Montreal vs New Jersey, 7:00 PM, Feb. 2

dlbalr

Bourque shows more interest in playing hard than Mikey did for them this season. Nuff' said. :-(

4 yrs/$3.4m for 19 pts. Even Pouliot @ $1m and 5 yrs younger has 17 pts and plays with as much interest

I'm not getting the Bourque comment, he has 17 GOALS not points.

How much interest do you want him to show? He is playing with Pleks and Gomez. He is who he is, a 25-30 goal scorer with some grit, some speed and drives the net.

He has what 4 points in 5 or 6 games?

Why don't you pick on Pleks, Gomez, AK46 (only 12 goals)

Atleast Darche showed up and had a good game.

How much interest do you want him to show? He is playing with Pleks and Gomez. He is who he is, a 25-30 goal scorer with some grit, some speed and drives the net.

Just another example of lafrous' "facts" being destroyed. This happens on a regular basis.

I cheer for them, I just don't find myself being nervous when they are losing or upset if a goal goes against them. Its relaxing.

Don't you find that liberating? You can really enjoy games that way. I'll watch hockey whenever I get the chance (regardless of who is playing) and I find when you take that emotional attachment out of it you can appreciate the game even more.

It's at the point now where if we win it's a nice little treat. If we don't, oh well.

When Price let in that first goal I knew it was going to end bad (although I don't blame Price for the loss). His body language after that goal almost said he knew it as well.

Na, Na, Na, Na

Na, Na, Na, Na

Hey

Hey

Hey Goodbye

Na, Na, Na, Na

Na, Na, Na, Na

Hey

Hey

Hey Goodbye

To quote Dick Vital during the Vince Carter slam dunk contest.

"It's over Ladies and Gentlemen, it's over".

Yeah I too watch a lot of other games and the latest Habs games just feel like watching just another game.

I decided to watch Dora with my daughter.......more exciting.

Don't you find that liberating? You can really enjoy games that way. I'll watch hockey whenever I get the chance (regardless of who is playing) and I find when you take that emotional attachment out of it you can appreciate the game even more.

It's at the point now where if we win it's a nice little treat. If we don't, oh well.

When Price let in that first goal I knew it was going to end bad (although I don't blame Price for the loss). His body language after that goal almost said he knew it as well.

This team hasn't had many breaks this season. But it has also skilfully made the most out of every bad break it's had, finding new ways to lose practically every night it seems.

I don't find the hopelessness of this liberating at all. Sure, there's a lot of anxiety when your team is battling for something important, but that's where the fun is. I find the current state of affairs very boring, because nothing's at stake - like the preseason. Also, this team is a disgrace to the sweater and makes me vaguely ashamed to be a fan. In short, I often come out of games this season feeling like I need a shower.

It's good news that we now have a realistic shot at the #2 overall pick. That definitely puts you in franchise player territory. And that's about the only good news to come out of this disgusting season.

Note that whatever hope the high pick affords will be squandered if we do not assemble a good coaching/management team in the off-season. This will easily be the most important offseason since 2009. Bad decisions here could condemn us to another decade of mediocrity.

It's nice to watch hockey games without feeling like I'm going to have a heart attack at age 26 but there will always be that fear that the team will make this all fruitless.

"And with the second overall pick, the Montreal Canadiens select... Ryan Murray!"

"And with the second overall pick, the Montreal Canadiens select... Ryan Murray!"

Lol yep, it will be something unexciting like that. I was thinking more like, "And with the 5th overall pick, the Montreal Canadiens select yet another American defenseman in the first round, that may or may not pan out.......Jacob Trouba"

This team hasn't had many breaks this season. But it has also skilfully made the most out of every bad break it's had, finding new ways to lose practically every night it seems.

I don't find the hopelessness of this liberating at all. Sure, there's a lot of anxiety when your team is battling for something important, but that's where the fun is. I find the current state of affairs very boring, because nothing's at stake - like the preseason. Also, this team is a disgrace to the sweater and makes me vaguely ashamed to be a fan. In short, I often come out of games this season feeling like I need a shower.

It's good news that we now have a realistic shot at the #2 overall pick. That definitely puts you in franchise player territory. And that's about the only good news to come out of this disgusting season.

Note that whatever hope the high pick affords will be squandered if we do not assemble a good coaching/management team in the off-season. This will easily be the most important offseason since 2009. Bad decisions here could condemn us to another decade of mediocrity.

