Bulldogs vs IceHogs, March 20, 8 PM

dlbalr

Armed with some new faces, the Bulldogs travel to Rockford to play the IceHogs.

button_ham.jpg

Active scoring leaders:

Goals: Andreas Engqvist (19)

Assists: Frederic St-Denis (25)

+/-: Robert Slaney (+2)

PIMS: Zack FitzGerald (227)

button_rfd.jpg

Active scoring leaders:

Goals: LeBlanc/Pirri (22)

Assists: Brandon Pirri (28)

+/-: Matt Fornataro (+10)

PIMS: Jeremy Morin (107)

Puck drop is at 8:00 PM EST and can be listened to by clicking this link: http://cham.player.amri.ca/

Armed with some new faces, the Bulldogs travel to Rockford to play the IceHogs.

button_rfd.jpg

Active scoring leaders:

Goals: LeBlanc/Pirri (122

Assists: Brandon Pirri (28)

+/-: Matt Fornataro (+10)

PIMS: Jeremy Morin (107)

Puck drop is at 8:00 PM EST and can be listened to by clicking this link: http://cham.player.amri.ca/

two players with 122 goals each D:!

That is terrifying haha

two players with 122 goals each D:!

That is terrifying haha

And that's what happens when I rush the GDT together...

Stat they just mentioned, Avtsin is pointless and -11 since January 15th. :1vomit:

And Willsie scores! Just after I bash him no less, hmm.... there goes a 9 game goalless drought.

Great spin job by Derek Wills in the first intermission interview - 10 points back but the good news is almost every game they're playing a team they're trying to catch. They're 14th in the conference, of course that's the case (especially in a league where there are some teams in the other conference that Hamilton doesn't play).

watching Avtsin for parts of two years, I was wondering what the heck the scouts saw in him. His stats from his season before arriving in Hamilton were in no way impressive (30 games with Moscow Dynamo 3 goals-6 assists)

2-1 at the end of two btw

I tuned in late.. What did Derek say re the two PTOs being released and the three ATOs being signed??????

Arena in Rockford is sponsored (naming rights) by another BMO controlled subsidiary (tonight's trivia)

Edited by miklin

Gabe gets a short handed e/n to make it a 3-1 win. (Mitera in the box for coming to the defence of Nattinen who was injured by a questionable hit -(knee-) that was unpenalized). Got to think referee Jamie Koharski is approaching his best before date. Second ref Shaun Davis won't pass wind without asking Jamie's permission)

Avtsin had a phenomenal year in his draft year playing in a Russian junior league, that's what caught the attention of scouts. Even the 9 points in 30 games isn't half bad for an 18 year old in the men's league. For whatever reason, he can't put forth the effort consistently here.

As for the notes on the new guys, all Derek noted was that they had signed and 2 of them were playing; I don't even recall him mentioning letting Lampe/Haddad go.

How is Nattenin looking, is he looking better than start of year/developing?

He is coming along pretty well in my opinion. I couldn't understand why he was being sat so often in the year (in favour of Berger, Lefebvre, etc) but whatever the reason, it seems to have worked as he's now a regular inside what is supposed to be a top-6 forward group. (Guys like Avtsin, Slaney, despite being more experienced, are still in the bottom half...)