Blake Geoffrion recalled

dlbalr

Well, I am just going by what I have been reading from numerous hockey writers..They are saying he is in the Scott Neidermayer mold..

You gotta be very careful with draft analysts. A lot of hyperbole.

Yakupov is pretty close to being a generational talent. I'd put him in the same category of guys like Eberle and Tavares. First rate talent but maybe not a league leader like Stamkos, Malkin and Crosby.

You gotta be very careful with draft analysts. A lot of hyperbole.

Yakupov is pretty close to being a generational talent. I'd put him in the same category of guys like Eberle and Tavares. First rate talent but maybe not a league leader like Stamkos, Malkin and Crosby.

The only problem I have with him is his size and he has already had a major injury this season and didn't score a goal against top talent/competition at the WJC...

The only problem I have with him is his size and he has already had a major injury this season and didn't score a goal against top talent/competition at the WJC...

Pretty much everyone in the CHL has been injured this year it feels. As for the WJC, he was the reason his linemate, Kuznetsov was an unstoppable goal scoring machine. He didn't need to score when he was helping a guy finish every time. That's like complaining about Gretzky not pucking anymore pucks in the net when he's still hitting 150 points. As for his size, he's the same size as Jordan Eberle. Would you really complain about Eberle's size?

Ryan Murray is the better prospect..The kid's skill is off the charts..We need another blue chipper in the D dept. to go with PK..Tinordi and Beaulieu will be solid top 4s, but Murray is a future number 1...

Subban is already a blue chip imo.

We have 0 elite fwds anywhere in the system. i like patches but hes no elite; 1st liner.. very good but not elite

we need a guy who can be an 80+ point player

All I know is, if we go forward, I want the big center..If we don't have a chance at one of the big centers, I want the top d-man..Yakupov is going to CLB, anyway, so I don't know why we are even talking about him coming here..

Subban is already a blue chip imo.

We have 0 elite fwds anywhere in the system. i like patches but hes no elite; 1st liner.. very good but not elite

we need a guy who can be an 80+ point player

I agree, but I don't think think that those type of players will be there when we pick...Ryan Murray will be and be the BPA at the time of our pick..

Ideally, Grigerenko..Otherwise, its the d-man, for me..

I agree, but I don't think think that those type of players will be there when we pick...Ryan Murray will be and be the BPA at the time of our pick..

Ideally, Grigerenko..Otherwise, its the d-man, for me..

Personally I go Grig, Galy and Forsberg. If we're fifth overall, you move down the draft based on who is taking a blueliner and then take Gaunce with an extra pick added.

Personally I go Grig, Galy and Forsberg. If we're fifth overall, you move down the draft based on who is taking a blueliner and then take Gaunce with an extra pick added.

Meh, I'm not big on Gaunce...I was earlier, but I have been hearing a lot of concerning things about him..Namely, his ceiling..More of a 2nd/3rd line center...

His size and grit is really nice, but his skating ability has been suspect..

Edited by Blonde Demon

No on his twitter he said 55 57 or 75

Now everyone is saying #57... Sad that this is what generates the most excitement nowadays....

Two things

1st I'm not just going off written reports. Ive personally seen the CHLers at least 3-4 games for each

2nd if you're going off scouting reports remember style of scott niedermayer, or reminding the scout of niedermayer doesn't mean he's as good just that he plays a similar type of game. it says little about talent level just about style

also yakupov is the consensus #1 pick for a reason from all the scouting services. I saw him both this year and last, i'll put my reputation on the line he's the best player available.

All I know is, if we go forward, I want the big center..If we don't have a chance at one of the big centers, I want the top d-man..Yakupov is going to CLB, anyway, so I don't know why we are even talking about him coming here..

Draft Lottery you never know

Also Galchenyuk was 6'1 at age 16 he could be 6'2 or 6'3 when hes done growin. Hes a big C

If we're 5th i take Murray if the forwards are gone IMO. Don't let that one game at the WJC fool you. i'd take a top pair d over gaunce

Two things

1st I'm not just going off written reports. Ive personally seen the CHLers at least 3-4 games for each

2nd if you're going off scouting reports remember style of scott niedermayer, or reminding the scout of niedermayer doesn't mean he's as good just that he plays a similar type of game. it says little about talent level just about style

also yakupov is the consensus #1 pick for a reason from all the scouting services. I saw him both this year and last, i'll put my reputation on the line he's the best player available.

