Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Guest Stogey24

I know Subban is one of top 10 d-men in league; however, if #99 can be traded at his peak and Boston can trade a MVP, i simply do not see Subban as untouchable.

Yeah, those trades really worked out well. ~Sarcasm~ Gretzky wanted out and when Thornton was traded there was major speculation of management change in Boston.

Edited by Stogey24

I know Subban is one of top 10 d-men in league; however, if #99 can be traded at his peak and Boston can trade a MVP, i simply do not see Subban as untouchable.

Anyone can be traded. But the justification for trading subban isn't the depth we have on D, it would not to be a package in return that is too good to refuse.

Anyone can be traded. But the justification for trading subban isn't the depth we have on D, it would not to be a package in return that is too good to refuse.

Subban was 17th on Habs roster in PK ice time/game. His defense is improving, but still a bit lost in own end and soft on puck.

Trading Subban at least wouldnt create a hole in the offensive d-man dept and obviously coming back would need to be an All Star forward.

Habs were rolling along fine with Diaz and Markov on the PP, while Pernell was trying to squeeze more $$ from Habs.

And with Nygren, Bennett, Dietz, Beaulieu in the farm system, why not.

I simply think Subban's value to a struggling franchise couldnt be higher and what other big ticket asset do Habs have to offer for a quality return?

Will he be traded, not likely, but i would consider it for sure.

Subban was second in points on the team, playing two games less than Patches. To say he wouldn't create a hole in the defensive depth is... shocking. Especially since Markov slowed right down while Subban stayed hot. Don't forget he was tied for team lead in playoff scoring as well.

Had Subban played every game of the season he would have easily lead our team in scoring. As a blueliner.

We already have Galchenyuk who has potential to become an all-star forward. Why trade our all-star defenceman?

The Captain Trade!

Paajarvi Horcoff Hemsky Peckham Potter Smyth Belanger

Bourque Desharnais Gionta Kaberle Diaz Moen Blunden

BAM!

The Captain Trade!

Paajarvi Horcoff Hemsky Peckham Potter Smyth Belanger

Bourque Desharnais Gionta Kaberle Diaz Moen Blunden

BAM!

:D

Subban was 17th on Habs roster in PK ice time/game. His defense is improving, but still a bit lost in own end and soft on puck.

Trading Subban at least wouldnt create a hole in the offensive d-man dept and obviously coming back would need to be an All Star forward.

Habs were rolling along fine with Diaz and Markov on the PP, while Pernell was trying to squeeze more $$ from Habs.

And with Nygren, Bennett, Dietz, Beaulieu in the farm system, why not.

I simply think Subban's value to a struggling franchise couldnt be higher and what other big ticket asset do Habs have to offer for a quality return?

Will he be traded, not likely, but i would consider it for sure.

When Subban was 1st on the Habs roster in PK icetime, they were #2 in the league in killing penalties.

This season as Subban has been used less on the PK, the unit has struggled.

Your facts actually prove the point that Subban is good defensively and not the other way around.

They say more about poor penalty killing decisions amongst our coaching than they do about PK.

Guest Stogey24

Commandant it's not even worth the argument. Don's already dug himself into a hole he isn't getting out of.

Commandant it's not even worth the argument. Don's already dug himself into a hole he isn't getting out of.

Agreed. Trading Subban would be the act of a fool unless the return was overwhelming. Don is basically criticizing PK for not being superhuman, while he apparently believes that other teams' star players are.

Setting aside "character" - much of which, I suspect, has been overblown by a combination of subliminal racism among NHL types and a ridiculous old-school indignation at rookies who fail to be sufficiently worshipful of other guys on the ice - Subban's main "weaknesses" as far as I can see are these: he gets caught up ice once in a while, and he takes more than his share of dumb penalties. The former "weakness" is characteristic of ambitious, puck-moving defencemen, and will probably remain an element of his game; the latter is presumably a symptom of an excess of combativeness coupled with youthful lapses of judgement, and will likely recede as he continues to refine his game. All this stuff about him being "soft" in the defensive zone, meanwhile, is nonsense. He is one of the toughest guys in the league to move off the puck, vacuums it up in his end reliably and then leads the rush, hits as hard as anyone on the team, and battles pretty much every shift. "Oh, he doesn't block shots!" Yeah, he ain't Hal Gill. And that God for that. (Incidentally, Big Bird didn't block shots either, as per Dryden in The Game. Inexcusable!).

• Upvote 3

If the return for Subban is not John Tavares or Steven Stamkos, then I don't want it.

