Andrei Kostitsyn traded to Nashville

dlbalr

Yeah it's pretty much a fact that Bourque is better than Kostitsyn. Bourque does everything he does and more. If we must have a player who tends to float sometimes, lets at least have one that can produce.

Trading two UFAs for 2 second rounders (which figure to be high second rounders in a pair of deep drafts) and what we hope will be a solid bottom sixer? An excellent deal. I applaud PG on this one.

Ha ha. Comparing two inconsistent lazy floaters. Neither one has produced this year. They're both known dogs. I am glad AK and his 3 goals last 31 games,0 g in 14 game streak that he does every year is gone. I just can't believe we're stuck with the same b.s for another 4 yrs w/ Bourque. He's as untradeable as Kab or maybe even Gomez

Ok Lang it is. thanks

It's tough with Montreal due to the fact most of our 20 goal scorers in the last several years have been homegrown (Plekanec, Kostitsyn, Higgins, Ryder, Koivu, Pacioretty). The only other 20 goal scorers I can think of right now are Cole (UFA), Zednik (trade Zednik, Bulis, 1st for Linden, Zubrus, 2nd) and Souray (trade for Malakhov).

It's tough with Montreal due to the fact most of our 20 goal scorers in the last several years have been homegrown (Plekanec, Kostitsyn, Higgins, Ryder, Koivu, Pacioretty). The only other 20 goal scorers I can think of right now are Cole (UFA), Zednik (trade Zednik, Bulis, 1st for Linden, Zubrus, 2nd) and Souray (trade for Malakhov).

Dont forget MIkey Ribs and Yannic Perrault

• 2 months later...

I like that 2013 secound rounder more and more.

Respect to Trotz for his guts to pull out Andrei K and Radulov.

Whatever the level of talent of a player, women, bottle or any other thing that keep you

out until 4am before a playoff game is not something you want in your team. Nor as a teammate.

I wish Andrei K. nothing but the best in the KHL.

I wish Andrei K. nothing but the best in the KHL.

He won't goto the KHL next year, or rather I'd be surprised if he does.

This is going to be a pretty crappy free agent list and if a guy like Selanne retires you know the Ducks will scramble to replace. There is also always going to be GMs who scramble to find projects to take on for a season or two. All I can bet on is that he won't get signed until Semin and Whitney. What I'm curious of is who gets more money, Kostitsyn or Penner?

He's a solid 20/20 man statistically and that will keep him in the NHL, but that little escapade really does tend to confirm what most of us have suspected - the guy is not a winner, he's a passenger. Either attitude or alcoholic stupors explain his 50+ games per year of floating around in a haze despite his undoubted talent. I'd be tempted to say 'good riddance'...except that we managed to replace him with Bourque :huh:

What is it with Gainey Rebuild 1.0? Ribeiro, Grabovski, Sergei, Andrei, Latendresse, Lapierre, Higgins...all these guys, and probably more, have had 'issues' relating to lifestyle, personality, work ethic, or character. That must have been some dressing room. To think, we used to fancy them the core of a future Cup team! :rolleyes:

He's a solid 20/20 man statistically and that will keep him in the NHL, but that little escapade really does tend to confirm what most of us have suspected - the guy is not a winner, he's a passenger. Either attitude or alcoholic stupors explain his 50+ games per year of floating around in a haze despite his undoubted talent. I'd be tempted to say 'good riddance'...except that we managed to replace him with Bourque :huh:

What is it with Gainey Rebuild 1.0? Ribeiro, Grabovski, Sergei, Andrei, Latendresse, Lapierre, Higgins...all these guys, and probably more, have had 'issues' relating to lifestyle, personality, work ethic, or character. That must have been some dressing room. To think, we used to fancy them the core of a future Cup team! :rolleyes:

better yet on the current team what do we have to show for all of these guys? Answer is only Scott Gomez. Everyone else is gone.