Is anyone good with cars and car models?

Markov79

Anyone here know their stuff about the differences between certain types of cars?

I'm looking to buy one this summer and I'm a little confused.... Car dealers are all pricks ( for the most part, except if anyone here is one lol) and my friends all give me different opinions....

My email is malakhov99@yahoo.ca

If you think you can help me in any way I would appreciate it a lot!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Markov79

Anyone here know their stuff about the differences between certain types of cars?

I'm looking to buy one this summer and I'm a little confused.... Car dealers are all pricks ( for the most part, except if anyone here is one lol) and my friends all give me different opinions....

My email is malakhov99@yahoo.ca

If you think you can help me in any way I would appreciate it a lot!

markov....

first do not buy new....imho its a waste of money...as soon as you drive the car off of the lot it depreciates exponentially....lol

if you do buy used, invest some money in taking it to a mechanic to have the car checked out....

the best bets imo, are honda(accord/civic....civics are cheaper)nissan(sentra), mazda(929 mid 90's model), toyota(corolla, camry)....they are common enough that repairs/maintainence shouldnt be difficult.

$5000.00 US can get you a good used car..at your age you dont want to get something terribly expensive...

*sigh* i just spent $1000.00 on transmission repairs...ugh....*

i dont know much about cars but i've made enough mistakes with them to tell you what not to do :monkey:

let me know if you need more advice...

good luck!