Who does Plekanec play with?

Trizzak

What I find particularly aggravating is that despite being out of the playoffs Cunneyworth insists on sticking with the 2 and a half men line. Personally I think Desharnais has skills but the 2 wingers are what is driving him.

Take the small sample size of when Desharnais was hurt and Pleks was the center. The line scored 4 goals in 2 games.

It's time to see who can play with who. Try Deharnais and Bourque and maybe they'll have chemistry allowing Pleks to pivot the 2 big guys.

Take chances and experiment.

I still say

Desharnais - Plekanec - Cole

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gionta

Bourque - Eller - Leblanc

How bout real change;

Cole-Lacavalier-Pacioretty

Bourque-Eller-Gionta

Leblanc-Desharnais-Moan

White-Engqvist-Staubitz

2 way contracts for Palushaj-Geoffrion-Blunden

Pretty sure last we tried, Lecavalier would have cost us Plekanec, Price and Subban along with a first rounder. The NHL rejected it.

Lacavalier wasnt coming off his 3rd straight 20 something goal and 2nd injury shortened seasons, also Yzerman and Julian Brisbois werent the 2 opposing GMs doing the deal.

I agree, very little chance of happening, but instantly would change look of forward group and would have at least 1 All-Star calibre, cup winning, big francophone, definite #1 centrman (which would be a PR homerun also).

And Plekanec/Weber & prospect like a Gallagher-Bennett or Kristo would likely do the deal for Yzerman. Sure you would overpay a bit, but to get any star forward you almost have to dont you?

I am a Plekanec fan, but they need a big change up front to prosper and too really upgrade for a bigger #1 centre seems logical.

Don't get Vinny... I think he is a great player and all... but we want a younger guy imo. I really want Parise if possible :D! (i know he isn't a center, but i think we will be drafting one)

I don't think any sane Habs fan should be considering Vinny. His contract is just too aweful and he's already past his prime and declining. I would take Gomez's contract over Vinny's any day just for the fact that Gomez's actually ends.

i didnt notice it was forever and dosent end till 2020 ( would be a bit hard to take), but as far as past his prime, i would say i heard exact same thing about Cole and Iginla for several years. So maybe Lacavalier was bad example but a bigger centre like that for Plekanec ios what is needed, forget the draft, that player wont be impact for at 2 years, but maybe a Kopitar, Getzlaf, Stastny or the like.

i didnt notice it was forever and dosent end till 2020 ( would be a bit hard to take), but as far as past his prime, i would say i heard exact same thing about Cole and Iginla for several years. So maybe Lacavalier was bad example but a bigger centre like that for Plekanec ios what is needed, forget the draft, that player wont be impact for at 2 years, but maybe a Kopitar, Getzlaf, Stastny or the like.

I decided to look at the top teams in the NHL right now and how many had a big bodied center on their top line. Malkin in Pittsburgh, Berglund in St. Louis and Franzen in Detroit are probably the best examples unless you want to go farther down the list for Toews (I don't count the Sedins because they are tall and skinny. Unbelievable talents though). However, all of these teams do have a big bodied first line forward. Gaborik, Lucic, Malkin/Neal, Jagr/Hartnell, Backes/Berglund, list goes on. The big center concept is sort of a red herring. Having a power forward or elite talent? That's not. Having Pacioretty and Cole on the wings is a huge benefit to the team but I don't believe the team is not going to be able to compete without a 6'3" centerman on the top line. What they really need is more than one line working in the top six and a bottom six we can rely on. Also, we need two puck moving, offensive D-man instead of just one.

I decided to look at the top teams in the NHL right now and how many had a big bodied center on their top line. Malkin in Pittsburgh, Berglund in St. Louis and Franzen in Detroit are probably the best examples unless you want to go farther down the list for Toews (I don't count the Sedins because they are tall and skinny. Unbelievable talents though). However, all of these teams do have a big bodied first line forward. Gaborik, Lucic, Malkin/Neal, Jagr/Hartnell, Backes/Berglund, list goes on. The big center concept is sort of a red herring. Having a power forward or elite talent? That's not. Having Pacioretty and Cole on the wings is a huge benefit to the team but I don't believe the team is not going to be able to compete without a 6'3" centerman on the top line. What they really need is more than one line working in the top six and a bottom six we can rely on. Also, we need two puck moving, offensive D-man instead of just one.

I don't think it is necessarily the "big body" center that we have coveted for so long, as it is the clear cut "number 1" center. At least that is my my opinion. Ideally it would be a combination of the two but it would be nice to know unequivocally who our top center is going into a season. Plekanec, Eller, Desharnais and Gomez do not fill the requirement, no matter how you spin it.

For next year I see Plekanec as a number 3 shutdown centre playing with Moen & Blunden would be a great shutdown line.

Two big strong wingers who are both great defensively. I would like to see the 2 & 1/2 men line as our number 2 line. Then what is our number 1 line?? Here's the fix after buying out Gomez offer R. Bourque & L. Leblanc to Colorado for Paul Stastny throw in Weber if we have to. Then we have a number 1 centre, then go after Zack Parise to play with Stastny and but Eller on the wing with them to turn him into an offensive threat which I think he can be. Then we can move Gionta & free up some cap space I would offer Gionta & Diaz to Pittsburgh for Deryk Engelland & Keven Veilleux, Veilleux to play in Hamilton & Engelland to play on the 5/6 defense pairing with Emelin. This allows Emelin to play nasty & throw some big hits with someone there to protect him because of the plate in his face. Then offer Kaberle & Palushaj to Edmonton for L. Smid. Last of all sign UFA John Scott. This also leaves Nokelainen as a possible throw in if need be to make the above trades possible.

