Dallas @ Montreal - February 21, 2012

bar

Still in this one headed to the 3rd. The PP has been good all night, they keep this up and they'll get one. I've got a good feeling about Bourque scoring, he has been more active than he has been lately. Campoli is having a strong game, made a good read and defensive play as the 3rd PP was expiring to prevent the breakaway and break up the 1-on-1.

Good observation, RDS agrees with you about Bourque.

Still in this one headed to the 3rd. The PP has been good all night, they keep this up and they'll get one. I've got a good feeling about Bourque scoring, he has been more active than he has been lately. Campoli is having a strong game, made a good read and defensive play as the 3rd PP was expiring to prevent the breakaway and break up the 1-on-1.

Really? It seems to me like it's been getting worse throughout the game.

Refs are really sticking it to us with these power plays.

:lol:

I guess its good being stuck in Oakville and only being able to listen to the radio and not having to watch this mess. I could watch the leafs game on sportsnet, but if they win, it will just piss me off more.

Jagr scores in OT.

Habs officially 7 pts back.

We've gotten so many gifts in the last week from the Leafs, Caps, Jets, etc... and not taken advantage of any of them.

I really can't understand how anyone can possibly think this team has any chance at the playoffs after watching these last two lifeless efforts.

I see a better chance for the 2nd overall pick.

Jagr scores in OT.

Habs officially 7 pts back.

We've gotten so many gifts in the last week from the Leafs, Caps, Jets, etc... and not taken advantage of any of them.

I really can't understand how anyone can possibly think this team has any chance at the playoffs after watching these last two lifeless efforts.

I see a better chance for the 2nd overall pick.

I think 27th overall is where the Habs finish.

You really can't understand how if they won a game this week they'd be 4 back. You really can't? That's all it was about. A miniscule chance. As the players, coaches and management don't give a **** about all this fantasizing about a lottery pick.

You really can't understand how if they won a game this week they'd be 4 back. You really can't? That's all it was about. A minuscule chance. As the players, coaches and management don't give a **** about all this fantasizing about a lottery pick.

I can't understand how with about 20 games left, people expect them to accumulate 8 more pts than the Leafs and Jets will, as well as 6 more pts than the Capitals will and all the other teams in front of us.  Look at how lifeless we are, and we are gonna win 4 more games than both the Leafs or Jets?

I can't understand how with about 20 games left, people expect them to accumulate 8 more pts than the Leafs and Jets will, as well as 6 more pts than the Capitals will and all the other teams in front of us. Look at how lifeless we are, and we are gonna win 4 more games than both the Leafs or Jets?

Plus.. why would someone think this team would be anything other then fodder in the playoffs. I guess people want to believe in miracle runs. I would rather accept we are still in building mode and get that pick we need to get better for the next few years.

I suspect we can do 27th as well, but with some help, 28th is attainable.

I can't understand how with about 20 games left, people expect them to accumulate 8 more pts than the Leafs and Jets will, as well as 6 more pts than the Capitals will and all the other teams in front of us. Look at how lifeless we are, and we are gonna win 4 more games than both the Leafs or Jets?

Nobody expected anything. We were told the cut off date was December 1st. We just beat the Leafs twice in a row. And still play them 2 more times. This doesn't really need to be explained. Until they're mathematically out, it's ok to think about the possibilities. If I were you, I wouldn't admit you don't understand it.

Nobody expected anything. We were told the cut off date was December 1st. We just beat the Leafs twice in a row. And still play them 2 more times. This doesn't really need to be explained. Until they're mathematically out, it's ok to think about the possibilities. If I were you, I wouldn't admit you don't understand it.

I've watched my Leaf fan friends do this for about 7 or 8 years now come February, and even watched them get their hopes up as the late season surges result in nothing but a move towards ninth.  I didn't understand their thought process and I don't understand this one.  Yes its mathematically possible, but I think the writing is on the wall.  This team just isnt good enough to go on to win 15/20 games necessary.

I've watched my Leaf fan friends do this for about 87 years now come February, and even watched them get their hopes up as the late season surges result in nothing but a move towards ninth. I didn't understand their thought process and I don't understand this one. Yes its mathematically possible, but I think the writing is on the wall. This team just isnt good enough to go on to win 15/20 games necessary.

I agree, and thanks to your work, I've learned about those young players we could draft. It doesn't change that they were close. And I prefer when they win.