Jean Beliveau Hospitalized following a stroke

Commandant

I'm wearing my jersey & getting a lot of odd looks around where I work since the team is not doing well. I explained to my boss who was razzing me it was for Jean. I like him more than the Rocket but it's not that Beliveau was better than Maurice or vice versa, they are different types of players. Don't get me wrong, when Maurice dyked a goalie he could crash the net at the same time. He shot, he moved & fired the puck. We all know that Maurice had a fire inside him that was unstoppable.

Beliveau was more of a magician with excellent hockey sense with and without the puck. I can't even compare them. Like I said - very different types of players. But Jean has always been the calming presence since we lost Maurice. Beliveau was in his heyday the modern day/contempory Mario Lemieux.

I hope he's well. God bless.

Mr Beliveau is the class of professional sports; a great gentleman and role model. My favorite player ever. I let the guys in blue in Toronto chase around a habs sweater with #4 on the back.

God bless you Mr Beliveau. If God willing you can hang with us for a little longer down here , that would be fine, but if not you've done it all with such grace I'll hope to see you in the big game upstairs.

P.S. (With no shoot-outs allowed of course in a perfect game of hockey.) I have a brother-in-law upstairs, a wonderful guy who's waiting to face off against you one more time.