Draft Lottery you never know

Also Galchenyuk was 6'1 at age 16 he could be 6'2 or 6'3 when hes done growin. Hes a big C

I just feel that us Habbers have been starving so long for a top line franchise type of center that we forget that we don't really have anything in terms of blue chip d-man besides PK in the system...We are a team that is building from the net out and adding a talent like Ryan Murray would be better than adding another under sized/flashy winger..I just don't want the team to screw up this chance at a franchise talent..I have watched Ryan Murray, as well..He makes the game look easy and skates exceptionally well..He ,may not be the most physical guy back there, but everything they are saying is true about the kid..

Like I have said, if we have a chance at the number 1 pick, I would be hesitant to pick Yakupov simply because he is supposed to be the best prospect in the world, but didn't score 1 goal at the WJC against players that are his same age..

Edited by Blonde Demon

WJC is always a 19-20 year olds tourney.

Remember in 2005; Jeff Carter was a better player for team Canad at 19 than crosby was at 17.

Yakupov was an assist machine in that tourney too.

Actually, teams can only have 3 20 year olds on the roster at the time of the tourney..Yakupov is 18 so he right around the same age as the majority of the players in the WJC tournament..

Actually, teams can only have 3 20 year olds on the roster at the time of the tourney..Yakupov is 18 so he right around the same age as the majority of the players in the WJC tournament..

Not true

Teams can have as many players as they want who are 19 on december 31st. No overagers. you have CHL rules not WJC rules.

Its typically a tourney dominated by drafted players two years past their draft and Yakupov hasnt been drafted yet.

but again he was a top line player and assist machine a great performance by a draft eligible player.

He has nothing to be ashamed of.

Murray who was awful vs Russia had a much much worse tourney than Yakupov.

Still people need to be careful overrating this two week 6 game tournament when judging prospects. Its just too small a sample to be the be all and end all when you have a guy breaking stamkos' ohl numbers for two straight years.

Still people need to be careful overrating this two week 6 game tournament when judging prospects. Its just too small a sample to be the be all and end all when you have a guy breaking stamkos' ohl numbers for two straight years.

Agreed to a point. I'm not really interested in any of the top D prospects and the last thing I want is to run into a Cam Fowler clone. A guy who had a great WJC and seemed to look good on a dominant Windsor Spitfires club making the NHL early but really just being the second coming of Patrice Brisebois.

Agreed to a point. I'm not really interested in any of the top D prospects and the last thing I want is to run into a Cam Fowler clone. A guy who had a great WJC and seemed to look good on a dominant Windsor Spitfires club making the NHL early but really just being the second coming of Patrice Brisebois.

Murray is much better than Fowler defensively in junior.

I like the Geoffrion recall and think it was just a matter of time. But I was hoping they'd keep Leblanc with the team. Leblanc, Eller, Geffrion sounds like a pretty good third line to me!

It will be interesting to see how RC constructs his line for tonight...

Actually it probably won't.

He'll play 7 d as usual, He'll play the big line together.

Then a blender for everyone else.

He does have a chance to bench one of those dmen and just let the others paly with a consistent partner.

Be careful about using a top5 pick on Filip Forsberg. Im a fan of his swedish team and havent seen alot from him so far in the games Ive watched.

• Upvote 1

Looks like he'll be on the 3rd line tonight with Plekanec and White. Here are the probable lines...for whoever wants to do the GDT, hint, hint.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole

Bourque-Eller-Palushaj

Geoffrion-Plekanec-White

Staubitz-Gomez-Nokelainen

Nice lines. Definitely look like a bottom feeder team.

Seriously...I actually feel sorry for Plek. It's as if an asterix should be placed next to his stats from this season.

Seriously...I actually feel sorry for Plek. It's as if an asterix should be placed next to his stats from this season.

Yeah,he got treated like crap all year. He has been set up to fail. Give him Pacs and Cole,and I would think he'd be the leading scorer by a wide margin. he's close as it is. Those lines are definitely reminiscent of the 2000 habs