GDT 8 game 76 Habs at Flyers

JMMR

Yeah, Minny & the Isles have 71 points too, but also have 2 games in hand on Montreal. As bbp pointed out, we're virtually (almost for certain now) falling within the top 3. We're not there yet of course & there's still 2 weeks to go in the season. Still, there's 6 to 8 games remaining for all teams. Very soon (it all goes as hoped) the point spread between us, the Isles, Minny & T.O. will be too wide for us to finish 27th or higher.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there's always that dreaded lottery...

I think regardless of who wins the lottery we will end up with one of Grigorenko or Galchenyuk. Yakupov will be first and then people are interested in Dumba and Murray, plus someone might take Forsberg on a whim. For Montreal it is between these two. (personally I like Galchenyuk.)

Could we poll Grigorenko VS Galchenyuk? Just to see what people are thinking?

I think regardless of who wins the lottery we will end up with one of Grigorenko or Galchenyuk. Yakupov will be first and then people are interested in Dumba and Murray, plus someone might take Forsberg on a whim. For Montreal it is between these two. (personally I like Galchenyuk.)

I agree, though I'm hoping Molson is going to slip Bettman a few quid to rig the draft lottery so we get Yakupov.

As for Grig vs. Galy, probably be best to wait until we know where we're drafting for sure (you never know, Darche might come back and score a hat trick every game) but hey, why not?

I agree, though I'm hoping Molson is going to slip Bettman a few quid to rig the draft lottery so we get Yakupov.

As for Grig vs. Galy, probably be best to wait until we know where we're drafting for sure (you never know, Darche might come back and score a hat trick every game) but hey, why not?

I don't want Bettman nnneeaaarrr the lottery box until its picking time... otherwise Phoenix will win the draft lottery. Phoenix or Florida. Some southern team team with no future that he will move to Seattle or Los Vegas in a few years just to spite Quebec :/

I don't want Bettman nnneeaaarrr the lottery box until its picking time... otherwise Phoenix will win the draft lottery. Phoenix or Florida. Some southern team team with no future that he will move to Seattle or Los Vegas in a few years just to spite Quebec :/

If the BOG says they are no longer paying for Phoenix this summer, they are moving to Quebec. There's just no other cities to move to. Seattle has no rink, Kansas City has no owner, Las Vegas has nothing but the awards and Hamilton has no chance.

I'm suspicious of all draft lotteries. That said, the NHL feels a lot more random than the NBA. The only NHL ones that seemed suspect was the back to back Florida lotteries (which Florida traded both times) and the Crosby draft. In the NBA, there has been some suspect lotteries. Most notably being Chicago getting Derrik Rose and Cleveland getting LeBron James. However like what Chuck Klosterman once said, basketball fans accept the fact that their game is a little crooked.

If the BOG says they are no longer paying for Phoenix this summer, they are moving to Quebec. There's just no other cities to move to. Seattle has no rink, Kansas City has no owner, Las Vegas has nothing but the awards and Hamilton has no chance.

I'm still expecting him to look under every possible rock to fine somewhere else if he can...

About the lottery, I was kind of happy to see NJ win the lottery after their big winning streak at the end of the season.

I'm still expecting him to look under every possible rock to fine somewhere else if he can...

About the lottery, I was kind of happy to see NJ win the lottery after their big winning streak at the end of the season.

Yeah that one is a little suspect now that I think about it.

WHERE'S MY TINFOIL HAT

Galchenyuk gets the nod from me, primarily because of KHL fear and no negative reports on attitude.