GDT- Buffalo Feb 17th

bbp

Ok, a small criticism for Cunneyworth. The Sabres got an icing call with 42 seconds left and the 2 1/2 man line on. The Habs left that line on for the faceoff back in the Sabres zone, so why not call a time out to try and give them an extra rest and allow a chance for a strategy session ??

Get.....Campoli.......off........the..........freakin'................ice !!! He nearly cost the game in OT, because he forgot to play defence in his own zone when the Sabres had the bloody puck !!!

• Upvote 1

Finally, an undeserved win!

Brad Boyes is a shootout master.

But not tonight.

Patches... gets it!

Buffalo did a good job proving they were a much, much worse team than Montreal.

Buffalo outplayed Montreal for 65 minutes.

- Ryan White is quickly navigating up my list of favorite Habs players.

- Gomez played maybe his best game of the year.

- The forecheck the last couple games has been a breath of fresh air. This team is currently playing differently than most of the year. Not sure how it will equate in the standings but it's been fun to watch.

• Upvote 1

Yunno, there's always been a historical notion that if a team is .5 by the deadline there's always a chance. This was even true back in the 80's. The deadline has been moved back since then. It used to happen in March. Last time I checked we are 2 games above .5

It's a crazy season, there's over 20 games to go still. Remember San Jose last year? New Jersey's surge? They did fall short but San Jose didn't. I posted how I wanted to tank & now I'm confused. Too bad the only window to get in is to cut off the Leafs. That'd be classic though. I'd ROTF and have fun LMAO if that it happened. It's not impossible. Hopefully the Leafers have some bad games & Washington continuies their funk. I guess I'm resigned to the tank versus hope attitude and what I want. I can't control it, so why not enjoy it? Go Habs

Some thoughts....

The tank is on. The Gill trade made it official, and Kaberle, Campoli and Weber in the last pairing is a disaster, and will lose us many games, thankfully.

I don't like seeing us tank, but we can call this an "oops" year, come back with a high 1st rounder, new management, a healthy Markov and 5 or 6 young guns with real experience. Isn't that better than the classic bubble scenario?

I like Ryan White. He fights, he agitates without being dirty and he's great defensively. When he's on offense, if he has the puck it's going to the net, when he doesn't have the puck he's going to the net.

Eric Cole is the new assistant captain. Good job, finally, the merit system!

Rene Bourque is definitely better at home and in big games. I noticed this in the heritage classic last year, where he scored two goals.

Gomez is gonzo next year. Same with AK.

- Ryan White is quickly navigating up my list of favorite Habs players.

- Gomez played maybe his best game of the year.

- The forecheck the last couple games has been a breath of fresh air. This team is currently playing differently than most of the year. Not sure how it will equate in the standings but it's been fun to watch.

White is already there for me. We could use another couple like him. This tanking is new for me. Makes the games very apathetic now. I can't remember not watching/caring about the 3rd period of a close game. Either the game was sloppy and unexciting or just my attitude knowing the season and any playoff drive is 100% over,instead of 90%

Some thoughts....

The tank is on. The Gill trade made it official, and Kaberle, Campoli and Weber in the last pairing is a disaster, and will lose us many games, thankfully.

I don't like seeing us tank, but we can call this an "oops" year, come back with a high 1st rounder, new management, a healthy Markov and 5 or 6 young guns with real experience. Isn't that better than the classic bubble scenario?

I like Ryan White. He fights, he agitates without being dirty and he's great defensively. When he's on offense, if he has the puck it's going to the net, when he doesn't have the puck he's going to the net.

Eric Cole is the new assistant captain. Good job, finally, the merit system!

Rene Bourque is definitely better at home and in big games. I noticed this in the heritage classic last year, where he scored two goals.

Gomez is gonzo next year. Same with AK.

Agreed about Bourque at home. Very disappointed in him after his initial games.He was pretty nonexistant vs. the B's and has only played 5 playoff games (I believe),so that's unproven.Gomez is back next year,better learn to deal with it.Molson didn't get rich by throwing away millions. Cole should be the new captain.Still dreaming about Markov ?,LOL. White needs help in the physical dept. He's a middleweight,and coming off a serious injury.He's the type of player the two stooges should have been acquiring the last couple of years,instead of garbage,soft journeymen

Who actually won last night ? Buffalo stayed closer to getting a better pick.

Ok, a small criticism for Cunneyworth.  The Sabres got an icing call with 42 seconds left and the 2 1/2 man line on. The Habs left that line on for the faceoff back in the Sabres zone, so why not call a time out to try and give them an extra rest and allow a chance for a strategy session ??

you would be giving Sabres extra rest too. I don't minf this move by cunney, try and take advantage of buffalos fatigue.