Defencemen

Greene- Fayne

Salvador- Volchenkov

Taormina – Foster

Goalie

Brodeur

Stat Leaders

Goals: Kovy 25 Assists: Elias 35 Points: Kovy 57 +/-: Salvador/Henrique

Should be a good end to the weekend, I think Weber will be out, he barely played last game, just enough to take a dumb penalty and contribute some questionable defense. Will somebody wake this guy up? If you can't make this defense, where can you play in the NHL? Columbus? I really hope Budaj starts more games. There's no need to risk a Price injury.

I'm stuck I'm oakville until the end of the week, so I'm glad today's game is on the CBC, so I can actually watch it, rather then listen to it on the radio.

I was actually going to go to buffalo last Friday for the habs-sabres game, but give I'm 0-6 watching habs-sabres games live, I didn't make the drive. What I was surprised was the number of tickets available for that game for pretty good seats. I guess with both teams sucking this year tickets are pretty easy to get.

Should be a good end to the weekend, I think Weber will be out, he barely played last game, just enough to take a dumb penalty and contribute some questionable defense. Will somebody wake this guy up? If you can't make this defense, where can you play in the NHL? Columbus? I really hope Budaj starts more games. There's no need to risk a Price injury.

Weber looks more and more like a classic case of a guy who was brought up too early. He needed more time to marinade in the AHL and truly develop reserves of hockey know-how and self-confidence. As it stands, he routinely looks overmatched in his own end, and fails to make regular, confident use of the thing that got him here in the first place (his shot). I hope I'm wrong but my guess is that he is ruined for Montreal, and will need a change of scenery before it can be determined whether he's a legitimate NHLer or not.

EDIT: that second line (Bourque-Pleks-Darche) is brutal. Poor Pleks.

Peter Harrold will take Foster's spot in the lineup. The underlying theme of the game, the PK battle. The Habs are at 89.1%, the Devils at 88.7. If the Habs want to preserve their lead atop the PK standings, they'll probably need to be perfect tonight.

So how did those lines emerge? Put the Pacio - Desha - Cole together and then shuffle the rest? I know that the top line has worked great but maybe its time to split them up and see if they can get Pleks, Kosty, Eller or even Gomez going with a bit of consistency (spelling?).

Go Habs Go !

BTW, it was nice to read that Geoffrion got a goal in his first game with the Bulldogs ! He tied the game at 2-2 at 15:27 of the third period, then the team went on to score 2 more goals in 38 seconds, then added an empty netter. Blake also got an assist on Hamilton's first goal. Not bad at all.

Price is wearing a new mask again.

He switched to that mask for the 2nd period of the Buffalo game interestingly enough.

A rough period, the Devils did well to force the turnovers/sloppy play. Price had no shot on the NJ goal, that was just a really good deflection.

On the stat side, Eller is in Cunneyworth's doghouse again with just 2:27 of ice time. Palushaj at 1:55 is even lower. Leading the forwards? Kostitsyn at 7:03. White is looking to hit anything that moves out there, he has 3 hits already.

difference between the devils and the habs - NJ can actually connect on their passes. The habs defence looks like pylons.