominate for the next 10 years. We are in a unique situation. We've had Chelios, Desjardins (another guy we should never have moved), Markov, Subban as young dmen who we developed and we've had Roy, Theodore, Price in net.  But until now we have lacked young centre men and I think we may have them in Suzuki and KK. I'd also like us to get that young dominating dman as well.


That makes no sense, Habs have dominating dman now with solid chance that Romanov becomes a dominating young dman.

Habs now have one of the best d core in the league and eapecially solid top 4.

who cares if they are not young as you’d like, they still have 2-3 years of dominating dmen, which coincides with Price still being elite.

Bitching about not having a young, dominating dman is stupid given how long it takes d to Flourish/mature.

Also stupid given that it isn’t even true.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, DON said:

with Oilers 0.73pts/gm

with Isles   0.62pts/gm

(But obviously Edmonton was not a well run organization at all when he was there.)


haha love that.

so many posters make bold statements without even consulting the facts.

Eberle would get run out of Mtl by disappearing for chunks of the year.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Habs GAA is largely Price pitching shutouts.  That's not what i call a dominating D shutting down the other team.  Yep. St. Louis gave up 22 g, but is that entirely on the D, or is a large part of it they didn't get the goaltending this year?  ON the other hand, our GAA, was entirely Price.  I'd consider the knights D to be above average.  Dallas, again, have had mixed goal tending performances and they have one of the top 5 dmen in the game right now.  I'd take Columbus, Caroina's D over ours as well.  


 Now if Romanov works his way into top 4 or top pairing, than I think we are significantly improved.  But, i'd like a young dman who can skate and control the play and I'm not sure we have anyone in the pipeline.


Haha ignoring stats is so convenient.

classic post where Price kicking ass is nothing, but a group a d are the be all end all?
Price has amazing playoff gaa this year, but it isn’t due the amazing d played by the top 4? 
 

Habs d is solid, goaltending Is world class.

 

the lack of scoring is what kills this team.  
 

Dadanov is a good idea.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Habs GAA is largely Price pitching shutouts.  That's not what i call a dominating D shutting down the other team.  Yep. St. Louis gave up 22 g, but is that entirely on the D, or is a large part of it they didn't get the goaltending this year?  ON the other hand, our GAA, was entirely Price.  I'd consider the knights D to be above average.  Dallas, again, have had mixed goal tending performances and they have one of the top 5 dmen in the game right now.  I'd take Columbus, Caroina's D over ours as well.  


 Now if Romanov works his way into top 4 or top pairing, than I think we are significantly improved.  But, i'd like a young dman who can skate and control the play and I'm not sure we have anyone in the pipeline.


price was not the leader in shutouts this season, he started as many games as Helybuck and had fewer shutouts, also few than Rask, Merlizkins, Fleury...

hes a stud, but not winning games just by pitching shutouts, or lowering team gaa that way either.

your point is based on false information.

he also played way more games that all of those goalies other than helybuck.

backup goalie solution will help The whole team this year.
goalie, d are not the problem.

scoring goals is.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Habs GAA is largely Price pitching shutouts.  That's not what i call a dominating D shutting down the other team.  Yep. St. Louis gave up 22 g, but is that entirely on the D, or is a large part of it they didn't get the goaltending this year?  ON the other hand, our GAA, was entirely Price.  I'd consider the knights D to be above average.  Dallas, again, have had mixed goal tending performances and they have one of the top 5 dmen in the game right now.  I'd take Columbus, Caroina's D over ours as well.  


 Now if Romanov works his way into top 4 or top pairing, than I think we are significantly improved.  But, i'd like a young dman who can skate and control the play and I'm not sure we have anyone in the pipeline.


You obviously don’t watch many Caroline, Columbus games.

or any of this teams you are raving about.

Knights?

c’mon you’re just hating on the Habs here cause you’re complaints are not based in fact.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hockeyrealist said:


That makes no sense, Habs have dominating dman now with solid chance that Romanov becomes a dominating young dman.

Habs now have one of the best d core in the league and eapecially solid top 4.

who cares if they are not young as you’d like, they still have 2-3 years of dominating dmen, which coincides with Price still being elite.

Bitching about not having a young, dominating dman is stupid given how long it takes d to Flourish/mature.

Also stupid given that it isn’t even true.

Is Romanov a rushing skating dman?  I haven’t read that?  If he turns out that way great, but I’d like players who are projected to be like Maker, Hughes, Niskanan, do we have anyone like that?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...