2011-2012 Trade Deadline

bbp

The Canucks traded my favourite player away. :wall:

I understand Kassian could be a good player too and probably fits better as we had too many C's and it would be impossible for Hodgson to beat out Sedin or Kesler to be a top 6 C.

But it's Hodgson. Any player that plays for Canada in the WJC has a special place in my heart. And that year where Hodgson dominated :wub: . But now he's in Buffalo.

The Canucks traded my favourite player away. :wall:

I understand Kassian could be a good player too and probably fits better as we had too many C's and it would be impossible for Hodgson to beat out Sedin or Kesler to be a top 6 C.

But it's Hodgson. Any player that plays for Canada in the WJC has a special place in my heart. And that year where Hodgson dominated :wub: . But now he's in Buffalo.

Like I said in the other thread, I don't get it. If Kesler or H. Sedin get hurt, who steps in? Why sacrifice elite depth at C like that for a player who still seems to be finding his way, in a year when the Cup is the objective? Kassian had better deliver NOW and the top-6 had better stay healthy for this trade to make much sense to me.

Like I said in the other thread, I don't get it. If Kesler or H. Sedin get hurt, who steps in? Why sacrifice elite depth at C like that for a player who still seems to be finding his way, in a year when the Cup is the objective? Kassian had better deliver NOW and the top-6 had better stay healthy for this trade to make much sense to me.

Canucks are building team to face Boston physically and sacrificed talent to do it. Big Mistake!

Canucks are building team to face Boston physically and sacrificed talent to do it. Big Mistake!

I don't think they are building a team to beat the Bruins. Kassian is a good player. Sure Hodgson has more upside, but he wouldn't have been able to move up Vancouver's depth chart any time soon. I think they are building a team to win the cup this season. They needed bottom 6 guys, so they went and got em.

I liked the trade. Kassian is a skilled forward who might be a borderline psycho that Buffalo tried to control. If Vancouver lets him off his leash he'll unquestionably be a missing element for them. Hodgson has great talent but he's had heat with Vancouver for a long time now after feeling like Dave Gagner tried to screw over his career. He was going to be moved eventually.