Washington @ Montreal; the lazy GDT

Commandant

Carolina needs to beat LA. It serves two purposes: improves the Canadiens tank status and will make the Kings that much more desperate.

Buffalo/Long Island can goto shootout.

Edmonton beating Detroit will create the same effect that the Canes can have on the Kings.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carolina needs to beat LA. It serves two purposes: improves the Canadiens tank status and will make the Kings that much more desperate.

Buffalo/Long Island can goto shootout.

Edmonton beating Detroit will create the same effect that the Canes can have on the Kings.

Agreed, also cheering for the Sens to beat the Leafs, just cause.

PK with the 3rd star.. he certainly kept Ovie out of this game.

Subban was excellent. Solid performances by Gorges and Diaz as well. Diaz is finally growing on me. Emelin was solid too.

I liked what I saw from Palushaj and Leblanc, especially Leblanc. Gomez was trying and there wasn't much I could say about others except Cole. Budaj put out a backup performance.

Montreal needs to begin unloading. Find a few desperate teams. Chicago has to be sweating bullets already. Start asking them what they need.

PK with the 3rd star.. he certainly kept Ovie out of this game.

He got the CBC 3rd Star, not the official which was all Washington.

Gill didn't play much in this game, 8:33 total (and he was at 8 something after the 2nd). Wonder if he'll get tomorrow's game off as they really do need to play Campoli a few in a row to give him a chance to raise his value. One game every three or four will only hurt him at this time.

Subban was excellent. Solid performances by Gorges and Diaz as well. Diaz is finally growing on me. Emelin was solid too.

I liked what I saw from Palushaj and Leblanc, especially Leblanc. Gomez was trying and there wasn't much I could say about others except Cole. Budaj put out a backup performance.

Montreal needs to begin unloading. Find a few desperate teams. Chicago has to be sweating bullets already. Start asking them what they need.

Chicago can't kill penalties.

Gill + Moen for their 1st rounder.

Chicago can't kill penalties.

Gill + Moen for their 1st rounder.

Identifying buyers:

Chicago: terrible PK

Los Angeles: low goal scoring

Rangers: poor PP

St. Louis: poor PP

San Jose: terrible PK

Detroit: poor PK

New Jersey: bad FO%, poor 5/5

Philadelphia: bad FO%, poor GA/G

I'd force Chicago, Detroit, San Jose and whoever else to make bids on Moen and Gill. Montreal's PP might be terrible but that doesn't mean they can't sell a Yannick Weber to the Blues or Rangers. LA could certainly be interested in Andrei Kostitsyn (and would consider him a replacement for Penner) while the Devils could have serious interest in a Tomas Plekanec, though that would be a very big trade to make.

There are a ton of rumors about Carter's party lifestyle and how it detracts from his game.

Very similar to the rumors about Redden a few years ago.

The last places he should go are Montreal and LA

Only way i'd risk taking Carter, was if Columbus was desperate to get out of a 10 year commitment and was willing to take Gomez of our hands - and that ain't happening.

While Montreal/LA may not be a good player for that type of player, you would think being traded a couple of times in a year would serve as a wake up call.

This was a pretty sad effort. Felt numb watching this game. Not pissed off, not angry, just thinking how sad an effort was put forward tonight.

Really makes me wonder what PG is thinking with his moves. He got bigger, with a soft Bourque. He got more skill at the backend, but picked up a soft Kaberle. Palushaj looked horrible.

Line combo choices were horrible. I can't imagine what it must have felt like to pay to see this sad, sad, bad game.

Only way i'd risk taking Carter, was if Columbus was desperate to get out of a 10 year commitment and was willing to take Gomez of our hands - and that ain't happening.

While Montreal/LA may not be a good player for that type of player, you would think being traded a couple of times in a year would serve as a wake up call.

Carter's 10 years is scarier than Gomez's 2 years.

Really makes me wonder what PG is thinking with his moves. He got bigger, with a soft Bourque. He got more skill at the backend, but picked up a soft Kaberle. Palushaj looked horrible.

Palushaj looked horrible? I thought he was one of the few forwards who got things going in the offensive zone on a regular basis. He and Leblanc made for a decent 4th line duo that probably should've played more at least in my opinion.

Today marked franchise history as well. This was apparently the first time the Habs' opponents were awarded two penalty shots in the same game.

Palushaj looked horrible? I thought he was one of the few forwards who got things going in the offensive zone on a regular basis. He and Leblanc made for a decent 4th line duo that probably should've played more at least in my opinion. Today marked franchise history as well. This was apparently the first time the Habs' opponents were awarded two penalty shots in the same game.

it seemed like every shot he took was blocked - frankly other then Budaj, i think the whole team was a no show, although Pleks looked okay defensively at times.

Carter's 10 years is scarier than Gomez's 2 years.

I think Carter can at least turn things around and if he can the contract should be a bargain. The key to get him going though is too bring more character in the dressing room - we need more guys with character like Cole up front and Gorges on the backend.

I wouldn't judge carter based on his play in Columbus. My fear though is that PG does something stupid like a Subban or Maxpac for Carter, or give up our 1st rounder this year.

I'd be willing to roll the dice on the 10 year deal with Gomez and Weber and a 2nd in 2013.

Carter is not worth that contract with his Philly play. There are very few players ever worth that contract. In my opinion, it is worse then the Gomez contract was. We got suckered into that one, lets not get suckered into a worse one that will hang around our necks for years. That money can be much better spent.

it seemed like every shot he took was blocked - frankly other then Budaj, i think the whole team was a no show, although Pleks looked okay defensively at times.

A few were but the first few went through. I was just happy that the line spent a decent amount of time in the offensive zone, something that couldn't be said about the others. I agree on Plekanec too, though the line didn't do much offensively he did do well on the defensive side of the puck.

It wasn't just Palushaj. To me, it seemed like every scoring chance the Habs had ended in a shot block or missed shot.

Carter is not worth that contract with his Philly play. There are very few players ever worth that contract. In my opinion, it is worse then the Gomez contract was. We got suckered into that one, lets not get suckered into a worse one that will hang around our necks for years. That money can be much better spent.

I think Carter is a better bet for being a regular 30-35 goal scorer then Cammy was. Carter put up 23. 14 (62 games) 29, 46, 33 (74 games), 36 goals and has 11 goals now. Around $5.5M for a regular 30+ goals is about market, possibly a bit under. I think having two party guys like Carter and Richards together could have been an issue.

I wouldn't be willing to give up too much for him, given the length of his contract, but I do think he should be good for 30+goals and if it didn't cost too much, I'd be willing to pull the trigger. The challenge of course is that I don't think Columbus is looking to dump him and will try and recoup what the gave up to get him over the summer.

Carter was the guy I had hoped the Habs would have targetted when they moved Halak.

It wasn't just Palushaj. To me, it seemed like every scoring chance the Habs had ended in a shot block or missed shot.

Agreed. That's why I was shaking my head at the line combos. too many passers together, too many guys playing the perimeter game. Like I said earlier, a few weeks back I would have been pissed. Today i was numb of all emotion. It's like I'm expecting to them to put forth another crap effort.

I didn't watch the game but.

Louis Leblanc if he played so geat... 9:08 TOI , 0 shots in goal.

AK46 had 5 shots on net.

Lars Eller was playing wing...

Plek is not good,not bad , doesn't worth 1/2 of his paycheck.

Budaj maybe the best trade bait out there.