Next year we look like this :

Price/Budaj

D: Suppan/Gorges

Markov/Smid

Emelin/Engelland (St. Denis)

Up front: Parise/Stastny/Eller

Pacioretty/Desharnais/Cole

Blunden/Plekanec/Moen

White/Geoffrion/Staubitz (J. Scott instead of Geoffrion when we play teams like the Bruins, no more big bad Bruins pushing us around)

As usual, you seem to be offering well less than teams would accept for their top players not to mention Pittsburgh doesn't have the cap space moving forward to take on a $5 million dollar winger without shedding any salary of note in return. Plus, guys like Weber and Nokelainen have very minimal to absolutely no value in a deal. Nokelainen was more or less dealt for a 7th round pick - that's not going to sway anyone to do anything.

I believe after buying out Gomez and Kaberle regularly you get around $27M to play with to re-sign Price, Emelin, Geoffrion, Eller, Subban and White. Well, he had him traded for Smid but yeah.

But that Smid trade... Smid for Kaberle and Paushaj? Why on earth would Edmonton do that? Their D has been their major issue, Smid has been their rock this season. Kaberle is brutal in his own end... which is why people want him gone. Why would they want Palu either? They have offensive players.. Palushaj has almost no value atm??? Not to mention that they wouldn't want Kaberle's contract when they need to sign their young guys... Just doesn't make sense!

But that Smid trade... Smid for Kaberle and Paushaj? Why on earth would Edmonton do that? Their D has been their major issue, Smid has been their rock this season. Kaberle is brutal in his own end... which is why people want him gone. Why would they want Palu either? They have offensive players.. Palushaj has almost no value atm??? Not to mention that they wouldn't want Kaberle's contract when they need to sign their young guys... Just doesn't make sense!

99 per cent of trade offers on the Internet are terrible and the one per cent that are good would never be made by two GMs.

99 per cent of trade offers on the Internet are terrible and the one per cent that are good would never be made by two GMs.

I know... thats why I never go near the HF forums... I hate bad trade ideas that aren't thought out from both sides!

I know... thats why I never go near the HF forums... I hate bad trade ideas that aren't thought out from both sides!

My favourite will always be a thread where a Pens fan was trying to trade Sidney Crosby to the Kings (this was a few years ago, he thought there was no need for Sid with Malkin) and included Dustin Brown in the package. Almost immediately there were several Kings fans saying they wouldn't give up Brown for Crosby straight up because of how valuable Brown is. I'll always remember that comedy. That and some Habs fans on HFBoreds saying in 07-08 that the Kostitsyns would be better than the Sedins.

My favourite will always be a thread where a Pens fan was trying to trade Sidney Crosby to the Kings (this was a few years ago, he thought there was no need for Sid with Malkin) and included Dustin Brown in the package. Almost immediately there were several Kings fans saying they wouldn't give up Brown for Crosby straight up because of how valuable Brown is. I'll always remember that comedy. That and some Habs fans on HFBoreds saying in 07-08 that the Kostitsyns would be better than the Sedins.

Wow... thats crazy :/ yeah... I'm not going near that site!

That and some Habs fans on HFBoreds saying in 07-08 that the Kostitsyns would be better than the Sedins.

Ah, I remember hoping they'd be as good as the Sedins when Sergei broke into the NHL and things were looking up for Montreal.... That hope got crushed pretty quickly.

Ah, I remember hoping they'd be as good as the Sedins when Sergei broke into the NHL and things were looking up for Montreal.... That hope got crushed pretty quickly.

Draft has so much an impact. Because we drafted AK46, we didn't risk picking Anze Kopitar. Where would we be with Kopitar+Halak instead of drafting Price? We probably wouldn't have to get Gomez to attract Gionta and Cammalleri. Picture would be completely different. And it all started with drafting AK46.

Draft has so much an impact. Because we drafted AK46, we didn't risk picking Anze Kopitar. Where would we be with Kopitar+Halak instead of drafting Price? We probably wouldn't have to get Gomez to attract Gionta and Cammalleri. Picture would be completely different. And it all started with drafting AK46.

I dont think Timmins ever liked Kopitar. If we didnt take Price, it would have been Marc Staal. The Habs always went BPA in those years so I dont think Kosty stopped us from going Kopitar

I dont think Timmins ever liked Kopitar. If we didnt take Price, it would have been Marc Staal. The Habs always went BPA in those years so I dont think Kosty stopped us from going Kopitar

Exactly. The conversation goes, Gainey asked Timmins who were the top choices. Timmins said either draft a franchise defenceman (Marc Staal) or draft a franchise goaltender (Carey Price). Gainey chose Price.

I believe Savard wanted Gilbert Brule and went crazy when Gainey picked Price instead.

Exactly. The conversation goes, Gainey asked Timmins who were the top choices. Timmins said either draft a franchise defenceman (Marc Staal) or draft a franchise goaltender (Carey Price). Gainey chose Price.

I believe Savard wanted Gilbert Brule and went crazy when Gainey picked Price instead.

haha oh Brule...