what the habs must do to improve their game

ron653

if the montreal canadiens want to go anywhere for this season or for the future they must drop the weight holding them down,namely the european players that play for a big contract and then sit on it and go through the motions of amusing theirselves off and on the ice,showing up some nights and very well hidden on others.get rid of the extra weight and bring in the canadian players who play the game with their hearts and souls and have pride in this quickest and toughest game to ever be played. guaranteed they won,t turn their backs to an oncoming check or on their team mates.after all it is our game and we are the best at it. what do you think?

if the montreal canadiens want to go anywhere for this season or for the future they must drop the weight holding them down,namely the european players that play for a big contract and then sit on it and go through the motions of amusing theirselves off and on the ice,showing up some nights and very well hidden on others.get rid of the extra weight and bring in the canadian players who play the game with their hearts and souls and have pride in this quickest and toughest game to ever be played. guaranteed they won,t turn their backs to an oncoming check or on their team mates.after all it is our game and we are the best at it. what do you think?

I personaly think that "If you think that pride is about nationality, you're wrong".

Acquiring another big forward & preferably a center would be nice. I like our current defence in terms of depth. Hopefully Markov can return in 2012-13. Gorges is one of the best stay at home D's in the league along with the likes of Girardi & Lidstrom. Liddy is definitely the best at that particular position. Subban tried too hard but it was a sophmore year. I am confident he will take a smart step up next year. Emelin, Diaz and Weber make for a good remaining core & then there's Kaberle but we don't know what the team is going to do with him yet so he's tough to include. Beaulieu & Tinordi being in the prospect pool is interesting in the long term. In general, things should be OK & we might pick up a UFA after the loss of Gill.

The Habs might not need to do that much. There are too many slumps thoughout the lineup this year. Sometimes it seemed it was only Pacioretty or Cole that was scoring. As we all know what could go wrong - did go wrong it seemed. Slumps Slumps Slumps

Who needs Holmstroms when we can have Pouliots!

Good on Pittsburgh for taking hard working Canadian kid Angelo Esposito instead of some soft as butter AmeriCAN'T like Max Pacioretty!

Nothing said "Good scouting decision" for the Canadiens than when the Habs selected power forward CANADIAN Jason Ward over soft Euro butter Marian WHOssa.

Why is this post in the 'NHL talk' section?

Anyway, we actually have an excellent array of talent as far as supporting cast goes. What we're missing are key, 'core' players: first-line C, #1 D-man and a top-3 winger. We may be able to address the second need via the return of Markov, although I think this is likely wishful thinking at this point. One of the other two may be acquired in the draft this season, but even though a top-3 pick can probably step in right away, we'll need to allow 2-3 years before they can truly assume those roles. This leaves a need for at least one major offseason acquisition.

The whole 'Euro' argument is ridiculous and I'm not gonna comment beyond that.

1. Draft an 18 year old center ready for the NHL

2. Find a team who wants Desharnais

3. See if you can find a taker for Bourque

4. Add a winger to the fourth line that can cruise and bruise

5. Add a short term solution aggressive D-man if Tinordi is not ready

6. Start treating Plekanec like a top six center again and give him linemates that can score or make space

7. Figure out what to do with Gomez, either buy out or minors

8. Sign all youngsters to long term deals

9. Change the corporate culture

10. Add Youppi to the Canadiens logo ;)

For some reason I want to see Bourque-DD-Max Pac. Max and DD are great together and because of their effort level maybe Bourque can wake up.

Seeing Cole-Pleks-Someone who isn't Darche would be good to.

This season there isn't many options but Cole - Pleks - Gionta would be decent enough for now.

Gionta won't be back this year will he? Or will he be back at the end?

Bourque - Plekanec - Cole

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk/Grigorenko - Gionta

DD - Eller - Leblanc

Moen - Geoffrion - White

Blunden, Palushaj

Markov - UFA/Gorges

UFA/Gorges - Subban

Kaberle - Emelin

Diaz

Price

Budaj

Boom done.

Gionta won't be back this year will he? Or will he be back at the end?

I meant to say next season. Sometimes you don't realize what your fingers are typing :P

Also, Commandant, Bourque on the first line is about as enemic as Kostitsyn playing first line. I'd honestly prefer DD in the top six.

This is another reason why I just don't see a one year rebound. Cole, Pacioretty, Gionta and ? is just not good enough.

The lines are kind of 1a/1b... But yeah, another LW acquired and Bourque in Leblanc's place would make things better, give Leblanc a little more time in the AHL too.

If we want to win, Leblanc should be up. If we want to develop, Leblanc should spend time in the AHL until it's silly to do so.

Right now I really, really want Bourque out. Gotta be a team around who considers his cap hit lovely. I certainly don't.