Will Carey Price Stay With Habs?

*looks at avatar*

*looks at posting history about Price*

*disregards opinion on Price*

Sorry homer. I am a hockey fan and i don't wear blinders and think just because he has the ch on his chest he is the greatest. So 5 or six million a yr would be a big insult?

To all worried about an offer from other team

I have said this in the past, but here it goes again:

An unsigned offer sheet still just remains sheet :)

I think Price stays at what ever he gets some people will call it sheet others not so much. I also think it will be a multi yr contract if less then 6 yrs at about 5.25 mil a yr. if more then at 6.5mil a yr.

• Upvote 1

Sorry homer. I am a hockey fan and i don't wear blinders and think just because he has the ch on his chest he is the greatest. So 5 or six million a yr would be a big insult?

No. 5M isn't going to happen, imo, if he takes that its a discount. But. If we look at the game play of Nashville and look at ours... Rinne has a great d. Ours had had multiple AHL'ers in it at times this season. Our team has had one of the sketchiest bluelines in the league and Price bailed us out. Rinne is great its true, but if you look at the needs of the teams and how other goalies would do in the cities Price is more valuable to us then Rinne is to them. Price put up solid numbers with a swiss cheese defense. Rinne has a stone wall d to help his numbers.

No. 5M isn't going to happen, imo, if he takes that its a discount. But. If we look at the game play of Nashville and look at ours... Rinne has a great d. Ours had had multiple AHL'ers in it at times this season. Our team has had one of the sketchiest bluelines in the league and Price bailed us out. Rinne is great its true, but if you look at the needs of the teams and how other goalies would do in the cities Price is more valuable to us then Rinne is to them. Price put up solid numbers with a swiss cheese defense. Rinne has a stone wall d to help his numbers.

our d is not great but not the worst either. If it was that bad our pk would not be where it is. as far as rinne d men thats hard to prove they make him look good. same can be said for brodeur for yrs he had great d as well so if u took his great d and put ours there would he suck? We could go back and forth forever on this point. you make avalid point

After playing for 35 years and against some pro Goalies and players in some of that, Price is the goalie of the future and I am hoping he stays in Montreal. every native I meet here in BC are usually habs fans and that he is in net there now just cements his god-like adoration out here. Does amangement feel the same way. I think post by "commandant" has it right. everything has been done make him the god he has and will become.

That's my fear as well. Rinne being used to determine a Price contract

They're not comparables, one was a pending UFA the other a pending RFA. If for some reason they go to arbitration, neither side can use the Rinne deal to make their case. Now in long-term talks it could be brought up but I imagine there are some better comparable options out there.

BC people are morons.

Dont think are Morons, just fickle i think might be the word for it, as many Hab fans are as well. But this is finally the Canucks year and will win er all, which will be very nice to see.

Hopefully Price and Mgmt agree to a nice long term contract. But who knows if gets done before end of summer or much earlier?

They're not comparables, one was a pending UFA the other a pending RFA. If for some reason they go to arbitration, neither side can use the Rinne deal to make their case. Now in long-term talks it could be brought up but I imagine there are some better comparable options out there.

Bang on!!! thomas makes 5 million so does fleury how can he ask for much more then that?

Bang on!!! thomas makes 5 million so does fleury how can he ask for much more then that?

Because when Fleury signed, it was 2008-09 and the cap was like 14 million dollars lower than it is now.  Inflation happens.  Same with Thomas who signed in 2009.

When you live your whole life in a province and then live in another, it sort of works that way. I often feel the same way about Albertans.

Yeah, but it doesn't work that way when people move from elsewhere to Montreal ;)

I expect the Habs to match any offer sheet that Price signs unless it is for 8M+..

Even if he takes the 8M+ offer, we are still handsomely rewarded with a bevy of 1st rounders...

This table explains compensatory picks for 2011:

$1,034,249 or below: No compensation

$1,034,249 -- $1,567,043: Third-round pick

$1,567,043 -- $3,134,055: Second-round pick

$3,134,088 -- $4,701,131: First and third-round pick

$4,701,131 -- $6,268,175: First, second and third-round pick

$6,268,175 -- $7,835,219: Two first-round picks, a second and third

$7,835,219 and higher: Four first-round picks

I wouldn't worry too much about losing Price this off season...

Edited by Blonde Demon

Draft picks are only guaranteed to be good if it's a low end team.

Let's say the devils signed price, I'd rather have price then 4 1st rounders that are all probably going to be the 20th pick or higher.

I expect the Habs to match any offer sheet that Price signs unless it is for 8M+..

Even if he takes the 8M+ offer, we are still handsomely rewarded with a bevy of 1st rounders...

This table explains compensatory picks for 2011:

$1,034,249 or below: No compensation

$1,034,249 -- $1,567,043: Third-round pick

$1,567,043 -- $3,134,055: Second-round pick

$3,134,088 -- $4,701,131: First and third-round pick

$4,701,131 -- $6,268,175: First, second and third-round pick

$6,268,175 -- $7,835,219: Two first-round picks, a second and third

$7,835,219 and higher: Four first-round picks

I wouldn't worry too much about losing Price this off season...

I totally agree, but it would be better than losing him for nothing...Besides, most of the top teams in the league already have solid goal tending or near the cap...

Is he worth 8M+ in cap space and 4 1st round picks?

Edited by Blonde Demon