I'd rather find a way to get one or both on the Habs with Subban, since he's good friends with both. They were two of the only guys in the league who were actively defending him when the ugly shots were going around about him.

I'd rate character as a plus for Subban, not a minus. He always says the right thing to the media, something that's not that telling of true character but that got Gorges talk of a captaincy, and generally prevents locker room distractions. He's been booed for years in opposing arenas for little reason other than his race (I'm talking a year or two ago). Even during his contract dispute, his only comments to the media were reasonable and done with class.

I think Subban earning a place on Team Canada next season will be a big step forward for him. He'll find his place among the best players in the world and will have a good group of leaders to learn from.

Listen,Subban is going no where unless we get a knock me dead offer as Commandant pointed out. I do agree that our strong suit is defense both in terms of numbers and skill. I would offer this though. I believe it is easier at this moment to find a #1 defensemen than a #1 center. Not always been the case. Just a thought.

Listen,Subban is going no where unless we get a knock me dead offer as Commandant pointed out. I do agree that our strong suit is defense both in terms of numbers and skill. I would offer this though. I believe it is easier at this moment to find a #1 defensemen than a #1 center. Not always been the case. Just a thought.

Why rush it?

That's my argument. Maybe in 3-5 years we can re-evaluate after Galchenyuk and Beaulieu have their feet wet in the league and we know what they can do. Until then, it's senseless to derail our in house development. I have faith in Galchenyuk becoming a number one center for us. I have faith in Beaulieu becoming a top four defenceman for us. I have faith in Subban staying as a number one defenceman for us. We don't have to rush anything just because we're in the off-season.

Why rush it?

That's my argument. Maybe in 3-5 years we can re-evaluate after Galchenyuk and Beaulieu have their feet wet in the league and we know what they can do. Until then, it's senseless to derail our in house development. I have faith in Galchenyuk becoming a number one center for us. I have faith in Beaulieu becoming a top four defenceman for us. I have faith in Subban staying as a number one defenceman for us. We don't have to rush anything just because we're in the off-season.

This is even more written in the sky than Subban becoming Elite.

Guest Stogey24

Galchenyuk has that Russian relase; its a beautiful thing. Sniper instincts with a play makers vision.

Edited by Stogey24

Hey everyone,

I haven't posted in a while but I have been checking the conversations around here.

I have been hearing quite a bit about moving Markov lately and to put in my two cents, (which is actually rounded down in Canada now) I think that now is the time to do it. We finally have the option of moving him, and his value will never again be as high as it is right now.

Edmonton is looking to shake things up

(first round pick, but we would probably have to take Horcoff back, think about it how good would Darnel Nurse look with PK),

Philly is practically begging for Dmen

(first round pick, or a bigger deal for Simmons).

Calgary just because Feaster is gullible

(First rounder straight up)

There are solid options out there right now for a defender of Markov's caliber, and if I were MB I would definitely be exploring them

I think we could move into the top ten in the draft if we play our cards right

Why rush it?

Nobody is rushing anything. We are just evaluating Subban. It makes me warm and fuzzy thinking of Subban in the same breath as Stamkos and the like. There is no doubt about it, we are still light in top offensive point per game eliteness at the forward position. The Ovechins of the world are obtained by having high draft choices. We are not going to have any high draft choices for a while (hopefully, at least by merit) so we look at other courses to get one.

Hey everyone,

I haven't posted in a while but I have been checking the conversations around here.

I have been hearing quite a bit about moving Markov lately and to put in my two cents, (which is actually rounded down in Canada now) I think that now is the time to do it. We finally have the option of moving him, and his value will never again be as high as it is right now.

:lol:

Another idea I've had for a bit, it's a very minor swap though. A lot of people expect Weber to be dealt for a draft pick (some think he may not even be qualified), but there is another option. Trade him for someone that can fill a need in Hamilton and be an option for a callup in certain situations. With that in mind...

To Montreal: D Nick Petrecki

To San Jose: D Yannick Weber

Both players are the same age (they were both drafted in 2007, Petrecki in the late 1st, Weber as we all know in the 3rd).

Why for Montreal? Petrecki cleared waivers last year (so he probably would again in October) and would provide Hamilton with a player capable of playing a strictly defensive role (something they don't have a lot of at the moment). He's also a tough guy (6'3, 230 lbs, over 100 PIMS per year at every level) and would be a player that could be called upon when the Canadiens face tougher opponents.

Why for San Jose? It's a return for someone they were willing to lose for nothing back in January. With Burns converted back to forward and Boyle getting up there in age, the Sharks have a need for another offensive defenceman, Most would agree Weber could use a change of scenery so he would make some sense as a buy low candidate.