Hamilton vs St. John's, March 14, 6 PM

dlbalr

Tonight is the second half of the back-to-back set against the IceCaps. Hamilton will be short their #1 healthy defenceman (to go along with their top-2 injured ones) as St-Denis is with the Habs.

button_ham.jpg

Active scoring leaders:

Goals: Andreas Engqvist (19)

Assists: Brian Willsie (21)

+/-: Alex Henry/Robert Slaney (+3)

PIMS: Zack FitzGerald (216)

button_stj.jpg

Active scoring leaders:

Goals: Jason King (18)

Assists: Spencer Machacek (31)

+/-: Arturs Kulda (+18)

PIMS: Garth Murray (96)

Puck drop is at 6:00 PM EST and can be listened to by clicking this link: http://cham.player.amri.ca/

Quick note on the injuries:

Callahan, Fortier, and Masse are all a week or two away from coming back, Stafford is more indefinite (Conboy, Bishop, Nash all confirmed or presumed done for the year). Hendrixx is the only healthy scratch.

painful to listen to but not unexpected. Sounds like Lawson was not 100% healthy when pulled. We're just playing out the string I'm afraid. Think the Bulldogs staff will have to do a good job of selling the fresh crop of prospects over the summer to retain much interest for next season.

painful to listen to but not unexpected. Sounds like Lawson was not 100% healthy when pulled. We're just playing out the string I'm afraid. Think the Bulldogs staff will have to do a good job of selling the fresh crop of prospects over the summer to retain much interest for next season.

I think the dogs games will see a lot more habs fans eager to see Tinordi, Beaulieau and all the other prospects stepping up. I know I would be there if I were in the lower Ontario area.

Gotta sell them though, most people in the area not familiar with our prospects. This is an area the team has sucked in though, casual hockey fans should have known more about Subban than they did when he was there.

exactly-that's what I meant. The sales staff should not do their usual disappearing act over the summer and keep on top of things especially in the Hamilton area where a good CFL team (which the Tiger Cats have the makings of) will make occasional fans forget hockey. Market the hell out of Tinordi & Beaulieu for sure and lets hope they keep their names up front all summer long. Hoping if they sign another name vet, that he will produce bigger numbers than Willsie (who I really like), although I'm sure he has been a good mentor. The Willsie situation reminds me a lot like the acquistion of Eric Manlow a few seasons ago, who never lived up to the hype of his previous accomplishments. The organization has a history of signing vets at or near the end of their careers..

Right now, we're icing an ECHL club every night talent wise. Accomplishments like Tuesday should be savoured. Tonight should be forgiven. Time now for the Radio Crew to give up the slim hope of a playoff berth and start promoting Tinordi and the other top prospects for next season

Edited by miklin

The Dogs need a better partnership with the Spec and CHCH; those outlets report TiCat news all offseason, even when there is no news and they do human interest stories.

Dogs need this to keep them relevant like you say.

Even at the back of the Sports section a story on Tinordi or Henry or anyone is better than an ad

I think CHCH is really weak on coverage of local sports and this should be their priority, not Leaf this, Leaf that which is covered much better by Sportsnet and TSN. Ken Welch is given about four minutes each night whereas the half hour with Bubba O'Neil and Mark Hebscher is pathetic and just a rehash of international stuff, once again, covered better by the major sports networks. I have to stifle a laugh when the station refers to itself as a "Super Station"

One station that covers local and junior hockey really well is CKCO in Kitchener and maybe the Dogs should talk to the sports director there re coverage. CKCO usually has OHL and GOJHL highlights every night. CHCH could easily cover AHL, OJHL Jr A, GOJHL Jr B etc, but seems to attempt to cover a little bit of everything, in the meantime pleasing no-one.