I'd rather be in the thick of things than where we are now believe me. I'm just so disappointed in this season that I can't take the heartbreak anymore. When you've gotten yourself away from the connection, it does make watching our games easier for me.

I still find things to be exciting, but sadly for the wrong reasons. I keep expecting some other horrible thing to happen this year.

As for the disgrace part. Yeah it is a disgrace that this has happened at all. But at least (hopefully) this is a turning point and from here on it will get a lot better. It may not be soon, but good stuff is coming.

It's nice to watch hockey games without feeling like I'm going to have a heart attack at age 26 but there will always be that fear that the team will make this all fruitless.

You are sadly very wrong. :(

"And with the second overall pick, the Montreal - excuse me, there has been a trade - the second overall pick goes to Toronto along with a second round pick in 2012 and a third round pick in 2013 and in exchange Montreal gets Michael Komisarek."

Oh would we all love to see the press conference after that one.

The thing that sort of bothers me is the reputaion of the team. That is the only thing really. I think this season is much like NJD last year. We don't really belong here but here we are. This team had slowly developed a rep as a winning team bordering on contention. We were able to sign high end players and that makes me happy. It's been a long time since we could say that. Placing first in the east, going deep in the playoffs two years ago, along with making the playoffs consistently were things to cheer for. The problem is, how many times did you confidently say "We got this" "we are gonna go far"? I have not, because I always knew they were a good bubble team. A good PP with the help of a healthy Markov or Wiz would have kept them as a bubble team and they would be competing right now, only to be run over later and boxed out by tough defense.

This new team is getting bigger. They are doing it without losing speed. s much as I was hoping for a run, I am glad that the team is losing now before the deadline, because PG should be a seller. I am a bit disapointed with the Cammie trade because I really think he could have picked up a 1st round in 2012 pick from a contender. let's replenish the farm and come back next year with Crawford and Robinson behind the bench and make the playoffs legitimately!

This team hasn't had many breaks this season. But it has also skilfully made the most out of every bad break it's had, finding new ways to lose practically every night it seems. I don't find the hopelessness of this liberating at all. Sure, there's a lot of anxiety when your team is battling for something important, but that's where the fun is. I find the current state of affairs very boring, because nothing's at stake - like the preseason. Also, this team is a disgrace to the sweater and makes me vaguely ashamed to be a fan. In short, I often come out of games this season feeling like I need a shower. It's good news that we now have a realistic shot at the #2 overall pick. That definitely puts you in franchise player territory. And that's about the only good news to come out of this disgusting season. Note that whatever hope the high pick affords will be squandered if we do not assemble a good coaching/management team in the off-season. This will easily be the most important offseason since 2009. Bad decisions here could condemn us to another decade of mediocrity.

Did we really have bad management this year? And by the way, I' m asking the question in a non-rhetorical fashion. They seem to be playing a lot of good hockey for the most part.. and just losing.

To be clear, I'm not down on them or the managent. Should JM have been axed? I have no idea at all. Did the old Goat do what he could in the face of an ongoing hemmorage on D, ya, I kinda think he did, including Kaberle as a last desperate move.

We have been missing not only Markov, but Cammy was out , Gionta gone for an extended time, and when Cammy came back, it was to a team without the key PP ingredient that sank us all year. His patience wore out. But was it the team's fault? Anybody's fault? It's always easiest to yell at the busdriver. We feel better briefly after this.

How bad is bad? People even talking about trading PK. Now that's bad.

My team has struggled against great adversity this year, and against hope, has continued to play quite a bit of good and credible hockey.

It looks like they will not make the dance this year, but sometimes ya break a leg.

As I said, I'm not really down on anyone for the almost impossible task this year, and I like some of the acquisitions, like Cole. Bourque seems pretty good too. I also think I understand why Kaberle and what happens when your Markov standin gets clobbered in his first game.

Gauthier gets a lot of sympathy from me, and on a further note, Gainey always had to walk two paths, one to good hockey every year and one to building for the future. We're not Pittsburgh or Philly. We can't set out to suck bad for three years for a rebuild. We have to do it inch by inch, and if a few of your players get cut down, then you lose the game of inches. But it is and should be the only game in Montreal. We should never play accounting hockey. That kind of winning is losing the nature of actual sport. Is it just about parades?

Go Habs Go!

Did we really have bad management this year? And by the way, I' m asking the question in a non-rhetorical fashion. They seem to be playing a lot of good hockey for the most part.. and just losing.

