Mayer and Dumont Called up

JMMR

Any idea who the backup is for the Bulldogs tonight?

Lawson's only DTD and on the trip so I'm guessing he'll dress tonight while they look for a more realistic solution (or that DiPronio again) once they get back.

Classless move calling up Dumont. Nobody on that Bulldogs roster deserves a call up more than Alex Henry. Especially seeing that the team is settling a score tomorrow with Ryan "Douchebag" Malone. I wonder if this team is serious about competing with the physical powerhouse that is the Eastern Conference. Dumont? Please! I guess Palushaj has another AHL dud to compete for Mr Irrelevant.

Classless move calling up Dumont. Nobody on that Bulldogs roster deserves a call up more than Alex Henry. Especially seeing that the team is settling a score tomorrow with Ryan "Douchebag" Malone. I wonder if this team is serious about competing with the physical powerhouse that is the Eastern Conference. Dumont? Please! I guess Palushaj has another AHL dud to compete for Mr Irrelevant.

Not only is he an awful skater as Commandant noted, you want to steal another defenceman from a team literally missing 4 regulars on the blueline as it is? That would be more classless in my books as you're dealing an unnecessary blow to Hamilton.

Hamilton has a vague shot at the playoffs why call up a player who could jeopardize the little hope there is for them.

Henry won't ever play in the NHL.

Any idea who the backup is for the Bulldogs tonight?

From the Bulldogs website: The Bulldogs also signed goaltender Scott Darling to an emergency Professional Try-Out contract. Darling will back-up netminder Peter Delmas in tonight’s Bulldogs game in Oklahoma City. Darling, 23, has played 35 games for the Southern Professional Hockey League’s Mississippi RiverKings, compiling a 15-17-1 record with a 2.92 goals against average and a .905 save percentage. The 6-foot-5, 215-pound native of Lemont, Illinois previously played for the University of Maine and the USHL’s Indiana Ice.

From the Bulldogs website: The Bulldogs also signed goaltender Scott Darling to an emergency Professional Try-Out contract. Darling will back-up netminder Peter Delmas in tonight’s Bulldogs game in Oklahoma City. Darling, 23, has played 35 games for the Southern Professional Hockey League’s Mississippi RiverKings, compiling a 15-17-1 record with a 2.92 goals against average and a .905 save percentage. The 6-foot-5, 215-pound native of Lemont, Illinois previously played for the University of Maine and the USHL’s Indiana Ice.

He's a former sixth round pick of the Phoenix Coyotes back in 2007.

Big kid. Maybe he'll impress someone.

I think I remember Dumont from a preseason game, either this September or last. He seemed to be a decent energy player, but his skating was a little slow if I recall correctly.

He's a former sixth round pick of the Phoenix Coyotes back in 2007.

Big kid. Maybe he'll impress someone.

Haha maybe they hoped he would turn into the next Rinne :P

Alex Henry gets 200K per year to play in the AHL which is among the highest 2 way deals in the league. He's rewarded pretty well for what he does.

Big time and I bet he loves his role.

He's the captain of the dogs. He deserves something. He used to play some with the Capitals. I'll be enthused to see another smallish forward misused on the fourth line tomorrow.

He also captained the Wild

Didn't the Wild use to change their Captain on a nightly basis or something strange like that?

Monthly. It was a very strange exercise.

If you ask me, there have been five real Minnesota Wild captains:

- Brad Bombadir (9 months)

- Andrew Brunette (7 months)

- Mark Parrish (5 months)

- Brian Rolston (5 months)

- Mikko Koivu (6 months before being permanently given the C)

I considered Gaborik but he was only given the captaincy to try to convince him to stay. Nobody else was captain for as many months as those five.