Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Yea, but I don't think Plek will finish this contact as a Hab.

I honestly hope you are wrong, Pleks is our poor man's version of Datsyuk, and players of that type don't come along very often.

I honestly hope you are wrong, Pleks is our poor man's version of Datsyuk, and players of that type don't come along very often.

Poor man's Datsyuk? Maybe a poor man's Toews, not Datsyuk. Datsyuk can do things with the puck top NHL player dreams they can do, there's no such thing as a poor man's Datsyuk.

• Upvote 1

Plekanec seems to be quite underrated by a significant chunk of the fanbase. I can see the scenario where Eller and Galy crowd him down to a 3rd-line C role, but on a team that rolls three lines, that's not necessarily a problem. To me, he does it all, and is quietly a real glue guy on this team.

• Upvote 2

Plekanec seems to be quite underrated by a significant chunk of the fanbase. I can see the scenario where Eller and Galy crowd him down to a 3rd-line C role, but on a team that rolls three lines, that's not necessarily a problem. To me, he does it all, and is quietly a real glue guy on this team.

Yeah, to me he's the forward that if you removed him from the roster today would have the greatest negative effect.

• Upvote 1

Homegrown player with literally nothing wrong. Not even his contract. Why do fans want to trade Plekanec? If he is traded, it better be for an almost-as-flawless sure thing. I hope he sticks around.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, to me he's the forward that if you removed him from the roster today would have the greatest negative effect.

Same. No one else can take Plex duty right now. And that is shutting down top lines of EVERY teams.

No one can take Crosby's line for a whole game and hope to finish with a positive +/- ratio. Plex can hope.

Guest Stogey24

Plek is a prime example of how a centre should play the game. The thing is though, if Montreal would have signed Lecavalier, I think Plekanec would have been on his way out.

wuwuwuwuw.. I love Plek. I just think that when Eller & Gally are primed to go. Plek will be a movable comodity and will be a addition by subtraction via trade. I could be wrong.. but its def not because I dont see his talents and contributions.

The new cap recapture on Luongo's contract would kill us if we were to buy him out. Remember, future buyouts would not be amnesty buyouts.

I'd love to move Moen, but I I'm not sure Burrows or Bieksa would be upgrades over DD and Markov.

hmmm.. I donno.

I think Vancouver would be foolish to make that move. In my fantasy, Fucale would eventually make Lu expendable and make a buyout easier to swallow.. or by then the cap has grown exponentially and his cap hit is nothing as he rides out his contract as a fantastic back-up. lmao

Pacioretty Plekanec Gionta

Galchenyuk Briere Gallagher

Bourque Eller Hansen

Prust White Burrows

Parros

Edler Subban

Tinordi Bieksa

Murray Diaz

Drewiske Bouillon

Emelin

Luongo

Budaj

Well said. Thank God he is durable - if he went down for an extended period it would be potentially disastrous.

• 4 weeks later...

With Leblanc being among yesterday's cuts despite playing a pretty good game, do you think he has fallen out of favour with management? If so, he could be a candidate to be traded...which means there's someone different to ponder trade proposals for.

With Leblanc being among yesterday's cuts despite playing a pretty good game, do you think he has fallen out of favour with management? If so, he could be a candidate to be traded...which means there's someone different to ponder trade proposals for.

It's possible. It could also be tough love from management, similar to what happened with Lars Eller last season.

I see it more as the Canadiens don't believe a winger position will be available up so they are focusing more on prospects that would play center to possibly replace White. That said I think a few guys like McCarron are still up but it did look like a lot of wingers being sent down.

If Tinordi and/or Beaulieu make the jump in the early part of this year, Montreal will have more than a few elements defensively they can part with and who can be added to Leblanc and, say, Desharnais, to upgrade the size and skill of one of our forwards. Seems to me Montreal is finally working themselves into a position of strength in the trade department - something teams like Detroit have managed for years and years.

More like Leblanc Diaz and Desharnais. Which suddenly looks interesting for a team needing a puck moving defender, a prospect who has looked a little better early this year, and a guy who has scored 60 points in the past. So, for a prospecting team, that's not a bad haul depending on how they rate Leblanc.

• 2 weeks later...

Not much interest, H is injured a lot more than 1 per year, seems like a lot of small injuries. 2or 3 or 9 games at a time but quite a few of them. We can't keep people in the lineup as is. Don't think we need another sick bay pro. :)

given the long term contract he has, I wonder what it would cost to get Myers from Buffalo. Big dmen usually take time and if he puts it together, he could be exactly what we need.

given the long term contract he has, I wonder what it would cost to get Myers from Buffalo. Big dmen usually take time and if he puts it together, he could be exactly what we need.

I like the cut of your jib, but what would we send the other way? Thoughts?

Given they are going to be looking for leadership, I was thinking gorges and prospects. I hate to move Gorges, but we need some bite on the blue line and some guys who have a real chance at being a top 4. Buffalo had soured on him last year, so they be willing to move him for prospects and a proven leader that is signed long term.

I know MB said he doesn't want to deal prospects, but if you are able to get a young dman, with size and potential, I'd say its worth the risk.

Ideally, I'd like to make a deal to move DD, but given his start, I think if we waived him he would still clear. I think he needed to have been moved in the summer.

I can't see us making the playoffs with Bouillon and weber both playing 16 to 20 minutes.

You don't think DD and Diaz would do the trick?

On a serious note, they'd want a king's ransom for him or something close. They're rebuilding, so I don't think they'd look for Gorges, probably more in line with a package of prospects, picks and young players. Maybe Beaulieu, Collberg and Gallagher. I don't know if I'd be willing to do it.

You don't think DD and Diaz would do the trick?

On a serious note, they'd want a king's ransom for him or something close. They're rebuilding, so I don't think they'd look for Gorges, probably more in line with a package of prospects, picks and young players. Maybe Beaulieu, Collberg and Gallagher. I don't know if I'd be willing to do it.

It's a tough call. Part of me prefers the Plekanec-for-Edler rumours to these scenarios.

What we really should be looking for is another "Josh Gorges" scenario. Not that type of player specifically, but some defenceman who our scouts think has potential beyond what he has been given the opportunity to demonstrate on his current team. I don't know who that player might be, of course. But it may be that a guy like Myers is, probably, too big a name, with too much invested in him by his current club, to be moveable without high-risk sacrifices to our own prospect pool.