To be clear, I'm not down on them or the managent. Should JM have been axed? I have no idea at all. Did the old Goat do what he could in the face of an ongoing hemmorage on D, ya, I kinda think he did, including Kaberle as a last desperate move.

We have been missing not only Markov, but Cammy was out , Gionta gone for an extended time, and when Cammy came back, it was to a team without the key PP ingredient that sank us all year. His patience wore out. But was it the team's fault? Anybody's fault? It's always easiest to yell at the busdriver. We feel better briefly after this.

How bad is bad? People even talking about trading PK. Now that's bad.

My team has struggled against great adversity this year, and against hope, has continued to play quite a bit of good and credible hockey.

It looks like they will not make the dance this year, but sometimes ya break a leg.

As I said, I'm not really down on anyone for the almost impossible task this year, and I like some of the acquisitions, like Cole. Bourque seems pretty good too. I also think I understand why Kaberle and what happens when your Markov standin gets clobbered in his first game.

Gauthier gets a lot of sympathy from me, and on a further note, Gainey always had to walk two paths, one to good hockey every year and one to building for the future. We're not Pittsburgh or Philly. We can't set out to suck bad for three years for a rebuild. We have to do it inch by inch, and if a few of your players get cut down, then you lose the game of inches. But it is and should be the only game in Montreal. We should never play accounting hockey. That kind of winning is losing the nature of actual sport. Is it just about parades?

Go Habs Go!

Good post! I agree with a lot of what you are saying here. I do not believe JM should have been fired. He is a good coach. I also agree thet injury and luck have made PG loom like he is doing a poor job when really he is not. My only criticism of PG is his timing. Pearn fired five minutes before a game. JM fired to appease Cammie and others maybe, then Cammie traded and actually pulled out of the third period of a game? Very strange. If it ends here, and PG gets some good draft picks and signs the right players... Subban and Price, I see know reason why he can't remain as GM. I believe that the team could be more legitimate next year with bigger forwards and a different system.

Without the injuries and better luck, we might be where the leafs are. This team is not that good and needs some retooling. We need to maximize what we get from every trade and sale. If we do, this team can bounce back very quickly next year. We have some nice pieces to the puzzle.

I for one am not convinced PG is the guy to get the most from what he has. He seems to like to work in secret and with only one partner at a time. He has to learn to stir up interest before going into private negotiations.

The fact that most of his moves need constant defending and convincing that it was "a fair trade" or "all the market would bear" is getting tiresome. He has to make a few "wow.. great trade" to move this team forward convincingly.

These guys are terrible, and to boot, I spent 179.99 to watch them on Center Ice, so I have to watch nearly every game. The only member on this team who provides consistent entertainment value is Alexei Emelin. If it weren't for him watching these guys would be a complete loss. No fighters, no flash, and nearly every player who isn't Emelin or on the DD line is underperforming. This is an embarrassment, especially for me, living in Boston. Rooting for picks now!

We are officially back to the Rejean Houle days.

Just another example of lafrous' "facts" being destroyed. This happens on a regular basis.

Bait and troll . Can't find the ignore button ? He had 19 pts going to last night. Now he's got 20. It's a blog not a courtroom. Twist the facts anyway you like them. Keep trolling and baiting. You've been exposed

15 goals 5 assists. 20 pts.

We haven't had any "breaks" in a long time. The excuse of a loing team,not a winning one

These guys are terrible, and to boot, I spent 179.99 to watch them on Center Ice, so I have to watch nearly every game. The only member on this team who provides consistent entertainment value is Alexei Emelin. If it weren't for him watching these guys would be a complete loss. No fighters, no flash, and nearly every player who isn't Emelin or on the DD line is underperforming. This is an embarrassment, especially for me, living in Boston. Rooting for picks now!

We are officially back to the Rejean Houle days.

Just think of the people that spend $200-$300+ per tix,especially considering some of the stinkers they've played

Some troll and a few dirtbag minions were saying Darshe doesn't play on the PK. ROFL !

Bait and troll . Can't find the ignore button ? He had 19 pts going to last night. Now he's got 20. It's a blog not a courtroom. Twist the facts anyway you like them. Keep trolling and baiting. You've been exposed

This constant insulting/bashing of certain posters is getting old in a hurry. You've been told to knock it off several times and continue anyway. Consider this your final warning, it will not be tolerated further.

• Upvote 2

This constant insulting/bashing of certain posters is getting old in a hurry. You've been told to knock it off several times and continue anyway. Consider this your final warning, it will not be tolerated further.

:clap: