Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

I haven't seen this name come up here, but what about Byfuglien? He seems like a player we could definitely benefit from. Use him as forward primarily unless we have injuries on defense. Worked for Chicago.

I haven't seen this name come up here, but what about Byfuglien? He seems like a player we could definitely benefit from. Use him as forward primarily unless we have injuries on defense. Worked for Chicago.

I would love to get Byfuglien. He seems to work best as a blueliner though. That versatility of being able to play him either way, there's only one other guy in the league that way and it's Brent Burns. That said, Winnipeg wouldn't get rid of him. He's signed long term and it would cost us quite a bit to get him.

If the Flames do go into sell mode, y'know who I'd actually like the most?

Alex Tanguay.

He got a bad rep last time he was here, despite putting up good numbers. He's still putting up good numbers despite being on a bad team, and I'd love to see him feeding Gallagher and/or Pacioretty for the next 3 seasons.

Alex Tanguay.

He got a bad rep last time he was here, despite putting up good numbers. He's still putting up good numbers despite being on a bad team, and I'd love to see him feeding Gallagher and/or Pacioretty for the next 3 seasons.

I don't know where he would fit.

Alex Tanguay.

He might be one of the last players I'd like to get before a playoff run.

What if he stubs his toe or has a hang nail?

I think our team will improve measurably once Bourque has returned from his concussion. I'm quite enjoying his rebound year and hope he joins the team shortly.

One player that might fit well with us for a playoff run is Brenden Morrow. I like the intangibles there. Grit, sandpaper, gold medal winner and leader. He'd be a good reason to keep Moen in the press box as he's certainly been underwhelming thus far.

He might be one of the last players I'd like to get before a playoff run.

What if he stubs his toe or has a hang nail?

The same who scored the GWG in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals for the Avs vs the Devils ?

I agree it was disappointing to see him injured in the playoffs for the Habs, after being so helpful during the season.

I would agree though that it's difficult to see where he'd fit with the current Habs.

The same who scored the GWG in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals for the Avs vs the Devils ?

I agree it was disappointing to see him injured in the playoffs for the Habs, after being so helpful during the season.

I would agree though that it's difficult to see where he'd fit with the current Habs.

No, what was disappointing was seeing him cleared to play and refused to play because he said he was not ready. Most players rush back and lie to doctors to get clearance to play in the playoffs. He is a pansy and I want no part of him.

I think our team will improve measurably once Bourque has returned from his concussion. I'm quite enjoying his rebound year and hope he joins the team shortly.

One player that might fit well with us for a playoff run is Brenden Morrow. I like the intangibles there. Grit, sandpaper, gold medal winner and leader. He'd be a good reason to keep Moen in the press box as he's certainly been underwhelming thus far.

I like the idea of Morrow-- for the reasons you stated. Fair or not, the mention of Tanguagy conjures a mental image for me of a soft player who couldn't handle montreal and was happy to leave. So, I would never want to see him back in MTL---but then again, I thought Terrien was a huge mistake so what do I know?

Pomm is just not the type of player we need.....with Ryder, Bourque, prust and Diaz coming back in the next couple of weeks I think we will be fine..

lines would be something like this...

67 - 51 - 73

17- 14 - 21

27- 81 - 11

20 - 53/8 - 8/32

we have a lot of guys that can move up and down the line up Prust/Ryder/Gally/Chucky/Gio.....these guys can all play on basically any line

I would keep Bourque/Plecs together and patches/Desh together everything else is a matter of who is hot.

although I would like to see Gio swapped for a bigger body so we could insulate Plecs a little better, i wouldn't mortgage any young prospects for the short term unless that player was under a reasonable contract.

However that being said,I would love to have Foligno from Buffalo,for maybe Leblanc +

Pomm is just not the type of player we need.....with Ryder, Bourque, prust and Diaz coming back in the next couple of weeks I think we will be fine..

lines would be something like this...

67 - 51 - 73

17- 14 - 21

27- 81 - 11

20 - 53/8 - 8/32

we have a lot of guys that can move up and down the line up Prust/Ryder/Gally/Chucky/Gio.....these guys can all play on basically any line

I would keep Bourque/Plecs together and patches/Desh together everything else is a matter of who is hot.

although I would like to see Gio swapped for a bigger body so we could insulate Plecs a little better, i wouldn't mortgage any young prospects for the short term unless that player was under a reasonable contract.

However that being said,I would love to have Foligno from Buffalo,for maybe Leblanc +

I agree with this post. *If* we can add some sandpaper type depth to our 4th line then I'd do it. Our top 9 is pretty much set.

A week ago I was calling for MB to make a move on defense, but I'm fine with Tinordi as the 6th d-man.

I agree with this post. *If* we can add some sandpaper type depth to our 4th line then I'd do it. Our top 9 is pretty much set.

A week ago I was calling for MB to make a move on defense, but I'm fine with Tinordi as the 6th d-man.

Tinordi just played his first NHL game. I wouldn't settle in saying we're fine just ebcuase he had a good showing in his first game. I think we still need a 6th/7th defenseman.

Also I'm finiding it really odd that Eklund mentioned Clowe to Montreal awhile back, LeBrun posted an article saying it's more than possible, now the last few Eklund blogs that mention Clowe all link him to Montreal. I know not to trust Eklund, but from more than just him, I'm starting to think the move might actually happen.

Tinordi just played his first NHL game. I wouldn't settle in saying we're fine just ebcuase he had a good showing in his first game. I think we still need a 6th/7th defenseman.

Also I'm finiding it really odd that Eklund mentioned Clowe to Montreal awhile back, LeBrun posted an article saying it's more than possible, now the last few Eklund blogs that mention Clowe all link him to Montreal. I know not to trust Eklund, but from more than just him, I'm starting to think the move might actually happen.

Dreger believes the asking price is a first + prospect for Clowe. He has been horrible this season. Do not want. Let the Bruins pay it.

Nobody likes eklund but everyone quotes him. The guy is awful quit reading his stuff and posting about him. He just might go away then

Pierre LeBrun for TSN wrote he expects Clowe to land in Montreal. So it wasn't just Eklund.

I would love to get Byfuglien. He seems to work best as a blueliner though. That versatility of being able to play him either way, there's only one other guy in the league that way and it's Brent Burns. That said, Winnipeg wouldn't get rid of him. He's signed long term and it would cost us quite a bit to get him.

I am happy someone else recognizes how devasting a player like Byfuglien is against opposing defenses. I have long advocated us grooming one of our own. Weber is our version, but he is too small among other things. Maybe we will have to wait to see how effective Burns turns out before the rest of league catchs on. There is almost zero chance he gets traded.