Andrei Kostitsyn traded to Nashville

dlbalr

We only got back a 2nd round pick???

If Montreal makes a quick turnaround, you use those extra seconds as deadline bait.

Yea that was my same thinking when I heard the 2nd round in 2013. In the end I rather not take the chance of him walking in the offseason and getting nothing back for him.

This looks as if it was the other part of the Gill trade that didn't do down at the time. In the end, it's 2 2nd's, Geoffrion, and Slaney (bleh) for Gill and Kostitsyn. Not a thrilling return but given Kostitsyn's complete uselessness as of late, that seems to be fair value.

This looks as if it was the other part of the Gill trade that didn't do down at the time. In the end, it's 2 2nd's, Geoffrion, and Slaney (bleh) for Gill and Kostitsyn. Not a thrilling return but given Kostitsyn's complete uselessness as of late, that seems to be fair value.

Andrei is an inconsistent 15-20 goal scorer who once had the potential and people still feel have the potential to be a 25-30 goal scorer. He hits... sometimes. He works hard... sometimes. He's a playmaker... sometimes. Guys like Andrei you're best off getting good value for and moving on because you'll never build a cup contender around him.

Andrei is an inconsistent 15-20 goal scorer who once had the potential and people still feel have the potential to be a 25-30 goal scorer. He hits... sometimes. He works hard... sometimes. He's a playmaker... sometimes. Guys like Andrei you're best off getting good value for and moving on because you'll never build a cup contender around him.

Agree he can be a great piece for a top team on a 3rd line but not top 6 on a winner./

Agree he can be a great piece for a top team on a 3rd line but not top 6 on a winner./

Nashville is an interesting spot for him because their second line is a mish mash and rolling the dice with a few guys like Kostitsyn ain't a bad idea. However, I doubt him and Sergei are long term solutions. Especially if Radulov comes back to the NHL.

Nashville is an interesting spot for him because their second line is a mish mash and rolling the dice with a few guys like Kostitsyn ain't a bad idea. However, I doubt him and Sergei are long term solutions. Especially if Radulov comes back to the NHL.

Radulov to the Habs once the Habs name Roy as next coach.

Kostitsyn has spent the last month desperately killing his value through his lackluster play and telling anyone who will listen he wants to stay in Montreal. Getting a 2nd round pick for him is a bit of a blessing, but I doubt most will feel that way.

This is me openly speculating here but I'd have to think this deal could've been done in the afternoon. If they wanted to claim one of the waived players though, the deal had to be done by noon. Perhaps a claim is coming?

Forgive my ignorance....was Radulov on Roys Q team?

Yes.

7 picks in the next 2 drafts in the top 2 rounds...We are officially a rebuild team...

I liked the return, but I feel we could have gotten a bit more..At least now we will probably get to see what Geoffrion can do with the big club..

Kostitsyn has spent the last month desperately killing his value through his lackluster play and telling anyone who will listen he wants to stay in Montreal. Getting a 2nd round pick for him is a bit of a blessing, but I doubt most will feel that way.

Agreed. But as some have been pointing out, this is basically the other half of a multi-player deal:

Gill + AK46 Rental Package

=

2 x 2nd round draft picks + Baby Boom Boom + some other guy

Good work leveraging your UFAs, IMHO.

I suppose we can close the book on the 2003 draft. What an epic failure. Some of the players drafted after AK are mega stars. That's why it's so difficult to draft 18 year olds.