Commandant

Washington

Ovechkin and his buddies

Roman Hamrlik and some other D.

Tomas Vokoun starting.

@

The Normal Habs losers

+

Louis Leblanc and Aaron Palushaj of the Bulldogs.

+

The Chris Campoli trade showcase show.

+

The Peter Budaj 1 start of the month.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eller - Gomez - Darche is a terrible line because Eller and Gomez are both puck distributors. Why not put Palushaj or Kostitsyn on that line?

Yeah maybe stick Eller with Palu and Leblanc and have Darche-Gomez-(Double shifter)...

Eller - Gomez - Darche is a terrible line because Eller and Gomez are both puck distributors. Why not put Palushaj or Kostitsyn on that line?

They are making Gomez the shooter, they are trying to set him up for a goal.

Okay, now Im even stretching it.

Palushaj is more a distributor than a shooter too though... leblanc or Kosty should be on that line.

Yeah maybe stick Eller with Palu and Leblanc and have Darche-Gomez-(Double shifter)...

This is why I have very little defence for this coaching staff. I could at least rely on Martin to put the team on a defensive strategy. I can't rely on this coaching staff to do anything other than kill penalties and forecheck. Not enough for me.

The team ain't scoring. Put an AHL scorer with some NHL passers!

EDIT: I thought Palushaj had a good wrist shot? Then yeah, try Leblanc.

This is why I have very little defence for this coaching staff. I could at least rely on Martin to put the team on a defensive strategy. I can't rely on this coaching staff to do anything other than kill penalties and forecheck. Not enough for me.

The team ain't scoring. Put an AHL scorer with some NHL passers!

EDIT: I thought Palushaj had a good wrist shot? Then yeah, try Leblanc.

Its decent enough, but its not his game... kinda like tanguay had a decent wrist shot, but he's still a pass first player.... thats Palushaj's style (not talent level, style) Palushajs more gritty and willing to cycle (at least in the AHL).

The Habs started off alright but Washington picked it up towards the end of the period. Kostitsyn with Plekanec and Bourque didn't look too good, I was hoping that combo could be a second line spark. It's early though, still in it for sure.

I think one technically, but boy do they look physical! Physically physical! They hit people and hit and... yeah...

We look like the 08 Leafs.

Yeah but its worse when we suck and don't play physical. I can tolerate losing when they at least battle.

Yeah but its worse when we suck and don't play physical. I can tolerate losing when they at least battle.

It all feels transparent to me. I'd rather see them playing with skill than play with physicality, 10 times out of 10.

Of course I'd want both, but we're not showing both.