Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Just now, Prime Minister Koivu said:

You disagree with everything I post which is okay. 

You don’t need to be a passive aggressive shit about it

😧

20 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I still think that a top line  Dman should be the top priority and after that an upgrade over Danault. I want elite talent, not a resume.  I also don’t want to move a key young asset, unless it’s fir a guy with the skill level of Eichal (who unfortunately is injured).

Agree 100%,the Habs are  1 top 4 defenceman away from being a serious threat in my opinion.  That should be their number one priority.  They don't need any more depth defenceman.  Top 4 defenceman  are hard to find and don't come cheap as nobody is giving them away.  I feel bad for Eichel having spent his entire career so far with a bad organization. 

20 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

Thinking that MB would bring Taylor Hall in his locker room after parting with Subban for "off ice reasons" is lunacy. 

As much as he's skilled,  Taylor Hall is a team killer.  Let other teams kill themselves.

Yup, been saying this for a while. I don't think MB is the least bit interested unless maybe he comes real cheap on a short term rental basis which is unlikely. 

27 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I have yet to see an actual story showing Hall as a locker room cancer.

Do you think it would be in an actual story?  Edmonton is a small city, you hear a lot of stuff.  Don't you wonder why Adam Larsson (albeit a decent defenceman) was the best they could get for such a talented player who was only 24?  To be fair not everyone matures at the same rate. Brendan Gallagher was incredibly mature at 19, not the case for everyone. 

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Do you think it would be in an actual story?  Edmonton is a small city, you hear a lot of stuff.  Don't you wonder why Adam Larsson (albeit a decent defenceman) was the best they could get for such a talented player who was only 24?  To be fair not everyone matures at the same rate. Brendan Gallagher was incredibly mature at 19, not the case for everyone. 

Yes, EDM was 6 years ago. Even if he was out of control back then, have there been any reports of that since? 

I think the real issue with Hall is more that his MVP season was an outlier. He’s a top-line W for sure, but not consistently a PPG player. Otherwise put, he is simply not good enough to carry a team on his back - yet somehow he has this aura of being a franchise player. He’s no Ovechkin.

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

I have yet to see an actual story showing Hall as a locker room cancer.

I didn't mean he's a "cancer",  but more like a player that doesn't put the team first.

À la Subban.

As much as he's good and gives his 100%, what he does on the ice and in the locker room is not team oriented.

They do their best, they're good at what they do, but what they do is for their own success as part of the team success instead of the opposite. 

That's what we read on HFBoards, Twitter, etc.  Not that he is a bad teammate or fights with coaches. 

Edit :  now,  I believe it's up to the coaching staff tu use psychology and get these players on board with teams' concept.  But at one point, it's more difficult with some than some others.  Hall seems to be one of them.  Like Subban. 

Personnaly, I love the skills these guys have and what they bring to the game.  But they better not be in your leadership group, and when these guys have great skills (like Hall and PK for instance)  they end up being paid and receiving lot of icetime.  If we have to end up with such players in our lineup, I'd prefer if they would have a less important role on the team,  like Athanasiou or Del Zotto.

2 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Yes, I think there would be stories, as there were with Subban. 

I heard the same things about Phil Kessel.  Then he was part of a team that won 2 Stanley Cups. 

Like CC says, its more about the player not being able to be the key figure on a team, but when playing second fiddle to other stars, he's fine.  That's the same thing with Hall IMO.

26 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yes, EDM was 6 years ago. Even if he was out of control back then, have there been any reports of that since? 

I think the real issue with Hall is more that his MVP season was an outlier. He’s a top-line W for sure, but not consistently a PPG player. Otherwise put, he is simply not good enough to carry a team on his back - yet somehow he has this aura of being a franchise player. He’s no Ovechkin.

It was 6 years 

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I heard the same things about Phil Kessel.  Then he was part of a team that won 2 Stanley Cups. 

Like CC says, its more about the player not being able to be the key figure on a team, but when playing second fiddle to other stars, he's fine.  That's the same thing with Hall IMO.

Fair points, back with the Oilers he was a young immature guy playing with a bunch of other young immature guys on a team void of leadership. He was NOT a team guy back then but players do grow up and if he knew his place on a team with veteran leadership then he might be fine. Likely a moot point as the Habs don't have the cap space anyway to acquire him and certainly not the cap space to resign him. 

34 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Exactly why I don't want Hall.   Cuz he'd be our best forward.

6 hours ago, Commandant said:

While in Edmonton, Hall would bring his dad (his trainer) to his GM meetings about his performance, to speak for him.

1 minute ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Hmmmmm

Would we consider this at 50% retained and cap dumps of our choosing?

I can’t see it

I can't see it either.  When Bergevin talks about how much better the dressing room is, I suspect that's in reference to Subban's tenure with the team.  To go back to that now just doesn't seem like something he'd do.

6 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Hmmmmm

Would we consider this at 50% retained and cap dumps of our choosing?

I can’t see it

Me neither ... even if the cap stuff can be resolved ... there was a reason the trade was made and the guy in charge hasn't changed ... plus, PK has another season at $9 million ... even if NJD retain half that is a significant chunk of cap space ... and, Habs already have 7 NHLers under contract/control on the back end next season, and youngsters coming in ... don't see the room 

PK had a catastrophically bad season last year, to the point where one had to ask whether he is one of those guys who ages out early. I haven't seen him play this season, but his stats suggest a significant uptick. He's playing 22+ minutes per night and getting a fair number of points. So, he appears to be bouncing back. This team has a dire need for capable puck-moving top-4 D, so if we set aside all the nonsense, in pure hockey terms, he'd be a good addition.

But we cannot possibly take him back with that salary. There is simply no room.

Also, he and Weber are both RD, so the fantasy of putting them both on the same pairing with Weber doesn't make much positional sense.

Finally: given that PK seems to be playing better, it's not obvious why NJ would want to dump him and still carry half his salary. Probably best to tolerate the overpay while getting the player's contributions, than eating a $4.5 mil hit and doing without the player.

8 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Finally: given that PK seems to be playing better, it's not obvious why NJ would want to dump him and still carry half his salary.

Maybe he really is just an idiot, a distraction in lockerroom and will simply never be a team player and not Brett Hull good- enough to overlook that?

1 hour ago, DON said:

Maybe he really is just an idiot, a distraction in lockerroom and will simply never be a team player and not Brett Hull good- enough to overlook that?

Except that I’ve long suspected that those accusations are nothing more than a pile of bull crap. 

36 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Except that I’ve long suspected that those accusations are nothing more than a pile of bull crap. 

They seem to be true, if you go by Gallagher's reactions over the years and since PK was traded

2 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

They seem to be true, if you go by Gallagher's reactions over the years and since PK was traded

Gallagher is also buddies with that POS Lucic.