2011-2012 Trade Deadline

bbp

I noticed that there hasn't been a thread created for conversation about possible deals around the league in the upcoming deadline.

Most reports speak of Toronto, LA, Detroit, Philadelphia and Nashville top buyers.

New Jersey and Washington will probably be active to some degree on the deadline as well.

Sellers are harder to find.

Columbus and Tampa Bay seem to be the only sure fire sellers at the moment.

However teams like Carolina or Buffalo could see changes.

Ales Hemsky may be in play from Edmonton as well.

Who do we think is in play? Who will or won't make moves?

Will Florida make moves to make the playoffs? What does Anderson's injury mean for Ottawa heading into the deadline?

Nick Palmieri, Stephane Veilleux, and WSH's 2nd also going to the Wild. That's a pretty good haul for a uni-dimensional blueliner who's lone dimension has been iffy this year (0 goals, 13 assists in 40 games).

Edit: MIN also gets a conditional 2013 3rd as well. All of a sudden, I think Kaberle could actually fetch something now with that type of return for a similar player in Zidlicky. Obviously not 5 players/picks (they couldn't do that anyway) but an offensive d-man is something there isn't much of on the market.

Surprised by that, a bigger question now is what does this mean for Lehner?

His ELC slid last year so he still has a couple years of waiver exemption after this one. He'll play as the starter in Binghamton again next year I assume and then when Bishop's deal is up they can decide then on the plan.

Schultz for Gilbert. Great hockey deal.

I was just going to say that, nothing about the cap, nothing about being buyers or sellers, just a good deal for both clubs. I think Edmonton wins though.